• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:77] Defiance to Covid restrictions in California (personal anecdote)

To the the contrary, I think people are very angry. Peope are watching not only their recreational activities being stoen from them but also their financial security. They are seeing the lie being perpetrated against them. All in the name of another progressive tantrum because they think they can hang all the blame on Trump. They are blind to the quiet storm that is building.
While they are making noise and exposing themselves for how truly unreasonable they are. A silent coalition is building against them. The false sense of confidence that the progressive propaganda is instilling in them. Rather than tempering expectations as they should, this will exagerate how badly election night is going to sting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sheesh, what garbage. it's not all about TRUMP!!!! or the liberals wanting everyone broke. It just might be that you have different opinions on how best to keep the public safe. That's fine, and disagreement is fine, good, government should be challenged, but this bull**** that it's the liberals shutting down to get Trump is just ****ing stupid.

The bottom line is when GOP governors and TRUMP were shutting states down, that was presumably prudent, because almost all states did so. Now when some red states in more lightly hit areas are opening up earlier, and many blue states aren't, it's a COUP TO GET TRUMP!!! Perhaps, maybe, it's a difference of opinion about how to protect the public and have fewer people DIE, just because things were rushed a week or two.

Might want to take that possibility into account.

Besides, I live in an 'open' area, and guess what? It's not back to normal. I guess my GOP Gov. Lee must hate TRUMP!!! because we still don't have movie theaters open, and restaurants are running at half capacity, and even those, from what I've seen in pickup runs, aren't full to half capacity, and the mall and most stores look like a Sunday morning before church lets out, with mostly deserted parking lots. My vet won't even let me accompany my dog into the building!!! TDS!!!! Why does Gov. Lee hate TRUMP???!!! I don't know, can't figure it out, since TRUMP!!! (and it's all about TRUMP!!!!) will carry the state by 30 points or more.

And people don't believe/understand why China has far lower infection and deaths than the US

Because the Democrat governors you hold as heroes are the reason the death toll is so high because they put sick people in nursing homes, and that mentally ill cross dresser in Pennsylvania remover xi/zer/xis elderly mother from a nursing home before doing it.

And now people are dying because of all the thugs they’re letting out of prison.

Fricking liberals in Washington tried to release the f***ing Green River Killer from the penitentiary.
This virus doesn’t give a **** about party affiliation, you self-serving douche.

Because the Democrat governors you hold as heroes are the reason the death toll is so high because they put sick people in nursing homes, and that mentally ill cross dresser in Pennsylvania remover xi/zer/xis elderly mother from a nursing home before doing it.

And now people are dying because of all the thugs they’re letting out of prison.

Fricking liberals in Washington tried to release the f***ing Green River Killer from the penitentiary.

Still not able to go to mass?

and yet the pro-choice folks are the ones championing life of living, breathing humans during a global Pandemic.

Republicans were never pro life. it's a bumper sticker to win elections in one country.

Yes, champions of living breathing people breathing on other living people. Typical pro choice people; fight for the right to kill other people. I'm not sure it's a Democrat or Republican thing, but maybe it is. Anyone with a proc choice sticker on their bumper is advertising their view that it's ok to kill others for their own convenience and comfort. They were that way before the pandemic and they haven't changed since.

So I’m in CA right now visiting Mi Amor and this is what I witnessed

1) a hair salon that caters largely to black women is open near my hotel (I won’t give details so as to protect them from the Carens) and doing business

2) indoor mask requirement not being enforced in Inglewood. I’ve been to three different businesses, never once asked about mask and I wasn’t wearing one

3) California state beaches in Ventura county had the parking closed, I didn’t care and parked at a state beach so Amor and I could take a walk, we were seen by a county deputy who waved at us and did nothing about it.

4) we drove up to Santa Barbara, county parks on the beach were open and the benches had police tape on them, people didn’t care and were sitting at them anyway. No masks in sight.

5) the PCH was jam packed, so many cars, people eating their take away food together in the parking lots, many big groups of pedestrians etc

I think at this point it’s safe to say that on a ground level, polling by big corporate media notwithstanding, no one actually cares about the restrictions. And if no one is really caring then It’s probably time to stop pretending
Bwaahaahaahaa!
Based upon that logic, it’s OK to shoot your neighbors If everyone else is doing it.
They can knock themselves out.
****ing morons.

I’ll take restrictions for $400, Alex!

I might be amendable to more restrictions like China if we could also copy China and make Donald Trump a lifelong dictator

Bwaahaahaahaa!
Based upon that logic, it’s OK to shoot your neighbors If everyone else is doing it.
They can knock themselves out.
****ing morons.

Well it depends on what my neighbors are doing...

So have every spread the flu to anyone?

California should weld people's doors shut?

I did not say that

I was pointing out that social distancing and quarantine work if followed. People should not be surprised if infections and deaths are significantly higher if they are not.

I might be amendable to more restrictions like China if we could also copy China and make Donald Trump a lifelong dictator

Since Mao died no Chinese premier has served more than 10 years. All left long before they died

**** Trump.
He is like most dictators - big mouth and tiny brain.

Well it depends on what my neighbors are doing...

So have every spread the flu to anyone?
Sorry, but I can only respond to intelligible English.

Sheesh, what garbage. it's not all about TRUMP!!!! or the liberals wanting everyone broke. It just might be that you have different opinions on how best to keep the public safe. That's fine, and disagreement is fine, good, government should be challenged, but this bull**** that it's the liberals shutting down to get Trump is just ****ing stupid.

The bottom line is when GOP governors and TRUMP were shutting states down, that was presumably prudent, because almost all states did so. Now when some red states in more lightly hit areas are opening up earlier, and many blue states aren't, it's a COUP TO GET TRUMP!!! Perhaps, maybe, it's a difference of opinion about how to protect the public and have fewer people DIE, just because things were rushed a week or two.

Might want to take that possibility into account.

Besides, I live in an 'open' area, and guess what? It's not back to normal. I guess my GOP Gov. Lee must hate TRUMP!!! because we still don't have movie theaters open, and restaurants are running at half capacity, and even those, from what I've seen in pickup runs, aren't full to half capacity, and the mall and most stores look like a Sunday morning before church lets out, with mostly deserted parking lots. My vet won't even let me accompany my dog into the building!!! TDS!!!! Why does Gov. Lee hate TRUMP???!!! I don't know, can't figure it out, since TRUMP!!! (and it's all about TRUMP!!!!) will carry the state by 30 points or more.
Stop telling me its just rain while you're peeing down my leg.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sure.... My wife is pro-choice. We are totally indifferent to our kid's lives.... Jesus, how do you through life honestly believing such lunatic garbage?

It's easy to lie after 30 years of Limbaugh.

Well I don’t think Xi will willingly step away
Quite possible

He has 2+ years left on his second term. ( and yes China changed the policy of having term limits which I believe was a mistake so he could serve more)

Yes, champions of living breathing people breathing on other living people. Typical pro choice people; fight for the right to kill other people. I'm not sure it's a Democrat or Republican thing, but maybe it is. Anyone with a proc choice sticker on their bumper is advertising their view that it's ok to kill others for their own convenience and comfort. They were that way before the pandemic and they haven't changed since.

And Republicans, who scream that they're pro life, prove every day that they're just liars.

So I’m in CA right now visiting Mi Amor and this is what I witnessed

1) a hair salon that caters largely to black women is open near my hotel (I won’t give details so as to protect them from the Carens) and doing business

2) indoor mask requirement not being enforced in Inglewood. I’ve been to three different businesses, never once asked about mask and I wasn’t wearing one

3) California state beaches in Ventura county had the parking closed, I didn’t care and parked at a state beach so Amor and I could take a walk, we were seen by a county deputy who waved at us and did nothing about it.

4) we drove up to Santa Barbara, county parks on the beach were open and the benches had police tape on them, people didn’t care and were sitting at them anyway. No masks in sight.

5) the PCH was jam packed, so many cars, people eating their take away food together in the parking lots, many big groups of pedestrians etc

I think at this point it’s safe to say that on a ground level, polling by big corporate media notwithstanding, no one actually cares about the restrictions. And if no one is really caring then It’s probably time to stop pretending

I wonder if #1 and #2 can help explain the apparent racial disparities in how Covid affects minority populations. If they are not being as careful, then it would impact them more.

But if they keep wishing it away won't the virus just give up?

Nope. Unlike Dr. Trump says, no virus has ever really gone away. No virus has ever been eliminated. There are three virus that we have a combo-vaccine for which we have an every 2 yrs flu shot. But the nature of a virus is to constantly mutate. By the time your wish sf on it's way, the virus has changed to something else and your wish doesn't recognize it. Oh well.

Nope. Unlike Dr. Trump says, no virus has ever really gone away. No virus has ever been eliminated. There are three virus that we have a combo-vaccine for which we have an every 2 yrs flu shot. But the nature of a virus is to constantly mutate. By the time your wish sf on it's way, the virus has changed to something else and your wish doesn't recognize it. Oh well.

Small pox outside of Russian and US labs has been reportedly eliminated in the environment

Back
Top Bottom