• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WATCH: Rep. Maxine Waters Protests Past Curfew in Brooklyn Center, Calls for BLM to Get ‘More Confrontational’ if Chauvin is Acquitted

Maxine Waters is an example of what I am talking about, a modern day race baiter of a politician stomping all over the intentions of the civil rights movement.

She is also a hypocrite of the highest order, being upset for what Trump incited then turns around and in advance of a jury decision incites a group of her own to "get more confrontational."

It would not be unreasonable now to call her both dangerous and prejudiced.
Not to mention she is clearly attempting to influence the jury - essentially saying 'find him guilty or your city will burn!'

I would expect Chauvin's attorney to bring this up to the judge again tomorrow. He's already made motions based on outside influences at least twice since the trial began (due to the city settlement announcement,, and the unrest following the recent shooting). The city is already a war zone, and the jury is going to have to make some important decisions knowing it's going to get worse if they acquit.

All this additional protesting, involvement by government officials like Waters, and violence, is going to do is serve Chauvin a mistrial up on a silver platter IF they find him guilty.

I didnt defend trump 'breathlessly' nor have I criticized Waters. I was pointing out the hypocrisy that you dutifully missed.

Clearly you and I have different definitions of "breathlessly."

Waters never called for violence. Trump literally did.

Whoops.
lol. She goes to a place that has seen days of violent riots and tells the crowd to 'be more confrontational.' 😂 But you are the local expert on the matter. Tell me, does her words help you decide whether to throw frozen water bottles or canned goods at the police?

Not to mention she is clearly attempting to influence the jury - essentially saying 'find him guilty or your city will burn!'

I would expect Chauvin's attorney to bring this up to the judge again tomorrow. He's already made motions based on outside influences at least twice since the trial began (due to the city settlement announcement,, and the unrest following the recent shooting). The city is already a war zone, and the jury is going to have to make some important decisions knowing it's going to get worse if they acquit.

All this additional protesting, involvement by government officials like Waters, and violence, is going to do is serve Chauvin a mistrial up on a silver platter IF they find him guilty.

If you think Minneapolis is a war zone you've either never been in a war zone, or haven't been to Minneapolis in a long time.

lol. She goes to a place that has seen days of violent riots and tells the crowd to 'be more confrontational.' 😂 But you are the local expert on the matter. Tell me, does her words help you decide whether to throw frozen water bottles or canned goods at the police?
And this is "not critcizing" her as you claimed you didn't?

Clearly :rolleyes: But now that youve got your whataboutism out of the way, care to comment on Watters inciting a mob?

As I said, I would support proceedings to remove her from Congress. You did not support removing Trump for inciting a mob.

Who's the hypocrite?

As I said, I would support proceedings to remove her from Congress. You did not support removing Trump for inciting a mob.

Who's the hypocrite?
Trump was already leaving office and if you had been paying any attention at all, you would know by now that the assault was pre-planned, not the spontaneous result of anything Trump said in his speech. But, you and facts dont get along very well.

Incitement to riot. Plain and simple.
Yet the crowd last night was more subdued and left on its own accord. Probably because 100+ people were arrested Friday night.
See, she's an old war horse of a pol who couldn't incite a dog to bark. It's like listening to the lunch lady tell everyone to form a straight line. Bless her heart.
I don't like her confrontational asides, but she's harmless. Why are you so threatened by her?

Trump was already leaving office and if you had been paying any attention at all, you would know by now that the assault was pre-planned, not the spontaneous result of anything Trump said in his speech. But, you and facts dont get along very well.
The assault was directly caused by what Trump had been saying for MONTHS.

I did watch it so you don’t have to! She says nothing of what they’re claiming, and the video cuts off just before she answers a question regarding the curfew.

Just remember: most of these folks insisted Trump didn’t incite anything because he didn’t use the words “attack the Capitol and kill people”. That was their criteria for incitement just five minutes ago.

Mr. Trump was impeached by people like Ms. Waters who said that he did indeed "incite" the mob to storm the Capitol.

The funny thing here is that Ms. Waters is calling for attacks upon the American political system, specifically the judicial system, if certain people don't get what they want.
This is far worse than anything Mr. Trump was alleged to have done, for the simple fact-- the fact-- that Mr. Biden had already been elected president and nothing would have changed this. But threatening violence if the judicial system doesn't vote as they mob demands? Much worse.

Someone needs to hold this winch accountable for these comments.
——-

Unhinged California Rep. Maxine Waters travelled to Minnesota’s riot-plagued Brooklyn Center and called for people to get even “more confrontational” if Derek Chauvin is acquitted — blatantly endorsing violent mob rule.
The 82-year-old representative was breaking the city imposed curfew which was put in place to protect the community.

Well I'm sure the democrats will remove Maxine from her office becuase she incited an insurrection. If not I'll be shocked since they love law and order and the USA. This is the essence of the low lifes in the democrat Congress. Is anyone surprised, I doubt it.

Trump didn't call for people to get even “more confrontational”.
1- Obviously he miscommunicated his message to the Capitol rioters. 2-Did Gateway Pundit ever begin a story with “unhinged Donald Trump?” Just wondering.

I love the fact that an 82 year old black woman is getting under the skin of the Trump faithful.
I even love the fact that they're using her as an excuse to justify the 1/6 insurrection AND anything and everything Klan/Nazi/Oath Smellers/Proud Boys DO or WILL DO, now or in the future.
I don't have to agree or disagree with what she says or does.
Far as I'm concerned, as long as she pisses off the Trumpers, it's all good.

The only thing any of those groups WON'T DO however, is try taking another whack at the Capitol.
They're terrified at the thought of mounting a 1/6 redux.
They're so terrified that they're taking out their impotent rage on anyone who isn't the right color.
Which leads me to my next point:

Those folks have had just about enough.
Watch this space.

She has...more than once.
Her idea of confrontational seems to be more protest/challenging/ demanding change, not violence, rioting or looting.

If you think Minneapolis is a war zone you've either never been in a war zone, or haven't been to Minneapolis in a long time.
It's an expression, but the fortifications around the courthouse are pretty imposing. Businesses are boarded up. City keeps being placed under a curfew. Protests and buildings being burned. The jurors have to pass through walls made with concrete and razor wire, protected by the national guard. It's not normal. Those jurors know that they face more (and worse) looting and burning if they don't convict - as well as a very real threat to their personal safety. That's got to be weighing on their mind.
c69310-20210224-chauvin-trial-prep2-600.jpg

US_NEWS_MINN_POLICE_DEATH_2_MS.6046825c394f4.png

Last edited:
Her idea of confrontational seems to be more protest/challenging/ demanding change, not violence, rioting or looting.
Are you pretending not to know the words she used?

I think the National Guard would beg to differ. After all, they were shot at last night.

Back
Top Bottom