• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#690]McCarthy falls short in first vote for House speaker

Well, McCarthy beat Jefferies for a change.

This may be a war of attrition with the Dems, as the exodus out of town begins.

They did that yesterday & he got one vote, prob’ly from the one who nominated him.
One can dream. It would be awesome. Then we need to impeach Biden and Kamala and viola...............

Look in the mirror when you say that, because you and a tiny fringe of radical right wing crackpots are the only ones still saying it.

I doubt that you really actually believe it.

It’s just a troll line for you.
Look, you've been gaslit so many times you must be a torch by now. 1-6 was a mere trespassing by some Yahoos.

Yes, KFC has more to offer, and a track record!

The HFC has neither!

And, that’s right, this is nothing new.

It’s the same collection of cracks and crackpots who hamstrung Ryan and Boehner. The faces have changed a bit. Tea party/trumpster types tend not to last too long. No substance.

The only difference is that it’s now out there on live TV.

As for what this crowd wants. They don’t really have a platform. They don’t stand for anything at all.

They’re just in opposition for the sake of being on tv and looking like they have some real power.

All the more reason to make sure they have none.
Paul Rino and Drunk Beaner. Color me surprised that you loved them.

Getting closer, but the crazies are still attaching yet more puppet strings to McCarthy, so not quite there yet. If McCarthy wins he will be such a puppet that they might as well have elected one of the crazies as speaker.

Mike Bost now screaming at Gaetz on the House floor.

Just how is it that you ‘troll the democrats and the media” by ”staging” a show of weakness wherein your party is held hostage by a couple of noisy crackpots leading a small army of one term congress member and people who have never even taken the oath yet?

I had to read you post three times before I figured out what you were trying to say…….. tin foil hat indeed!
Again kinda of a weird joke, when I saw the Youtube short

but the thought, is that if they come out say that it was a trolling "spectacle" meaning it was all done as a joke and the party was not held hostage. It was just to show how the media would easily demonize rather than understand why anyone would actually wast the time.

outside of that.....really a tinfoil thought...but just caught my attention thinking how "convenient" the timing... but alas we are running out of time... so it was nothing.

You and I disagree on many things but you are one of the few liberals who I consider to be sane and rational. We will disagree most likely on Trump and there certainly are things I don't like about him such as his attacks on others he perceives as a threat such as using the term DeSanctimonious. I would be OK with DeSantis or someone like Kristy Noem but the way I see it Trump was tainted intentionally through a concerted effort by the FBI, CIA, and most all of MSM through the Josef Goebbels tactic of repeating lies so often that the public started to believe it was true. The FBI infiltrated Twitter and FaceBook and used them as their propaganda arms, telling them what to allow and not allow and who to suspend and ban, with Adam Schiff asking for the banning of 250,000 people. FaceBook gave the DNC a half BILLION dollars for voting boxes in Democrat areas. I think there was an organized effort behind the scenes to rig the vote in certain states but all that is water under the bridge because the STATE run press has succeeded in deriding anyone by saying they are "election deniers" which proves my point about Goebbelsian gaslighting tactics.

Be careful what you wish for because someone like DeSantis would be far worse for the Democrats than Trump ever thought of being.

Thank you.

But 'yes', you are right in assuming that I don't agree with or accept many of the items you present above.

As to "getting what I wish for", in my post above I was doing (hopefully objective) political analysis. I like doing analysis. But, that doesn't mean I always like or am happy with what my analysis indicates!

As to Trump, yeah I looked at him earlier in his campaign. We needed someone to upset the apple-cart. He had a lot of potential. And yeah, he did cause us to question our beliefs and challenge the status quo. Those are good things. But he took turns that I just could not accept. Given those, I'm now a dyed-in-the-wool anti-Trumper.

I'm also a Bernie Baby, but unfortunately his time has passed. Newsom's now my guy (I think), but I'll take whoever the Dems give us. There won't be a Republican Presidential vote from me for a very long time, even though I previously cast votes for Republican Presidential candidates in three elections.

Last edited:
Getting closer, but the crazies are still attaching yet more puppet strings to McCarthy, so not quite there yet. If McCarthy wins he will be such a puppet that they might as well have elected one of the crazies as speaker.

Just wait until Dems start exercising the "1 man recall vote" rule!

Everything has unintended consequences . . .

Check his resume! :p
Too much work. But I wonder if he consciously chose that outfit to look like a man of the cloth. I hear he's got some legal issues....

Too much work. But I wonder if he consciously chose that outfit to look like a man of the cloth. I hear he's got some legal issues....

He's also got an honesty issues . . .

Last edited:
Guardian reporting McCarthy says he has the votes to win Round 14.

Could be. Or, given the late night vote he could be attempting to dissuade some D's from staying in town, thereby lowering the threshold he needs.

As long as he beats Jeffries, McCarthy can win by either increasing his vote total, or shrinking the size of the voting quorum. He didn't have the latter option until just now.

Back
Top Bottom