• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:77] Defiance to Covid restrictions in California (personal anecdote)

exactly. they were never pro life.

Nope. Pro choice people are generally indifferent to life, no matter what they say.

Edit: Indifferent to lives other than their own.

Last edited:
We shall see, that is the interesting part, the vurus is not really selective other than it takes the opportunities presented to it. One can still lead a fairly normal life, so long as they take Common Sense precautions, those that don't are taking their chances and more than willing to take others with them.

Absolutely. Exactly why some parts of the country are doing better than others; reduce the opportunities, reduce the acute impact.

Nope. Pro choice people are generally indifferent to life, no matter what they say.

Sure.... My wife is pro-choice. We are totally indifferent to our kid's lives.... Jesus, how do you through life honestly believing such lunatic garbage?

Sure.... My wife is pro-choice. We are totally indifferent to our kid's lives.... Jesus, how do you through life honestly believing such lunatic garbage?

I rest my case...

Or maybe she has some kind of cognitive dissonance where she loves her children but other children are clumps of cells....

No, they are pro-'me', and screw anyone else. That's the conservative way.

You think that the black women at the hairdresser and the surfers in Malibu are all solid right wing conservatives?

You think that the black women at the hairdresser and the surfers in Malibu are all solid right wing conservatives?

I hate to ruin a good fantasy but Malibu beaches were opened for use 4 days ago...

It is this kind of behavior that led to a 2nd much worse wave during the 1918 pandemic.

Ok... so I what?

A second wave then is basically inevitable, human beings cannot live this unnatural lifestyle for long, so far as far as that goes a second wave is just the price we pay for a life worth living.

If no vaccine works then a second wave is guaranteed no matter how perfect social distancing is.

I hate to ruin a good fantasy but Malibu beaches were opened for use 4 days ago...

Ok, so what? People were engaged in normal beach behavior and weren’t really following the new rules

So I’m in CA right now visiting Mi Amor and this is what I witnessed

1) a hair salon that caters largely to black women is open near my hotel (I won’t give details so as to protect them from the Carens) and doing business

2) indoor mask requirement not being enforced in Inglewood. I’ve been to three different businesses, never once asked about mask and I wasn’t wearing one

3) California state beaches in Ventura county had the parking closed, I didn’t care and parked at a state beach so Amor and I could take a walk, we were seen by a county deputy who waved at us and did nothing about it.

4) we drove up to Santa Barbara, county parks on the beach were open and the benches had police tape on them, people didn’t care and were sitting at them anyway. No masks in sight.

5) the PCH was jam packed, so many cars, people eating their take away food together in the parking lots, many big groups of pedestrians etc

I think at this point it’s safe to say that on a ground level, polling by big corporate media notwithstanding, no one actually cares about the restrictions. And if no one is really caring then It’s probably time to stop pretending

I think some of the reaction to restrictions vary by county and city (California has 40 million people). In Contra Costa EVERYONE is wearing some kind of mask in stores, and most are wearing it outdoors. Most won't let you enter without a mask.

Oh the other hand, I've not seen any masks on joggers or even many walkers. Mid to East County (the better off) seem to be more mellow. In west county not so much...most annoying being Trader Joes and Sprouts who make people que up in long lines (rain or shine) outside the store and carefully monitor how many can enter.

In Berkeley, in particular, its very annoying with people trying to dodge each other 6 to 8 feet, often walking in the street to avoid each other.

It's crazy stupid...

Thankfully, unlike some other states we've all read about, Californian's don't give a **** about restricting unessential travel. No one is going to question you why your parked in a parking lot just to chill out.

Last edited:
Ok, so what? People were engaged in normal beach behavior and weren’t really following the new rules

There was no rule prohibiting surfing or using beaches in Malibu after Wednesday... sorry to pop your bubble..

Are you suggesting that every second person out there potentially infected isn't a scary scenario?

The suggestion is to stay away from them.

A person can only protect themselves. 300M ppl. Many of them are not that bright.

So be responsible for oneself is the best one can do.

Are you suggesting that every second person out there potentially infected isn't a scary scenario?

Sure, why not?

If every second person were infected the plague is over and the virus has burnt out

Edit: Indifferent to lives other than their own.

and yet the pro-choice folks are the ones championing life of living, breathing humans during a global Pandemic.

Republicans were never pro life. it's a bumper sticker to win elections in one country.

Sure, why not?

If every second person were infected the plague is over and the virus has burnt out

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, as usual. Let's allow all the old folk to get infected and die-off, because they're useless. That pretty much sums-up your ignorant philosophy.

So I’m in CA right now visiting Mi Amor and this is what I witnessed

1) a hair salon that caters largely to black women is open near my hotel (I won’t give details so as to protect them from the Carens) and doing business

2) indoor mask requirement not being enforced in Inglewood. I’ve been to three different businesses, never once asked about mask and I wasn’t wearing one

3) California state beaches in Ventura county had the parking closed, I didn’t care and parked at a state beach so Amor and I could take a walk, we were seen by a county deputy who waved at us and did nothing about it.

4) we drove up to Santa Barbara, county parks on the beach were open and the benches had police tape on them, people didn’t care and were sitting at them anyway. No masks in sight.

5) the PCH was jam packed, so many cars, people eating their take away food together in the parking lots, many big groups of pedestrians etc

I think at this point it’s safe to say that on a ground level, polling by big corporate media notwithstanding, no one actually cares about the restrictions. And if no one is really caring then It’s probably time to stop pretending
39BEB9DA-8F36-4AEE-BBF1-2D5F10CFFC53.jpg

and yet the pro-choice folks are the ones championing life of living, breathing humans during a global Pandemic.

Republicans were never pro life. it's a bumper sticker to win elections in one country.

You are not championing anyone’s life, merely your own political agenda. You do not care who lives or dies.

I may be a douche, but you’re probably a pansy
Real tough guy you are. You’ll be lucky if you haven’t contracted the disease. And if you have, god help the poor unfortunates that contract it from you, you self-serving douche.

You are not championing anyone’s life, merely your own political agenda. You do not care who lives or dies.
How the hell could you type that out with a straight face? you self-serving douche.

I found one of those defiant Californians...

Tuckbot

She is gonna sue for violatin her constitutional rights!

Last edited:
How the hell could you type that out with a straight face? you self-serving douche.

Because the Democrat governors you hold as heroes are the reason the death toll is so high because they put sick people in nursing homes, and that mentally ill cross dresser in Pennsylvania remover xi/zer/xis elderly mother from a nursing home before doing it.

And now people are dying because of all the thugs they’re letting out of prison.

Fricking liberals in Washington tried to release the f***ing Green River Killer from the penitentiary.

Back
Top Bottom