• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:77] Defiance to Covid restrictions in California (personal anecdote)

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
So I’m in CA right now visiting Mi Amor and this is what I witnessed

1) a hair salon that caters largely to black women is open near my hotel (I won’t give details so as to protect them from the Carens) and doing business

2) indoor mask requirement not being enforced in Inglewood. I’ve been to three different businesses, never once asked about mask and I wasn’t wearing one

3) California state beaches in Ventura county had the parking closed, I didn’t care and parked at a state beach so Amor and I could take a walk, we were seen by a county deputy who waved at us and did nothing about it.

4) we drove up to Santa Barbara, county parks on the beach were open and the benches had police tape on them, people didn’t care and were sitting at them anyway. No masks in sight.

5) the PCH was jam packed, so many cars, people eating their take away food together in the parking lots, many big groups of pedestrians etc

I think at this point it’s safe to say that on a ground level, polling by big corporate media notwithstanding, no one actually cares about the restrictions. And if no one is really caring then It’s probably time to stop pretending

So I’m in CA right now visiting Mi Amor and this is what I witnessed

1) a hair salon that caters largely to black women is open near my hotel (I won’t give details so as to protect them from the Carens) and doing business

2) indoor mask requirement not being enforced in Inglewood. I’ve been to three different businesses, never once asked about mask and I wasn’t wearing one

3) California state beaches in Ventura county had the parking closed, I didn’t care and parked at a state beach so Amor and I could take a walk, we were seen by a county deputy who waved at us and did nothing about it.

4) we drove up to Santa Barbara, county parks on the beach were open and the benches had police tape on them, people didn’t care and were sitting at them anyway. No masks in sight.

5) the PCH was jam packed, so many cars, people eating their take away food together in the parking lots, many big groups of pedestrians etc

I think at this point it’s safe to say that on a ground level, polling by big corporate media notwithstanding, no one actually cares about the restrictions. And if no one is really caring then It’s probably time to stop pretending
To the the contrary, I think people are very angry. Peope are watching not only their recreational activities being stoen from them but also their financial security. They are seeing the lie being perpetrated against them. All in the name of another progressive tantrum because they think they can hang all the blame on Trump. They are blind to the quiet storm that is building.
While they are making noise and exposing themselves for how truly unreasonable they are. A silent coalition is building against them. The false sense of confidence that the progressive propaganda is instilling in them. Rather than tempering expectations as they should, this will exagerate how badly election night is going to sting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To the the contrary, I think people are very angry. Peope are watching not only their recreational activities being stoen from them but also their financial security. They are seeing the lie being perpetrated against them. All in the name of another progressive tantrum because they think they can hang all the blame on Trump. They are blind to the quiet storm that is building.
While they are making noise and exposing themselves for how truly unreasonable they are. A silent coalition is building against them. The false sense of confidence that the progressive propaganda is instilling in them. Rather than tempering expectations as they should, this will exagerate how badly election night is going to sting.

You couldn't have posted anything more stupid if you tried. Of those idiots out and about and mingling, how many do you think are asymptomatic yet unloading virus onto anyone they meet?
Would 50% sound about right? Those are the unreasonable, selfish and thoughtless morons who are stupid enough to think that whining about their 'freedom' and 'rights' will save them from a hideous death. Your "silent coalition" will be silent, period, when their stupidity kills them.

50 Percent of People with COVID-19 Aren'''t Aware They Have Virus

Last edited:
It is this kind of behavior that led to a 2nd much worse wave during the 1918 pandemic.

It is this kind of behavior that led to a 2nd much worse wave during the 1918 pandemic.

But if they keep wishing it away won't the virus just give up?

You couldn't have posted anything more stupid if you tried. Of those idiots out and about and mingling, how many do you think are asymptomatic yet unloading virus onto anyone they meet?
Would 50% sound about right? Those are the unreasonable, selfish and thoughtless morons who are stupid enough to think that whining about their 'freedom' and 'rights' will save them from a hideous death. Your "silent coalition" will be silent, period, when their stupidity kills them.

Wait... you think 50% of people in California have Covid 19? Really?

Remember, "god is larger than the virus". I believe that bishop died a few days after his 'faith' proved him wrong, while generously sharing his infection with his family.

No, it means 50% of people with Covid-19 aren't aware they are infected. I haven't suggested that California is 100% infected.

So 50% of the people "out and about mingling" are NOT actually shedding virus onto each other? Good. That would be scary.

Look at these little patriots absorbing whatever they can, just to spread the joy later on

web1_rebel-2.jpg

People can't be decent for awhile to save some lives.

They aren't pro life. Always remember.

I live in California, and I’m sorry to report that we have at least as many stupid people as just about any other state. We are not immune to the stupidity crisis currently ongoing.

We shall see

Are you suggesting that every second person out there potentially infected isn't a scary scenario?

Wait, what? Of course it would be scary! Thankfully no one is suggesting that is actually the case.

People can't be decent for awhile to save some lives.

They aren't pro life. Always remember.

Of course they're not. They're pro choice.

Seems to be their game plan, some people have to learn everything the hard way. Will a whole lot fewer trump voters by November, I would say that it is sad, but they are making their own choice to dance with the Devil.

Seems to be their game plan, some people have to learn everything the hard way. Will a whole lot fewer trump voters by November, I would say that it is sad, but they are making their own choice to dance with the Devil.

Considering the demographic and racial breakdown of Covid victims, (and judging by Social Distancing infraction citations from some areas of the country) I'm not sure Trump voters are disproportionately removed from the voting pool.

They are the same bunch that would argue "If evolution is real, why do we still have monkeys?".

Considering the demographic and racial breakdown of Covid victims, (and judging by Social Distancing infraction citations from some areas of the country) I'm not sure Trump voters are disproportionately removed from the voting pool.

We shall see, that is the interesting part, the vurus is not really selective other than it takes the opportunities presented to it. One can still lead a fairly normal life, so long as they take Common Sense precautions, those that don't are taking their chances and more than willing to take others with them.

Back
Top Bottom