• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:67]Lincoln-Kennedy links are proof of God

Re: Lincoln-Kennedy links are proof of God

Synchronicity may be a sign that we are living in a scripted “reality.”
Or: They are coincidences, to which we assign meaning because we want to assign meaning, and thus we focus too much on the similarities and blatantly ignore the differences.

If personal experiences of synchronicity become widespread, it may be a sign that the lights have come on, both the audience and actors are now fully aware of the charade, and the theater is about to close.
Or, it's a sign that the individual has become delusional. I'm sure we could find plenty of other explanations as well.

Billions of people getting up to all sorts every day and night. It would be amazing and mystical if there were no coincidences.

Does anyone have proof of the existence of a god?

The existence of physical laws that would govern the manifestation of consciousness in otherwise mundane star stuff is a strong indicator.

For an atheistic vision of the universe consciousness is not necessary. Why, then, does it exist? All of the known universe has at least a hint at its practical reason for its manifestation except for life in general, and consciousness in particular.

But, beyond that, I like to point out that the theist view of a all powerful God Creator and the Atheist vision of random probability as the prime drive of creation are really not as far separated as either side cares to accept.

No you can't.

Yes I can, it only takes a little experiment.

Assuming you are in North America, stand up, walk outside, and look up at the sky.

You will need to locate a large round orangey red thing.

It's going to hurt to look at, but it's there.

And that is my god. It makes it possible for me to live on this planet. Without it we would all die.

Is visual confirmation enough? Or do I need to find another way to prove the sun exists...

:sword:

Yes I can, it only takes a little experiment.

Assuming you are in North America, stand up, walk outside, and look up at the sky.

You will need to locate a large round orangey red thing.

It's going to hurt to look at, but it's there.

And that is my god. It makes it possible for me to live on this planet. Without it we would all die.

Is visual confirmation enough? Or do I need to find another way to prove the sun exists...

:sword:

Well done!:sun

So at some point, God has come down from His cloud and decided to deny free will to people in order to set up some coincidences to prove His existence?

"There is no such thing as coincidence." — Leroy Gibb’s Rule 39, NCIS

Oh then he must be right. Or I could be right. He's a fictional character so I'd bet on me.

It is easier to prove the existence of God if you think of Him less as a Creator and more as a Criminal. Circumstantial evidence puts God at the scenes of our most infamous crimes.

The synchronicity linking the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy is circumstantial evidence of a God who arranges murders. Only God could program or “script” history so all these connections fall into place. Many of the links are well-known:

Both Lincoln and Kennedy were shot in the head from behind while sitting next to their wives. Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln Continental made by Ford. Both presidents were accompanied by another couple and the male companion of the other couple was wounded by the assassin.

The atheist: Just a coincidence, just a coincidence, just a coincidence.

John Wilkes Booth has 15 letters. Lee Harvey Oswald has 15 letters. Booth fled from a theater to a storage facility, a tobacco barn. Oswald fled from a storage facility, a school book depository, to a theater. Both assassins were killed before they could be put on trial.

Lincoln was elected to the presidency in 1860, Kennedy in 1960. Lincoln was elected to the House of Representatives in 1846, Kennedy in 1946. Lincoln was runner-up for his party’s nomination of vice president in 1856, Kennedy in 1956.

Both presidents had vice presidents named Johnson. Andrew Johnson's name has 13 letters. Lyndon Johnson's name has 13 letters. Andrew Johnson was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson was born in 1908.

How do we stop the atheist from sounding like a broken record (assuming you are old enough to remember what a “broken record” is)? Let’s give it one more shot.

In the 1951 movie The Tall Target, inspired by real events, Dick Powell plays a New York police detective, Sgt. John Kennedy, who boards a train to thwart a plot to kill Abraham Lincoln as he makes a pre-inaugural speech in Baltimore in February 1861. Conspirators on the train know of Kennedy's mission and plan to get him out of the way. One character tells Kennedy, "I don't know anything about a plot against Lincoln's life, but there certainly seems to be one against you."

A young man on the train, who has military training, plans to shoot Lincoln through the window of an upper floor of a building as the president-to-be gives a speech from the back of a train car. The assassin will use a rifle with "a new-fangled telescope sight." The John Kennedy in this 1951 film is discovering how the other John Kennedy will be assassinated in 1963.

The diehard atheist at this point closes his eyes, puts his hands over his ears and shouts: JUST A COINCIDENCE! JUST A COINCIDENCE! JUST A COINCIDENCE!

There’s no pleasing some people.

Albert Einstein said, “Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.” The jig is up. God cannot hide anymore.

All I can say is beware Mr President elected in 2060.

I doubt I'll be around to worry about it though.

"There is no such thing as coincidence." — Leroy Gibb’s Rule 39, NCIS
Oh then he must be right. Or I could be right. He's a fictional character so I'd bet on me.
Tsk, tsk, zyz. Those who appreciate the rapier wit and wicked cleverness of your posts must needs be shaking their heads in disappointment over this one. This post of yours makes little or no sense at all. Why a real person is more likely to be right in his opinion than a fictional character is not obvious in the least, notwithstanding the acerbic insinuation of your post. For a legendary reader such as yourself this is an egregious gaffe. It calls into question your whole long history of posting criticism of the Bible as fiction. This post damages your credibility, in short. Not your finest moment, shall we say. But keep riffing. Your bound to strum a true chord in the course of time.

Namaste.

What are you on about? Do you believe in God? If not, who or what is giving anything to anyone?
Your post is incoherent.

He argues that God doesn't exist, yet simultaneously argues that God exists and is causing natural disasters...

He argues a paradox. He is reasoning irrationally...

He argues that God doesn't exist, yet simultaneously argues that God exists and is causing natural disasters...

He argues a paradox. He is reasoning irrationally...

Well, not quite. There are two different issues here. One is he assuming God exists using the claims from Christianity to show the logical issues in the assumptions of Christian belief as a hypothetical. The other is what he personally believes. You are not reading context and you are violating the principle of charity.

Well, not quite. There are two different issues here. One is he assuming God exists using the claims from Christianity to show the logical issues in the assumptions of Christian belief as a hypothetical. The other is what he personally believes. You are not reading context and you are violating the principle of charity.

He didn't argue "if God exists, then..." He argued that God is causing those things. There is a difference between the two.

He didn't argue "if God exists, then..." He argued that God is causing those things. There is a difference between the two.

IF you want to violate the principle of charity go right ahead.

Moderator's Warning:
Let's knock off the baiting and personal comments and keep it clean.

To address the topic of discussion once again, Those links are NOT proof of God's existence. There is no way to prove or disprove God's existence.

Those links COULD be used as supporting evidence of God's existence, however...

Whether or not one finds that supporting evidence to be convincing is up to them...

To address the topic of discussion once again, Those links are NOT proof of God's existence. There is no way to prove or disprove God's existence.

Those links COULD be used as supporting evidence of God's existence, however...

Whether or not one finds that supporting evidence to be convincing is up to them...
By "links" do you mean the connections that seem to be involved in synchronicities, or did someone post "holy links" I missed?

By "links" do you mean the connections that seem to be involved in synchronicities, or did someone post "holy links" I missed?

hahaha, I meant the first one... If there were any 'holy links' lately, I missed those as well...

I have experienced "synchronicities" regularly throughout my life. What they suggest to me is simply that there is something more than meets the eye going on in life.

When I got married and moved into a townhouse, it turned out that the key which opened my front door also happened to open the front door of my in-laws house 25 minutes away in another part of town. Was that proof of God or just a coincidence? God exists but not because of such things as these.

A card counter doesn't have to win every time, only enough times to prove that blackjack is not truly a random game of chance.

So how many differences do you need to prove the absence of god ?

So nobody died in the great flood ?

Not even all the animals not aboard the ark?
I don't know anything about the Great Flood or who or what died in it, and if you do I'd like to hear about it and how you found out about it, and even more to the point I'd like to know how you know both that God exists and that He killed whoever and whatever was killed in this Great Flood of yours?

Back
Top Bottom