• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace To CNN Plus

Yeah, when I think of moderate conservatives, I think of Lou Dobbs who is facing a lawsuit of a billion for spreading election propaganda, and Kuddlow who spoke about the pandemic in the past tense during the 2020 election.

You realize I was listing those three specifically, because they all were former CNN personalities - right?

Wallace, and other moderate conservatives like him, are sorely needed at CNN. Where are the former Lou Dobb's, Kudlow's, & Carlon's? They used to add balance to CNN line-up, and that's one of the things I liked about them!
It’s because there’s almost no rational conservatives left.

I'm still trying to figure out who should take his slot at faux. Maybe they should have a reality show called "Who Wants To Be The Faux Credibility Mascot?" They could have open auditions and play the highlights and lowlights as a weekly series. The winner gets the time slot. The loser gets the 2028 Republican presidential nomination.

How about your buddy Trump taking the slot?

It’s because there’s almost no rational conservatives left.

No, they're there - I'm sure.

But unfortunately, no one wants them, and we don't much hear from them. Which sucks, because I greatly respect principled conservatism, and we need that Conservative Yin to counter the Liberal yang, thereby producing better governance & a better society.

Instead, we've got Trumpers! :rolleyes:

I haven’t seen Neil Cavuto in a while, he used to call balls and strikes back a few years….

You realize I was listing those three specifically, because they all were former CNN personalities - right?

You listed them because you think they're moderate conservatives on CNN, they were never moderates.

How about your buddy Trump taking the slot?
The slot is designed to give fans of the propaganda infomercial network something to point at when they claim that it's actually news. Tweety wouldn't fit the bill, but perhaps faux and fools can bring him in. He has certainly auditioned enough.

The slot is designed to give fans of the propaganda infomercial network something to point at when they claim that it's actually news. Tweety wouldn't fit the bill, but perhaps faux and fools can bring him in. He has certainly auditioned enough.

It's quite obvious that both Trump and Fox News are living rent free in the heads of those on the left.

It's quite obvious that both Trump and Fox News are living rent free in the heads of those on the left.
I haven't watched faux since Romney lost and they were running down the back halls looking for Ohio. At least, i hope that i haven't. I wasted enough time on that rot in the early 2000s.

I haven't watched faux since Romney lost and they were running down the back halls looking for Ohio. At least, i hope that i haven't. I wasted enough time on that rot in the early 2000s.
Yet Fox still appears very much in your head just like Trump.

You listed them because you think they're moderate conservatives on CNN, they were never moderates.

Look at my sentence structure in the first sentence in my post you replied to, and you'll see its second clause is dependent upon the first, with the first being 'Wallace'

However, I'm surely not going to defend myself further against your interpretation, besides this quick clarification above.

That being said . . .

Of the three I further listed after Wallace (Dobbs, Kudlow, Carlson), Dobbs was always over-the-top, though less venomous than now, and the other two then were much more moderate in terms of their now authoritarian Trumpism. In fact, I would argue they all, like Republicans in general, have gotten far worse & radical in the intervening years.

Now, do we need guys on CNN like these three, 'when they were less radical'? I'd like to say 'yes'. Dobbs was xenophobic, perhaps to bordering on racist, but he brought a POV that was supported by much of the country. Kudlow presented a very good conservative economic take to Cramer's more liberal take, and Carlson brought a solid conservative POV, even if a bit near radical Right, to balance-out 'Crossfire'.

As long as these three men were acting with dignity & respect towards the panels & the viewer audience, I believe they were assets to the organization and especially to the viewership. We need news & POV, and that POV comes from a broad swatch of society. For us to not be presented their POV, is to not be fully informed. Yes Hatuey, we need to know what others like us are thinking; that's part of being 'informed'.

Now, would I want these three guys on CNN is their current guise? As guests, 'yes'. I want to be informed as to what others are thinking. Would I want them as hosts? If they conduct themselves with dignity & respect, yeah - I probably would. Lou Dobbs was one of my 'always catch' CNN shows, back in the day. We need to know what he & his crowd are thinking. If you doubt this last, remember they put a guy like them, worse than them, in the White House! We need to be well informed of movements that big, effecting us so thoroughly, so encompassing.

Given that you chose a username linked to Biden, I'll take that as a projection.

I haven’t seen Neil Cavuto in a while, he used to call balls and strikes back a few years….

He still has his regular weekday slot on Fox News, you know.

He still has his regular weekday slot on Fox News, you know.
I used to make a point of watching Shepard Smith and then Cavuto, 1500-1600hrs EST, IIRC. I now look in at Nicole (did you know that I worked in the White House?,) Wallace, but she is wearing on me….

???

You chose the username you did, and then make a statement like this?

That's ironic to the point of almost seeming facetious, don't you think?

--

(BTW - I've always seen those 'living in your head' claims as nonsense, spouted-out when there's no substantive argument to made)

Last edited:
I used to make a point of watching Shepard Smith and then Cavuto, 1500-1600hrs EST, IIRC. I now look in at Nicole (did you know that I worked in the White House?,) Wallace, but she is wearing on me….

Amazing!

You literally recounted my late afternoon viewing schedule, when I was watching TV those times!

I still like Nicole, though.

BTW, you might want to catch Micheal Smirconish filling-in Cuomo's old CNN time-slot. I like him. A lot. He brings a more factual & balanced narrative. By 'factual', I mean less emotive and lacking in Cuomo's hyperbole. As much as I could relate to Cuomo as a person, I think I like Smirconish as a news personality better. He seems more attune with Indies & Moderates, and he has a segment where he responds live to Tweets he receives during his show. I hope they keep him, including in that slot!

I only caught him (Smirconish) twice, but so far I like what I see. Then again, I've always like what I've seen in him.

Last edited:
Amazing!

You literally recounted my late afternoon viewing schedule, when I was watching TV those times!

I still like Nicole, though.

BTW, you might want to catch Micheal Smirconish filling-in Cuomo's old CNN time-slot. I like him. A lot. He brings a more factual & balanced narrative. By 'factual', I mean less emotive and lacking in Cuomo's hyperbole. As much as I could relate to Cuomo, I think I like Smirconish as a news personality better. He seems more attune with Indies & Moderates, and he has a segment where he responds live to Tweets he receives during his show. I hope they keep him, including in that slot!

I only caught him twice, but so far I like what I see. Then again, I've always like what I see in him.
Megyn Kelly sort of went off the radar after she left FOX. We tried to catch Shep on CNBC, but with the slot and the disruption, it just didn’t gin…?

I don’t watch much of CNN’s free content. How do they think there is a market for paid content? FOX NATION is paid content, can an MSNBC offering be far behind? I have posted earlier that I do not understand the business models that charge for specific content and want the consumer to think that this is a better option than the all inclusive packages…….
I guess there is a market for it or they wouldn’t do it?

I wouldn't pay for any of it. It's all mostly partisan propaganda and sensationalism.
Even the stuff for free, is mostly over the top with bias.

No thanks. Like you, I'll pass.

Megyn Kelly sort of went off the radar after she left FOX. We tried to catch Shep on CNBC, but with the slot and the disruption, it just didn’t gin…?

Agree to both, though I occasionally catch Shep on CNBC. I think he's a good fit, there.

I also very much like Bret Baier's Special report! That's one I try to catch. He has very well-balanced & civil panels. And Bret usually manages to steer clear of the Fox ethos. Not perfectly, and he is still weighted to 'Fox-type' guests, but he does as good a job as can be expected while on that network. I think his discussion panels might be among the best currently on the air; they're always civil, and have balance from both sides of the political spectrum. I think his panel segments may be among the best cable political segments of any kind on cable. I look forward to them that much.

Now - the Fox Conservative I really miss - is Krauthammer! Always civil, erudite, knowledgeable, and direct without being offensive. One of those guy you like & respect, even when you disagree with him. He used to be a sixties (Liberal) radical, and over the years transitioned to being an avowed Conservative. It's a shame we lost him so early, as he never finished the book that was to chronical his journey from Liberal to Conservative. I bet it would have been a helluva; read!

I don’t watch much of CNN’s free content. How do they think there is a market for paid content? FOX NATION is paid content, can an MSNBC offering be far behind? I have posted earlier that I do not understand the business models that charge for specific content and want the consumer to think that this is a better option than the all inclusive packages…….
I guess there is a market for it or they wouldn’t do it?

I wouldn't pay for any of it. It's all mostly partisan propaganda and sensationalism.
Even the stuff for free, is mostly over the top with bias.

No thanks. Like you, I'll pass.

But Fox & CNN content is not 'free'! It requires a cable prescription, which many feel is expensive & superfluous, so they do without. They use apps and individual subscription services like Prime & Netflix.

The pay content you describe that is add-on for cable subscribers, can also be purchased by itself by anyone with a cell phone, iPad, or computer, and for only a few bucks a month. Many today don't have cable, and use apps instead, sometimes even streaming from a phone or computer to a flat-screen TV when at home.

I'm wondering if users like the above are helping to drive the paid subscription market, in the same manner we use Prime, Netflix, et al.?

(Edit: Full disclosure: I'm very, very, close, to 'cutting the cord' myself, if not for so much resistance from the women that shares my name who clings to her cable box - as if life itself!! Wireless, or not!)

Last edited:
Fact 1: CNN itself is not a publicly traded company.

Look, I get it. You're out defending boiler room operations like gateway pundit, conservativetreehouse, worldnetdaily, news for cucks, whatever.

None of the points you will raise change anything I've said. A streaming service is possible for CNN cause their ratings in one country, even if that country is the US, are literally a fraction of their entire operation on a global scale.

They have Wallace money, they have make Nick Sandman go away money. I'm charging you for the next lesson, "common sense" guy.
1642130886293.png

Look at my sentence structure in the first sentence in my post you replied to, and you'll see its second clause is dependent upon the first, with the first being 'Wallace'

However, I'm surely not going to defend myself further against your interpretation, besides this quick clarification above.

That being said . . .

Of the three I further listed after Wallace (Dobbs, Kudlow, Carlson), Dobbs was always over-the-top, though less venomous than now, and the other two then were much more moderate in terms of their now authoritarian Trumpism. In fact, I would argue they all, like Republicans in general, have gotten far worse & radical in the intervening years.

Now, do we need guys on CNN like these three, 'when they were less radical'? I'd like to say 'yes'. Dobbs was xenophobic, perhaps to bordering on racist, but he brought a POV that was supported by much of the country. Kudlow presented a very good conservative economic take to Cramer's more liberal take, and Carlson brought a solid conservative POV, even if a bit near radical Right, to balance-out 'Crossfire'.

As long as these three men were acting with dignity & respect towards the panels & the viewer audience, I believe they were assets to the organization and especially to the viewership. We need news & POV, and that POV comes from a broad swatch of society. For us to not be presented their POV, is to not be fully informed. Yes Hatuey, we need to know what others like us are thinking; that's part of being 'informed'.

Now, would I want these three guys on CNN is their current guise? As guests, 'yes'. I want to be informed as to what others are thinking. Would I want them as hosts? If they conduct themselves with dignity & respect, yeah - I probably would. Lou Dobbs was one of my 'always catch' CNN shows, back in the day. We need to know what he & his crowd are thinking. If you doubt this last, remember they put a guy like them, worse than them, in the White House! We need to be well informed of movements that big, effecting us so thoroughly, so encompassing.

You wrote all that just to say you want to hear the racists out. Okay. Sure.

About what specifically? How to alleviate replacement fears during a pandemic? Jewish involvement in running the media? Or is it money tips? The inner workings of the conservative world? Did you know you could get those from non-racist right wing personalities too?

I don't find it odd you're up front on the kumbaya line.

😀

Own stock in CNN?
CNN has sunk so low. Their rating are in the toilet. They push propaganda in the United States. Sorry there is not free food in Europe or where ever. 🍔
The poster has a point, CNN has other markets outside the US. Most EU satellite packages include CNN. I live in the Middle East, every hotel room carries CNN, that is a huge footprint.

You do know there is life and ratings outside the US?

Back
Top Bottom