• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Micah Johnson (the Dallas cop killer) racist?

Was Micah Johnson (the Dallas cop killer) racist?

• Total voters
Only if you followed through with that threat and killed black people indiscriminately. But if your only target of opportunity were black cops among a field of black people in civilian attire but you only killed black cops and didn't shot to kill every black person you saw, then I'd say you had a motive behind your killings and race wasn't necessarily your motivating factor.

Nonsense, one does not have to kill people to be a racist, and for your information he Himself said he hated White People and White Cops, if you want to deny that then that is you issue, I'll take the word of the shooter.

With the minority (8%) am I .
This , semi-insane man(at least) was a hater , IMO .
Far too many cops are racists , many do not even know it ...and this is an impossible condition to root out ..we will have to live with this until all the racists die off AND the black is fully integrated ..
So I assume when you say that you also include black officers, or are you one of those idiots that thinks only white people can be racists?

So then don't call him a racist. I will call him a racist. Once the black police negotiator said he specifically said he was targeting white officers, he himself made it a racist issue. Just like Dylann Roof did when he targeted black churchgoers.
I think some people believe only Whites can be racists. Yes, it makes no sense but neither do some people.

Last edited:
He specifically said he wanted to target white cops. Thats racist. Anyone that threatens or specifically targets 'the cops' is a bigot.

I have seen many people express this opinion, black and white.

Well that is to be expected, after all, there are a lot of idiots out there.

Isn't targeting someone for murder due in large part to their race petty clearly racist? Yet, of all the things I've seen written or said about him, I haven't seen him described as a racist. What's your opinion?

I have no idea if he was racist, but then again, I don't feel a need to "OMG, that guy is racist" every other ****ing second. I will let you handle that kind of thing.

I understand metaphors just fine. Eye for an eye is not a metaphor in this case.

Erm, unless someone was actually removing eyes...

Erm, unless someone was actually removing eyes...

It does not work in this case. The metaphor refers to taking vengeance against the actual person(s) who wronged someone. Are people seriously that incredibly ignorant?

True, but you're dismissing the context as to why he killed white cops only and not other white people on the streets that night. Had he targeted every white person within his sights, I'd agree with you. But he didn't. He purposely singled out white cops and no one else and he did so because he was angry at white police conduct towards blacks.

In short, Micah Johnson took the "eye for an eye" approach to "pay back is a bitch".

Technically, an eye for an eye would be him killing the cops involved in the recent news stories, not just any cop.

of course he was, he killed people purely based on the color of their skin, that is about as racist as can be.

He was an evil person and sadly he will not be held accountable for his crimes in a court of law.

Isn't targeting someone for murder due in large part to their race petty clearly racist? Yet, of all the things I've seen written or said about him, I haven't seen him described as a racist. What's your opinion?

Depends on what you think "racist" means.

If we go by :

Racism : prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

We don't know whether he thought his own race was superior or not, so we don't know. He may have targeted white cops in a clearly misguided attempt to retaliate.

If we go by the definition i like, where racism is the belief that race is an essential characteristic, obviously he thought it was because he was using race to determine whether one should live or die, so yes.

I understand metaphors just fine. Eye for an eye is not a metaphor in this case.

It does not work in this case. The metaphor refers to taking vengeance against the actual person(s) who wronged someone. Are people seriously that incredibly ignorant?

Technically, an eye for an eye would be him killing the cops involved in the recent news stories, not just any cop.

Would either of you prefer "vigilantly killings" then since Micah Johnson killed in retaliation for the death of black people at the hands of white police officers? That's all I meant by "eye for an eye" and "payback is a bitch". Of course, if you believe "vengeance is my regardless of what the Lord says" would be more appropriate since that is what he did, so be it...:shrug:.

Regardless, I don't condone what Micah Johnson did in any way, shape or form. He was wrong for what he did no matter the reason. He shouldn't have taken the law into his own hands.

He also said he hated Whites, that is ALL Whites. Yes, he is a Racist.

He only shot at white cops though, not civilians. I'm not sure what he was.

Obviously the gun was the racist in this situation

he selected his targets based on skin color
based on skin color
i defy you to identify a more obvious basis of racism

uhm while I agree he was racist based on his own statements(if they were accurate and true)
what you just described is factually NOT racist by any definition whatsoever. So your challenge is accepted skin color =/= race and you factually lose.

Back
Top Bottom