• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We Have The Votes': The Senate Will Act This Week To Codify Same-Sex Marriage

what the **** does that with me paying for a same sex couple wedding or something like that, don't respond with a stupid post
Your original post was about your fear of having to pay for a gay couple's wedding? Now THAT is a stupid post.

Hope there will be enough votes in the house.

The Senate is expected to vote this week on legislation to codify same-sex marriage and, more importantly, the bill has enough GOP support to pass, HuffPost has learned. “We have the votes,” a source close to negotiations confirmed Monday.​
A bipartisan group of senators has been trying for months to pass a marriage equality bill to protect same-sex and interracial relationships. The House passed its own legislation in July, but that proposal stalled in the Senate, where some Republicans raised concerns that it would stifle religious liberty.​

Any and all damages that happen if the House is taken over by Republicans will be the sole creation of the actions of many white people, they watched the attack on the U.S. Capitol and they watched 4 yrs of Trump madness and they still voted for "White Nationalism" by their vote for Republicanism. We can also blame the Latino votes who backed Republicanism after Trump launched an all out assault upon and against Latino People.

There is no getting around those facts. Every Tragedy that has happen to America via the Political Madness falls right at the feet of "many white people", they are the majority population in this country and they can't escape the disasterous results of their actions at the ballot box in voting for Republicans.

Guaranteed if Republican take the house... among the first things they will do is push for "another tax break for the wealthy". Then they will try to gut every public program that serves the nation and the people.

Any and all damages that happen if the House is taken over by Republicans will be the sole creation of the actions of many white people,
its always amusing to ready your moronic racist rants

SCOTUS has shown itself to be unreliable after the abortion decision.

SCOTUS addressed this very question already. Respectfully, the left sort of freaked out when it learned that it, too, can lose. However, freaking out about the Thomas concurrence ignores the fact that he is exactly one vote of nine, and the other eight are not interested in revisiting the issue. Even if you could get four to Grant cert, Kavanaugh has already indicated in his Dobbs oncurrence that he does not support overturning Obergefel. That's a shame, because that decision was crap law, but it is what it is.

This measure, too, is not the best way to handle this. We don't have a national law on cousin marriage, because it's left to the states, who are supposed to handle this sort of thing. However, it's better than attempting to find a friendly judge to impose your will I suppose.

its always amusing to ready your moronic racist rants
Are you even paying attention to THE FACT of who is voting Republican.... you bullshit of trying to claim its racist to state that fact... is pure idiocy. I don't care one bit about you using that word to try to diminish what you hate to be pointed out.

Pay Attention to Facts:

1668520115856.png
No Race of People are Perfect" - Denialism of the fact that many white people vote Republican is just a plain lie.​

Last edited:
I'm now reading that this legislation is worded in such a way that it will allow Republican states to outlaw same sex and interracial marriage if they want to.

How crazed the left is. Boys can be girls, killing babies is OK. Criminals are the victims, hardworking middle class workers should pay for the college education of doctors, lawyers and gender studies candidates.
What a sad and angry world you live in.

America moved on, you decided to be left behind.

The me of 2015 cared greatly about legislation to legalize same sex marriage. The me of 2022? Meh.

The Dems didn't pass this when they had a supermajority in 2009. Now it's moot virtue signaling.
You have to kill a vampire with a stake to its heart, if you truly want it dead.

Otherwise, it will continue to try to kill you.

Which enumerated power?
General welfare.

I know, you inexplicably think that line doesn't count. In that case, you have to disband the air force, because when you throw that line out the remaining enumerated powers only let us fund the army and navy.

Thiis is why MY ideal SCOTUS would be neither Left nor Right. It would have 3 loony Lefties, 3 rabid Righties, and 3 LIBERTARIANS to keep Either group of lunatics from seizing control.
Libertarians usually lean right. That wouldnt work

really? So, I actually support freedom, and as long as a law is not grabbing more money for protected humans then I am all for it

Why on earth would this cost you money?
Nothing, I hope. but it's the feds ffs, So I support ssm but I also support trans but the taxpayers should not have to pay, I say this because liberals always rty to cross the line and push for things for citizens who think they should be a special category

That's not an enumerated power.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It's already codified by SCOTUS decision. Based on equal rights - a sound basis, unlike Roe.
The SCOTUS decision leaves it up to individual states. Codifying it in Federal Law means it's a personal right, not up to the discretion of any state.

SCOTUS addressed this very question already. Respectfully, the left sort of freaked out when it learned that it, too, can lose. However, freaking out about the Thomas concurrence ignores the fact that he is exactly one vote of nine, and the other eight are not interested in revisiting the issue. Even if you could get four to Grant cert, Kavanaugh has already indicated in his Dobbs oncurrence that he does not support overturning Obergefel. That's a shame, because that decision was crap law, but it is what it is.

This measure, too, is not the best way to handle this. We don't have a national law on cousin marriage, because it's left to the states, who are supposed to handle this sort of thing. However, it's better than attempting to find a friendly judge to impose your will I suppose.
Even mcconnel knows scotus is political. He wouldnt be such a big influencer as to who gets on the court otherwise.

He knew Trump appointees would go after roe and played the long game but he also dispells the myth of the independent judiciary. Imposing our will much like Eisenhower imposed his will on the segregationists?

General welfare.

I know, you inexplicably think that line doesn't count.
How does it "count" for marriage? If that line could mean anything you wanted it to mean, there would be no need for enumerated powers.

How crazed the left is. Boys can be girls, killing babies is OK. Criminals are the victims, hardworking middle class workers should pay for the college education of doctors, lawyers and gender studies candidates.
The midterm elections proved that Americans have had it with the MAGAT agenda. The MAGAT in Chief had his butt handed to him in the 2020 election. The pendulum has swung and tolerance is on the rise. If you don't believe it look at the Kansas abortion vote. If he Repulsicans can't see the handwriting on the wall they will cease to be a relevant political party.

I have to say I'm surprised they're actually doing something.
They haven't done anything yet. It remains to be seen whether or not this comes to pass. For my part I will believe it when I see it.

Back
Top Bottom