• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader

Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader - CNNPolitics.com

Well, a not unexpected followon from the leaked DNC emails. Sanders called for her to step down months ago, and reiterated that today in wake of the email leak. The damage is already done in terms of the Democratic nomination though.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC. Will be interesting to see HRC's official word on this.

It won't change a thing, other than more lies that will lead to more exposure and faux victim-hood on the part of the DNC and Clinton.

I am sure tomorrow, Monday, she will say the resignation had nothing to do with her not being able to speak at the convention or the emails.

She will say it was a coincidence.

Or she'll say she was forced to step down because she's a woman or something stupid like that.

Wasserman-Schultz is such a disgusting human being. She is about as rank as any politician who has ever walked this planet.

She's in a very hard battle to retain her seat in the House, too. Nothing would be better than watching this end her political career.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) resigned as Vice-chair of the DNC 02/28/16 to support Bernie Sanders. Gabbard believed Wasserman Shultz should be replaced and I believe Gabbard is the one for the job. I thought Schultz was wrong for the job since the Dems didn't support Obama since they lost Congress and since the lousy Congressional and State Democratic results that Schultz was supposed to be resulting. I didn't hear of any real ground work or effort on part of the DNC. Happy to see her go. Much too late. That "Honorary Chair" stuff better have zero say in anything.

Gabbard has morals and ethics.

I remember when she announced her resignation. We discussed it on this board. Gabbard without question had to have known what was going on at the DNC.

WOW, Hillary really doesn't know when to quit.

I haven't seen this story reproduced on any of the main media sites, including Fox News, so I would wait to see if this story is confirmed by others first. Though it sounds like something right up Hillary's isle.

DWS is the official DNC scapegoat now. She is getting set up to take the heat for Clinton...

Yep. I'm sure Hillary is thanking her for her help in getting elected and I think even DWS is proud of herself for taking one for the team cause. She got what she wanted and being flattened by the bus tires was worth it.

I ask again...

Did Wasserman do anything that Hillary didn't tell her to explicitly or implicitly?

Of course not.

Or any Establishment-controlled party for that matter. It's because they know that people don't want what they're trying to cram down our throats, and nothing they have planned is good for the citizens of this country.

That's exactly why Trump, a person who has never run for public office before, has become so popular.

Last edited:

Well, a not unexpected followon from the leaked DNC emails. Sanders called for her to step down months ago, and reiterated that today in wake of the email leak. The damage is already done in terms of the Democratic nomination though.

This doesn't reflect well on the DNC's actions, but I hope this resignation prompts more future transparency from the DNC. Will be interesting to see HRC's official word on this.

I hope it helps Tim Canova kick her ass in her primary coming up at the end of August. He's already out fundraising her as of late. But even if she loses that election you can almost guarantee that she has an appointment job pending from Hillary for all the hard, deceitful conniving work she did on her behalf.

The Obama team — especially 2012 campaign manager Jim Messina — long viewed Wasserman Schultz as a major campaign liability, questioning her fundraising prowess and her tendency to appoint personal aides to positions of authority, prioritizing loyalty over competence and effectiveness as a spokesperson for Democrats. At the time, senior campaign officials leaked details of an internal survey, conducted by pollster David Binder, showing Wasserman Schultz was the least-liked Obama surrogate; she later dismissed the report as “National Enquirer” dross.

After Obama’s 2012 victory, Messina and longtime political adviser Patrick Gaspard, who worked under Wasserman Schultz at the DNC, pressed the president to push her out, advising that he tap former Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak as her replacement. Obama — who cared little for the party machinations — figured the move would be more trouble than it was worth and told his aides that he was OK having Wasserman Schultz serve as chairwoman until he left office. “It’s embarrassing that Obama left the problem for Hillary,” one former West Wing adviser told POLITICO.

Read more: Inside the scramble to oust Debbie Wasserman Schultz - POLITICO

Wait, did Obama not warn Hillary?

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) resigned as Vice-chair of the DNC 02/28/16 to support Bernie Sanders. Gabbard believed Wasserman Shultz should be replaced and I believe Gabbard is the one for the job. I thought Schultz was wrong for the job since the Dems didn't support Obama since they lost Congress and since the lousy Congressional and State Democratic results that Schultz was supposed to be resulting. I didn't hear of any real ground work or effort on part of the DNC. Happy to see her go. Much too late. That "Honorary Chair" stuff better have zero say in anything.

Debbie's probably going to be replaced by someone equally hackish in Donna Brazille. A woman who every time you'd see her on tv was slamming Bernie for Hillary as well. How in the hell she has a job in the democratic party after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as head of Gore's campaign... I don't know.

Debbie's probably going to be replaced by someone equally hackish in Donna Brazille. A woman who every time you'd see her on tv was slamming Bernie for Hillary as well. How in the hell she has a job in the democratic party after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as head of Gore's campaign... I don't know.

Depending on what gets released next, she may go down too.
Brazille was part of the email slamming.

As long as the DNC's super delegates can 'out vote' their constituency, I don' think that it'll improve any as far as transparency or fairness.

They are as transparent as the Obama administration. Why change now?

Indeed. The most opaque administration ever, except in their motives, which are the most transparent. Same can be said for the DNC.

Depending on what gets released next, she may go down too.
Brazille was part of the email slamming.

What's kind of funny is they are trying to say that Putin is behind helping this wikileak. So... the Bernie campaign and supporters were saying that the DNC was silently tilting the primary towards Hillary's favor and all the Hillbots started crying "Oh that's just a nutty conspiracy theory." Now the proof is out there and their defense? Start a conspiracy theory about how it's Russia's fault.

What's kind of funny is they are trying to say that Putin is behind helping this wikileak. So... the Bernie campaign and supporters were saying that the DNC was silently tilting the primary towards Hillary's favor and all the Hillbots started crying "Oh that's just a nutty conspiracy theory." Now the proof is out there and their defense? Start a conspiracy theory about how it's Russia's fault.

I know we're almost always on opposite sides of the political divide, but I really, really want some kind of justice for you guys.
People who donated, in my opinion were defrauded and it's not right.

Where's that "Overcharge" button when you need it? ;)

Ok, for the sake of conversation let's say Putin is behind it.

So? :shrug:

Is it true, or not?

Exactly. Why would that even matter if Russia's behind it?

Hillary's base has demonstrated that they do not need a logical reason to excuse something, they just need something that they can tell themselves to justify not thinking any more about it. Russia Did It is at least as good as Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

Hillary's base has demonstrated that they do not need a logical reason to excuse something, they just need something that they can tell themselves to justify not thinking any more about it. Russia Did It is at least as good as Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

So long as you toss in her "Hillary standard" self-pity. ;)

Yes, they have. Just like the Trumpeteers, they will excuse everything and anything. That leaves those of us who belong to neither base a Hobson's choice in November, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom