• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#663]Queen Elizabeth dead at 96

Man0in3Black

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

The Queen died peacefully this afternoon, the Royal Family announced on its social media accounts.

Her son Charles, who is now King, will return to London on Friday.

Bugger! I was I wondering if she would write a letter to herself if she reached a hundred.

Long live the king. Said no prince ever.

The death of one little old lady has made the world pause

Quite amazing

Even though we knew it was coming all day the news still hit you in your stomach. Several generations in this country have only known her, she on every coin and note you look at, you sing her name in the anthem, her picture and the royal standard everywhere. She has been the one constant in a nation that has changed so much since 1955 ( for good and bad) and she never forgot her place or her duty.

RIP you were genuinely the best of us.

A life time of service

80% approval rate

Something politicians can only dream of
When you have no real responsibilities, and literally are appointed for life, it’s not real hard to stick around and have people approve of the job(?) you are doing.

As I stated in the previous thread, she lived a hell of a life, and was a heck of a person. Elizabeth certainly lived it thoroughly and with distinction, that nobody can argue with. She's made her mark on history forever.

And honestly, I don't think the monarchy will ever be as popular as it was with her gone. Elizabeth was a big positive magnet for the royal family, and it really helped that she reigned for so long on top of everything.

Rest easy, now.

Last edited:
She beamed eloquence, sophistication, tenderness and a motherly image that was hard to escape. What a woman.

Back
Top Bottom