• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wallace To CNN Plus

Why anyone would voluntarily pay to see American media for anything (apart from bias confirmation stroking) is beyond me.

Beer is a better use of that money.

I'm still trying to figure out who should take his slot at faux. Maybe they should have a reality show called "Who Wants To Be The Faux Credibility Mascot?" They could have open auditions and play the highlights and lowlights as a weekly series. The winner gets the time slot. The loser gets the 2028 Republican presidential nomination.
Yea, I guess the cable news ratings are FAUX as well. Just a bunch of dumb sheep watch Fox News. By the DROVES. Chris Wallace was never much so he should be the star at CNN since those other credible "journalists" have bombed for so long. Apparently when you hitch your wagon to Joe Biden it's a slippery slope. But don't listen to me. I'm just a dumb sheep that watches Fox and that appreciates their candor. Of course you can always point to Don Lemon in retort.

Americans neck deep in MAGA will never understand that CNN is a global institution, and FOX, Newsmax, OANN combined are boiler room operations in comparison.

I can go into any hotel in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America that doesnt offer free breakfast, or one that does, turn on the TV, and sure enough, CNN will be there. I can travel to a country where I have no hope of speaking the local language, but I know there is probably a CNN bureau within 1000 miles of that place covering it in one of the local languages.

If you know these things, and you travel, and your experience with media goes beyond sitting on your ass watching TV, you know this. If your experience with the world isn't just coming to DP to his
Americans neck deep in MAGA will never understand that CNN is a global institution, and FOX, Newsmax, OANN combined are boiler room operations in comparison.

I can go into any hotel in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America that doesnt offer free breakfast, or one that does, turn on the TV, and sure enough, CNN will be there. I can travel to a country where I have no hope of speaking the local language, but I know there is probably a CNN bureau within 1000 miles of that place covering it in one of the local languages.

If you know these things, and you travel, and your experience with media goes beyond sitting on your ass watching TV, you know this. If your experience with the world isn't just coming to DP to make shit up, you can understand just where/how/when CNN+ would exist or find a large enough audience to fund a streaming venture.

But if you don't, you wont.
When CNN stays out of politics they're credible. In the US they have Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, (oh no more Chris Cuomo), and rest to muck things up a bit. They give CNN a bad rap.

If you know these things, and you travel, and your experience with media goes beyond sitting on your ass watching TV, you know this. If your experience with the world isn't just coming to DP to make shit up, you can understand just where/how/when CNN+ would exist or find a large enough audience to fund a streaming venture.

But if you don't, you wont.
Most Americans don't care about CNN. Check the ratings.

When CNN stays out of politics they're credible. In the US they have Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, (oh no more Chris Cuomo), and rest to muck things up a bit. They give CNN a bad rap.

Most Americans don't care about CNN. Check the ratings.

This is what I mean folks. CNN is in 70 million homes in the US, they are worth billions in advertisement contracts alone but some sock MAGA account that made a beeline towards me thinks they are irrelevant in the US, and that if they stay out of politics they are credible.

Sure, whatever.

😆

Yea, I guess the cable news ratings are FAUX as well. Just a bunch of dumb sheep watch Fox News. By the DROVES. Chris Wallace was never much so he should be the star at CNN since those other credible "journalists" have bombed for so long. Apparently when you hitch your wagon to Joe Biden it's a slippery slope. But don't listen to me. I'm just a dumb sheep that watches Fox and that appreciates their candor. Of course you can always point to Don Lemon in retort.
But did you like my reality show idea?

Irr
This is what I mean folks. CNN is in 70 million homes in the US, they are worth billions in advertisement contracts alone but some sock MAGA account that made a beeline towards me thinks they are irrelevant in the US, and that if they stay out of politics they are credible.

Sure, whatever.

😆
Irrelevant is your word. I said credible. Look at the talking heads at CNN that are in "70 million homes". You sound like one of them. I said most Americans don't care about CNN. To quote your sig line, Americans have no passion for CNN. That is unless you're gay.

- 370 million homes and hotels have access to CNN
- 2 dozen CNN networks, 24 hours, around the world
- 100s of worldwide affiliates
- hundreds of millions of unique visitors every single month on their site
- 3 dozen editorial boards

Internet people: But their Nielsen ratings!

😂

The entire Fox narrative on ratings is happy horseshit. RW nutjobs have nowhere else to go. CNN splits its audience with numerous networks.

I don’t watch much of CNN’s free content. How do they think there is a market for paid content? FOX NATION is paid content, can an MSNBC offering be far behind? I have posted earlier that I do not understand the business models that charge for specific content and want the consumer to think that this is a better option than the all inclusive packages…….
I guess there is a market for it or they wouldn’t do it?
The new trend with news outlets is to charge, beyond cable/streaming prices, for a premium service. Just as many online news sites are creating paywalls for full content. What's hilarious is that the news is more prolific and full of shit than ever before and the greedy corporations want to increase their prices for it, hah!

You have a lot of common sense, good reasoning skills, and intelligence
Color me very impressed

Wow, SMTA! Thanks--and right back at cha! :)

Irr

Irrelevant is your word. I said credible. Look at the talking heads at CNN that are in "70 million homes". You sound like one of them. I said most Americans don't care about CNN. To quote your sig line, Americans have no passion for CNN. That is unless you're gay.

Lmao, oh yeah, there is a tangible difference between being irrelevant and having people not care about you.

Your post is stupid and you should feel bad about your moronically veiled homophobia.

😁

Lmao, oh yeah, there is a tangible difference between being irrelevant and having people not care about you.

Your post is stupid and you should feel bad about your moronically veiled homophobia.

😁
I can't say what I think of you, and your comments because every time I speak out I get reprimanded by the folks in charge. What I will say, however, is that I'm not homophobic in the sense that I act out prejudicially towards anyone, nor do I dislike people because of their "choices" in life. I do not, however, hesitate to say that homosexuality is a bad "choice" to make.

You called me stupid, and a moron. I await moderation in this respect. We'll see if reprimands are only for the "conservatives" on this liberal board. Keep me informed if you don't mind.

In light of current events, Wallace’s exit may have been timely……..out before the shitstorm…….

I don’t watch much of CNN’s free content. How do they think there is a market for paid content? FOX NATION is paid content, can an MSNBC offering be far behind? I have posted earlier that I do not understand the business models that charge for specific content and want the consumer to think that this is a better option than the all inclusive packages…….
I guess there is a market for it or they wouldn’t do it?
My view: CNN is doing propaganda for the dem Establishment like fox is doing for repubs...

They all suck...

I think your instincts are correct. CNN's ratings are terrible when it's free. I don't know what possessed them to think they could have a viable paid service.
And how horrifying must it have been to be still working at Fox News if Wallace decided to make this move? Going from a big name at the most popular 24 hour news channel to a streaming service? In particular, a streaming service that doesn't actually exist yet. There's no way that's a forward career move. Unless CNN+ turns out to be a huge hit. (LMAO)

I'm still trying to figure out who should take his slot at faux. Maybe they should have a reality show called "Who Wants To Be The Faux Credibility Mascot?" They could have open auditions and play the highlights and lowlights as a weekly series. The winner gets the time slot. The loser gets the 2028 Republican presidential nomination.
I kind of like Stephen Colbert's suggestion for Mike's spot. The Flaming Fox Christmas Tree
Fox Flaming Xmas Tree host.jpg

Why?

He's 74 years old and approaching the end of his public life.

His questions have always been fair regardless of his own political lean.

I don't see it hurting himself at all, while I do see him attracting more moderate viewers to CNN.

Wallace, and other moderate conservatives like him, are sorely needed at CNN. Where are the former Lou Dobb's, Kudlow's, & Carlon's? They used to add balance to CNN line-up, and that's one of the things I liked about them!

I hate partisan interviews by any network.

Maybe that is why I enjoyed (Greta - Shep - Tim Russert - Mike Wallace) so much.

I really miss seeing that smirky grin come across Russert's face every time some hack was spewing lies. I still miss him today.

He was great. Too bad the kid fizzled out . . .

Wallace, and other moderate conservatives like him, are sorely needed at CNN. Where are the former Lou Dobb's, Kudlow's, & Carlon's? They used to add balance to CNN line-up, and that's one of the things I liked about them!

Yeah, when I think of moderate conservatives, I think of Lou Dobbs who is facing a lawsuit of a billion for spreading election propaganda, and Kuddlow who spoke about the pandemic in the past tense during the 2020 election.

Back
Top Bottom