• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W: #99) Dry cough, aches and slight fever - - uh ohhh

Woke up this morning with a familiar dry cough, massive body aches and it seems I'm running a 99.3 fever.
Lungs are on fire.
This is more than a bit disturbing.

Have you been tested for COVID-19? If not, it may be a good idea.

I would head over to the urgent care.

Made an appointment to get tested just now. Not going to second guess this.
Not sure it's a breakthrough case, but it's familiar enough I won't take chances.

Have you been tested for COVID-19? If not, it may be a good idea.
Tested April 2020, fully vaccinated. Getting another test immediately.
I am fortunate to have a very good doctor at an excellent clinic.

Woke up this morning with a familiar dry cough, massive body aches and it seems I'm running a 99.3 fever.
Lungs are on fire.
This is more than a bit disturbing.

Good luck to you.... If it is covid, I hope it runs it's course quickly.

This is a sample of why some folks are not sure about getting the vaccine. Breakthrough cases after originally being told the vaccine would protect you from the virus have eroded the believability in the spokespeople and the vaccine itself.
Honesty is always the best policy and messaging is critical. That's where the ball got dropped. Really need new messenger and better message.

This is a sample of why some folks are not sure about getting the vaccine. Breakthrough cases after originally being told the vaccine would protect you from the virus have eroded the believability in the spokespeople and the vaccine itself.
Honesty is always the best policy and messaging is critical. That's where the ball got dropped. Really need new messenger and better message.

Excuse me but don't you dare try to use my illness to defend your miserable anti-vaxx bullshit.

Again, you come here with your misrepresentation of the facts. The vaccine can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. The vaccine DOES help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19. How is it that you always fail to mention these benefits? You are purposefully spreading misinformation. It's sickening.

Depending on when you got fully vaccinated, it could be a reaction, as I was laid up in bed for two days feeling like shit, but have been fine and full of energy since.

Or you could have caught Covid (vaccinated are not immune) but if so your chances of needing ICU or dying are slim as 99% of Covid deaths are now the unvaccinated.

Could be totally unrelated to Covid, and hopefully not some NEW variant that the vaccines are ineffective against. IT IS COMING! You might be one of the early sufferers of some new strain.

OR - you drank too much.

Trumpism: evil is usually the point, but sometimes it's just the ugliness.

(Of all the threads to politicize. Such ugly behavior)

I just got bumped up, leaving now.
I'll know pretty shortly what it is.

I just got bumped up, leaving now.
I'll know pretty shortly what it is.

I tested negative for covid twice and was treated both times. The doctor said the tests were always coming back as false negatives.

My 2nd illness was after the shots and made me feel utterly exhausted. My 2nd case wasn't near as bad as the first either, fingers crossed.

I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope that you are ok.

Just got back, I'll know in a couple of hours.
The cough is now muddier. Fever was still 99 so I am not going to rely on gut instinct.
Maybe I am just paranoid?

Just got back, I'll know in a couple of hours.
The cough is now muddier. Fever was still 99 so I am not going to rely on gut instinct.
Maybe I am just paranoid?
Better to know than not know.

Either way, if you go to a clinic / doctor, having the results will assist them in setting up the proper treatment.

Back
Top Bottom