• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Pro-Gun Control ,but now Im Pro-Gun

Did Swtich sides?

• Total voters
OK, now square that belief with the most powerful military on the planet, in over a decade, not advancing beyond a virtual stalemate against an enemy with no air force, no navy and a "rag tag", at best, army in Afghanistan (or Vietnam). You must understand that the U.S. militray are not robots and will not likely carry out "unlawful" orders, as they too have friends, relatives and interests beyond the mindless following of insane orders during a brief enlistment.

she must also understand that fighting army regulars in a head to head battle is not the plan. rather, its far more likely that small groups of well trained resistance operatives would target the politicians who caused the problems in the first place

There's no right to life, no right to a gun, but in America we allow such things so you can try to live that way, that is until one negates the other.

There is a right to life and a right to own a gun. It doesn't matter if you're in America or on Mars. It comes with being a human being. Human beings have sacred rights.

Nihilists will, naturally, find this concept elusive.

people like him will never say when the constitution is violated or when there is too much control because they really don't believe we have any rights whatsoever
The conversation got a bit better later. There are some partisans on either side though that are truly scary people, they only call that constitutional which their party issues, dangerous, dangerous way to go about electing representatives and forming a constitutional philosophy.

There is a right to life and a right to own a gun. It doesn't matter if you're in America or on Mars. It comes with being a human being. Human beings have sacred rights.
Nature disagrees.

There's no right to life, no right to a gun, but in America we allow such things so you can try to live that way, that is until one negates the other.

wow, that's pretty stupid

According to the Obama thinking, it still is.

yeah the clown had to appease people like Brady and Feintard after their wet dreams for an AW bill got shot down.

It just proves how dishonest a POS Obama is

It's a free country, mostly.

do you have something that actually pertains to the topic? We get the fact that you don't think people have a constitutional right to own a firearm

do you have something that actually pertains to the topic? We get the fact that you don't think people have a constitutional right to own a firearm
Oh they have that alright. They just don't have any right to life or a gun. They have what we give them, nothing more. And nature doesn't acknowledge either.

Oh they have that alright. They just don't have any right to life or a gun. They have what we give them, nothing more. And nature doesn't acknowledge either.

that's a rather fundamentally flawed understanding of the constitution.

Wrong. Human rights are a fundamental part of nature.
No, they aren't. There are no rights in nature, just life, and death, and the strange state in between. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, or in the wrong condition, nature not only won't lift a finger, she doesn't even know you are there nor does she care, not in the slightest.

that's a rather fundamentally flawed understanding of the constitution.

It's a piece of paper that gave you a right you call the 2nd Amendment. Without that, no right.

Tell us, how long was the Constitution in force before the Bill of Rights was? Was it 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, even more?

No, they aren't. There are no rights in nature, just life, and death, and the strange state in between. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, or in the wrong condition, nature not only won't lift a finger, she doesn't even know you are there nor does she care, not in the slightest.

You are wrong, human rights are a fundamental part of nature, that are knowable through natural, God-given reason.

It's a piece of paper that gave you a right you call the 2nd Amendment. Without that, no right.

Tell us, how long was the Constitution in force before the Bill of Rights was? Was it 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, even more?

a right is a just claim. an enforceable right means people willing do to violence in your stead support the right

we have rights

so why don't you actually address the topic of this thread rather than peeing on established reality in order to spread the misery

You are wrong, human rights are a fundamental part of nature, that are knowable through natural, God-given reason.
Ah, you mean that humans believe that they find such things then? Tell me, when a fetus is spontaneous aborted and dies, with whom do I speak with about their Right to Life? Do I put Nature under arrest for murder? Where do I go to get this right enforced?

a right is a just claim. an enforceable right means people willing do to violence in your stead support the right

we have rights

so why don't you actually address the topic of this thread rather than peeing on established reality in order to spread the misery
It seems as though the topic of this thread, which was ignorable in the first place, got lost long before I showed up, but you do hit on an important point - rights are what you can get enforced. Ideas on paper, and nothing more otherwise. You do have rights currently, for as long as the government stands and you can manage to get them enforced.

And, tell us, how long was the Constitution in force before the Bill of Rights was? Was it 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, even longer?

I'm Pro-gun. But I'm for gun control. Go figure.

I don't think people should be able to buy military grade weapons (guns, rocket launchers, etc., etc.). But I don't know what restrictions need to be "added." The idea that we need guns to protect ourselves from government is ridiculous.

We will never be able to do that. If the government decides to go rogue? We're screwed. No amount of small arms are going to make any difference. They will starve us. Cut off our water supply. Kill whoever they have to kill to get those few rogues out there to go into hiding; and the game will be over.

Those who are looking to fend off the general populace in case of nuclear attack, as an example, will be able to...for a very VERY short time. In that case, you're going to have to find a way to go along to get along. And that's just the truth.

But that's just me. ;)

Assassinations are not unheard of. We had one not too long ago, and we had an attempt even more recently that resulted in the galvanization of 2 people into an anti-gun frenzy. One of those people was shot in the incident.

Heck as of what...2 years ago now?...a man open fired on the White House with an Ak47. The idea would not be to stand and resist a military. That is obviously impossible. The idea would be to let them walk on by and shoot at the police.

Ah, you mean that humans believe that they find such things then? Tell me, when a fetus is spontaneous aborted and dies, with whom do I speak with about their Right to Life? Do I put Nature under arrest for murder? Where do I go to get this right enforced?

I told you that this concept was going to prove elusive for you:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom