• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace To CNN Plus

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don’t watch much of CNN’s free content. How do they think there is a market for paid content? FOX NATION is paid content, can an MSNBC offering be far behind? I have posted earlier that I do not understand the business models that charge for specific content and want the consumer to think that this is a better option than the all inclusive packages…….
I guess there is a market for it or they wouldn’t do it?

I don’t watch much of CNN’s free content. How do they think there is a market for paid content? FOX NATION is paid content, can an MSNBC offering be far behind? I have posted earlier that I do not understand the business models that charge for specific content and want the consumer to think that this is a better option than the all inclusive packages…….
I think your instincts are correct. CNN's ratings are terrible when it's free. I don't know what possessed them to think they could have a viable paid service.

I think your instincts are correct. CNN's ratings are terrible when it's free. I don't know what possessed them to think they could have a viable paid service.
I think we are headed for all entertainment/news to be paid by the consumer in small bites. Cut the cable and get nickelled and dimed and before long the bill will be larger than the cable package.

NFL is on their way to carving out their audience, imo.

I think we are headed for all entertainment/news to be paid by the consumer in small bites. Cut the cable and get nickelled and dimed and before long the bill will be larger than the cable package.

NFL is on their way to carving out their audience, imo.
Yeah...everyone wants in on the action, which we all know will just bring back a boom in the pirating industries. It wasn't worth pirating when there was basically Netflix and Amazon but each company thinks they can get in on the $$ but they are going to find that their piece of the pie is going to get smaller and smaller.

I'll just catch news clips on YouTube like I've been doing for years. I don't have cable or TV at all, and haven't for a bit.

I dont think so for a couple of reasons

CNN doesn't have enough fanatics like FOX does so I dont see it working out as much
there's more options center, center left, left and extreme left than there is extreme right so there's that aspect of it too

im probably not the person to ask though because i would never pay for any of that shit LOL

Just shows that Wallace has barely enough credibility left to make it on a little watched news channel.

That’s what Fox does to journalists. Remember Megyn Kelly?

I'm still trying to figure out who should take his slot at faux. Maybe they should have a reality show called "Who Wants To Be The Faux Credibility Mascot?" They could have open auditions and play the highlights and lowlights as a weekly series. The winner gets the time slot. The loser gets the 2028 Republican presidential nomination.

Doesn't make sense, their viewership is down about 60+ percent over the past year. I guess they figure Wallace will attract some crossover. Not likely. I'm not a Wallace fan, not a hater, but I don't do pay for view news shows on either side.

Americans neck deep in MAGA will never understand that CNN is a global institution, and FOX, Newsmax, OANN combined are boiler room operations in comparison.

I can go into any hotel in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America that doesnt offer free breakfast, or one that does, turn on the TV, and sure enough, CNN will be there. I can travel to a country where I have no hope of speaking the local language, but I know there is probably a CNN bureau within 1000 miles of that place covering it in one of the local languages.

If you know these things, and you travel, and your experience with media goes beyond sitting on your ass watching TV, you know this. If your experience with the world isn't just coming to DP to make shit up, you can understand just where/how/when CNN+ would exist or find a large enough audience to fund a streaming venture.

But if you don't, you wont.

- 370 million homes and hotels have access to CNN
- 2 dozen CNN networks, 24 hours, around the world
- 100s of worldwide affiliates
- hundreds of millions of unique visitors every single month on their site
- 3 dozen editorial boards

Internet people: But their Nielsen ratings!

😂

I'm betting my friends that CNN is putting Wallace there only temporarily, just to let things settle. Then they'll move him to the regular CNN line-up in some capacity. I think Wallace is too big a name to be in the background. They might even eventually put him in Cuomo's old spot.

WWE ratings are in the toilet, yet their network has millions of subscribers... if they can do it anyone can.

Wallace wasn't that old and must have had contract renewal option?
Maybe he grew a conscience and decided to liberate his inner Democratic self and go to CNN?

"Already gone" is all I care about

Americans neck deep in MAGA will never understand that CNN is a global institution, and FOX, Newsmax, OANN combined are boiler room operations in comparison.

I can go into any hotel in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America that doesnt offer free breakfast, or one that does, turn on the TV, and sure enough, CNN will be there. I can travel to a country where I have no hope of speaking the local language, but I know there is probably a CNN bureau within 1000 miles of that place covering it in one of the local languages.

If you know these things, and you travel, and your experience with media goes beyond sitting on your ass watching TV, you know this. If your experience with the world isn't just coming to DP to make shit up, you can understand just where/how/when CNN+ would exist or find a large enough audience to fund a streaming venture.

But if you don't, you wont.
Own stock in CNN?
CNN has sunk so low. Their rating are in the toilet. They push propaganda in the United States. Sorry there is not free food in Europe or where ever. 🍔

Own stock in CNN?

Fact 1: CNN itself is not a publicly traded company.

Look, I get it. You're out defending boiler room operations like gateway pundit, conservativetreehouse, worldnetdaily, news for cucks, whatever.

None of the points you will raise change anything I've said. A streaming service is possible for CNN cause their ratings in one country, even if that country is the US, are literally a fraction of their entire operation on a global scale.

They have Wallace money, they have make Nick Sandman go away money. I'm charging you for the next lesson, "common sense" guy.

Last edited:
Wallace wasn't that old and must have had contract renewal option?
Maybe he grew a conscience and decided to liberate his inner Democratic self and go to CNN?

"Already gone" is all I care about

One of the news reports I heard said his Fox contract was up this month (December) and he declined to renew it. He left on good terms, and Fox spoke of him in a very good way.

One of the news reports I heard said his Fox contract was up this month (December) and he declined to renew it. He left on good terms, and Fox spoke of him in a very good way.

Wallace's salary at FOX peaked at 7M a year. CNN was paying Cuomo that much for a show with a third of the ratings give or take a million.

Offering Wallace more money than FOX would have been relatively easy.

He belongs over there... he was always out of place at Fox. He's a doctrinaire, Establishment leftist. He's ideological and dishonest.

CNN is a perfect fit for him.

Obviously getting almost anything violable and worth using requires payment. Your choices not good enough or not cheap enough in today's world.

- 370 million homes and hotels have access to CNN
- 2 dozen CNN networks, 24 hours, around the world
- 100s of worldwide affiliates
- hundreds of millions of unique visitors every single month on their site
- 3 dozen editorial boards

Internet people: But their Nielsen ratings!

😂
Are you confusing CNN International with the regular CNN channel?

Are you confusing CNN International with the regular CNN channel?

No, Fishking, when I say CNN has 24 bureaus, 100s of affiliates, hundreds of millions of watchers with geographically specific content, and thus talking about Nielsen ratings like they matter is stupid, I'm not getting two channels, in a worldwide ecosystem of news gathering, confused.

Last edited:
I'm betting my friends that CNN is putting Wallace there only temporarily, just to let things settle. Then they'll move him to the regular CNN line-up in some capacity. I think Wallace is too big a name to be in the background. They might even eventually put him in Cuomo's old spot.
They may be putting him on the new streaming service to attract subscribers. But you're right, he's too big to stay there exclusively. I don't remember Cuomo's show--it's been quite awhile since I watched CNN--is it an opinion show or news?

Wallace's salary at FOX peaked at 7M a year. CNN was paying Cuomo that much for a show with a third of the ratings give or take a million.

Offering Wallace more money than FOX would have been relatively easy.

Yeah, that's a good point. I know Wallace received a lot of criticism from Fox viewers, so maybe the move was a good one for both him and the network.

(Holy cow--seven million! I wonder how much they'd pay me to mop the floor? :) )

Own stock in CNN?
CNN has sunk so low. Their rating are in the toilet. They push propaganda in the United States. Sorry there is not free food in Europe or where ever. 🍔
I believe ATT owns CNN through their Warner media division, Last year at about the same time, ATT was trying to dump CNN. The last thing I heard is they couldn't find any takers. ATT has a debt problem. I just checked on their stock and was shocked to see it is trading at just a little over 22 dollars a share.

They may be putting him on the new streaming service to attract subscribers. But you're right, he's too big to stay there exclusively. I don't remember Cuomo's show--it's been quite awhile since I watched CNN--is it an opinion show or news?

Mary, it was mostly opinion. I mean, he would tell what had happened that day, and then express his own viewpoint--which, I guess, is standard for that kind of show. I'm one of those weird people who flip through the channels a lot, and as soon as I would hear what he would be talking about, I'd flip around and see what the others would be talking about, then I'd decide if I'd go back to Cuomo or not.

This is a little off-topic, but lately I've been watching Rachel Maddow because I like how she sometimes tells news stories in chronological order, which is unusual. For example, instead of saying, "Three children narrowly escaped a flaming school bus today," she'll start out with, "Joey and his little sister Tina got on the school bus today and took their seats as usual." My curiosity always gets the best of me, and I'm hooked for the next five minutes. :)

Back
Top Bottom