• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader

No, I knew quite a few Bernie supporters that were going to vote for her pre-Kaine, for the sole purpose of keeping Trump out of the White House.

So if that's their sole purpose, they'll still be voting Hillary.

This won't change the numbers all that much. She's a Clinton, nothing sticks to a Clinton. Don't expect scandals to be able to take Clinton down, they won't.

I hope a few of those Bernie guys vote for Gary Johnson.

What would the appeal of Gary Johnson be (aside from being non-establishment) when his view on money in politics, and pretty much everything save pot, civil liberties and maybe foreign policy, is literally anathema to Bernie's? Particularly in light of the Green party being almost exactly aligned with Sander's platform?

Disgusting albeit expected and unsurprising.

Dat blatant quid pro quo corruption.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ and THIS story broke not long after the thread topic.

The Democrat Party is coming apart at the seams, they need to abort if they don't want Trump to be President.

Thank goodness he qualified his statements at the end....

"We're committed to civility and non-violence," he noted.

I read somewhere they didn't Wasserman to speak at the convention. So perhaps that was the last straw for her.

So I see that DWS was immediately hired by Hillary.

Do we have enough people mad at both parties yet to break through with NEW parties?

Let's hope so, Josie. IMHO whether it is Trump or Hillary in the White House the American people will lose. In fact I suspect voters will stay home in droves. People are fed up and then some.

I'm not a big Robert Reich fan but someone sent me something this afternoon that he wrote. He said that Republicans are starting to get it and Hillary and the DNC remain clueless. It's not about left and right so much anymore. It's about establishment and anti-establishment.

The DNC is over. It can never be the same. Gone forever. The death of the GOP was less dramatic and perhaps less obvious, but it is essentially dead.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) resigned as Vice-chair of the DNC 02/28/16 to support Bernie Sanders. Gabbard believed Wasserman Shultz should be replaced and I believe Gabbard is the one for the job. I thought Schultz was wrong for the job since the Dems didn't support Obama since they lost Congress and since the lousy Congressional and State Democratic results that Schultz was supposed to be resulting. I didn't hear of any real ground work or effort on part of the DNC. Happy to see her go. Much too late. That "Honorary Chair" stuff better have zero say in anything.

So I see that DWS was immediately hired by Hillary.

Do we have enough people mad at both parties yet to break through with NEW parties?

Won't be long now. If not 2016, hopefully by 2020 (before either of these imbeciles has enough time to **** up the world too bad)...

What's wrong with that email exactly? She's hardly conspiring, she specifically said she didn't want to touch it.

.... Because she would "cuss out Sanders."

She's the black Wasserman.

.... Because she would "cuss out Sanders."

She's the black Wasserman.

The lady is allowed to have a personal opinion. That she was smart/honest enough to stay out of it professionally despite holding that personal opinion is a credit to her.

Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader - CNNPolitics.com

Well, a not unexpected followon from the leaked DNC emails. Sanders called for her to step down months ago, and reiterated that today in wake of the email leak. The damage is already done in terms of the Democratic nomination though.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC. Will be interesting to see HRC's official word on this.
If they were transparent they wouldn't have waited until the last possible moment.

But, if anything, this just serves to reinforce my belief that the two major parties... under the superficial surface... are more alike than they are different.

Well, a not unexpected followon from the leaked DNC emails. Sanders called for her to step down months ago, and reiterated that today in wake of the email leak. The damage is already done in terms of the Democratic nomination though.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC. Will be interesting to see HRC's official word on this.
Oh, and for what it's worth, and given the "quality" of the opponent, I think they'll be fine.

I never liked her from the beginning; now I know why.

The Republicans had Trump, now the Dems get wikileaks. couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

I have no idea why she's resigning. It was never a secret that Hillary was going to be the nominee this year and anyone who really thought that an election mattered when it came to that fact has their head in the clouds. The Clintons are the king and queen of the Democrat party and have been since the 90's. Obama was allowed the WH in 2008 only because that solidified the black vote. He might be the ideological face of the party but Clinton is the bank so she gets to make the calls.

They benefit from their appearance of impartiality. People donate to them under that guise, and vote for people they endorse. If its so obvious they're not impartial, they shouldn't have rules requiring them to be, it just leaves them open to lawsuits.

But do you think DWS would have reaffirmed her impartiality over and over on national TV if it was sort of understood "she's supposed to be but she isn't and thats ok"?

Wow, the DNC is even worse than the RNC. That's hard to accomplish, but they did it. And, after all the jabs they took at the Republican convention, the Democrat convention is already a disaster even before one of the nut jobs speak!

They already had a discussion or vote on superdelegates and they decided to keep superdelegates. In other words, the fix will always be in.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) resigned as Vice-chair of the DNC 02/28/16 to support Bernie Sanders. Gabbard believed Wasserman Shultz should be replaced and I believe Gabbard is the one for the job. I thought Schultz was wrong for the job since the Dems didn't support Obama since they lost Congress and since the lousy Congressional and State Democratic results that Schultz was supposed to be resulting. I didn't hear of any real ground work or effort on part of the DNC. Happy to see her go. Much too late. That "Honorary Chair" stuff better have zero say in anything.

Excellent call

I guess something had to be done, the Democrat Party is tarnished all over social media thanks to Wikileaks clickbait. I think the Sanders camp were the ones that did this. They had already breached the DNC servers and figured out their lack of security sometime last year I remember. However, if one actually looks at the emails, nothing really bad or damaging is in them, except it just confirms my suspicions that you have to class-A douchebags or deer-in-headlights spazzes to get far in any of these organizations.

Back
Top Bottom