• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

Republican didn't "refuse" anything. Nancy Pelosi appointed them.

"The panel comprises seven Democrats and two Republicans all appointed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. She previously rejected several GOP members originally selected for the panel by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy — Rep. Jim Banks of Indiana and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio — citing "statements and actions" made by the pair that she felt would "impact the integrity of the committee." Both Banks and Jordan had publicly expressed concerns over the panel itself."

The original plan was to have a nonpartisan 9-11 style commission. With 5 appointed by democrats and 5 appointed by republicans. None would be existing politicians.

It seemed at first that was going to happen. It passed through the House. Then it got to the senate where the republicans filibustered it and killed the legislation creating that commission. Republicans are the only reason why that commission never happened.

So Pelosi announced that she would have the House create a committee to investigate 1-6.

She appointed some democrats.

mccarthy appointed some republicans.

Pelosi accepted all but two of them. McCarthy threw a hissy fit, recalled the other republicans and declared the republicans in the House are going to boycott the committee.

McCarthy could have appointed two others. Or he could have allowed the remaining republicans to be on that commission. The only one who prevented them from being there is mccarthy.

Republicans could have been on that committee. They could have had "their say" but they refused. They even refused to go talk to the committee then refused to comply with a subpoena. So they aren't very motivated to tell their side.

Why don't they want to talk to the committee? Why did they refuse to be on that committee? They got what they wanted. They weren't on that committee and they didn't talk to them. Now you blame the democrats for what republicans did and are continuing to do.

Stop blaming republican actions on democrats.

Why would unarmed people entering the capitol illegaly be met with machine guns when I can't do the same to people forcing their way into my house?
You live at the Capitol?
Wow, what's breakfast like? Do you get to wander around in your pee jays?

This closely related topic seems especially timely:

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, pressed 29 Republican state lawmakers in Arizona — 27 more than previously known — to set aside Joe Biden’s popular vote victory and “choose” presidential electors, according to emails obtained by The Washington Post.​
Sedition runs deep in the GOP.

I would get more facts from a rerun of the Simpsons than the from the taxpayer funded campaign ad the fascists ran last night.

It must really burn you that more Americans tuned in to Tucker Carlson during Gobbelsesq dog and pony show than watched the democrat farce.

I haven't found any rating numbers, where did you get yours?

Why do you keep lying that you watched last night's hearing?
Why are you making a stupid statement like that? What makes it really stupid, is that you are declaring something as fact when you have absolutely no way of knowing if it is true or not.

Why are you making a stupid statement like that? What makes it really stupid, is that you are declaring something as fact when you have absolutely no way of knowing if it is true or not.
Either you didn't watch it or you are actively posting false things about what was shown.

Claiming you didn't watch it is giving you more the benefit of the doubt than outright saying you are knowingly posting false things. But if you'd rather us just call you a liar about what was said last night, I'm sure we can do that. Just let us know.

This closely related topic seems especially timely:

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, pressed 29 Republican state lawmakers in Arizona — 27 more than previously known — to set aside Joe Biden’s popular vote victory and “choose” presidential electors, according to emails obtained by The Washington Post.​
Sedition runs deep in the GOP.

Holy shit.

I would get more facts from a rerun of the Simpsons than the from the taxpayer funded campaign ad the fascists ran last night.

It must really burn you that more Americans tuned in to Tucker Carlson during Gobbelsesq dog and pony show than watched the democrat farce.

Where did you see last night's ratings of all cable and network shows to make this claim?

Either you didn't watch it or you are actively posting false things about what was shown.

Claiming you didn't watch it is giving you more the benefit of the doubt than outright saying you are knowingly posting false things. But if you'd rather us just call you a liar about what was said last night, I'm sure we can do that. Just let us know.
Another one pulling stuff from his A-hole. Please, you guys are beginning to bore me.

I haven't found any rating numbers, where did you get yours?
Newsflash.. he’s lying.

That’s what Trump supporters do. Kinda the whole point of this hearing, actually.

Think about what you're doing here. You're blaming Nancy and Mitch because the NG wasn't there to protect the Capitol from a bunch of Trump-crazed MAGA thugs. That's only the "biggest question" to MAGAs. For the rest of us, it's the MAGA thugs who stormed the Capitol, injuring scores of LEOs who were there doing their job.

And then there is Miller, Acting SecDef, who in the clearest terms assumed command of the DCNG, and straight jacketed them. He works for Trump, was appointed by Trump. If you want to blame anyone, that's the man in charge, through his boss, Trump. You've seen the memo. You have to know by now that Miller didn't approve using the DCNG until after 4pm on January 6, after the riots had been going on for hours.

So, yeah, tell me all about why we don't know why the NG wasn't there. The answer is Trump and his minions, but you move the goal posts to "Nancy" like a good little MAGA soldier. It's sickening.

He was one of several “actings” that Trump appointed after he lost the election. They were all yes men and -sycophants. They were there either to do their fuhrer’s bidding ,or were installed in jobs they had no background in so they would hesitate in a moment of crisis.

That too, was part of trump’s thinking. He always preferred yes men, and people he could push around.

Where did you see last night's ratings of all cable and network shows to make this claim?
I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain those numbers haven't been released yet. Certainly final ratings would not have been.

Also, it's laughable to claim that Tucker Carlson's show got more viewers than the combined power of ABC, NBC, and CBS (plus some individual Fox broadcast affiliates). Just absolutely laughable.

He put his feet up on Nancy’s desk! Oh the humanity!

“This [Jan. 6] committee is unconstitutional. It is illegitimate. It was not put together according to the rules of the House,” Stefanik said, in reference to how Pelosi had selected Kinzinger and Cheney after refusing to seat Jordan and Banks on the committee.

The Queen is drinking Scotch on the plebeian dime - let them have Koolaide!

Who cares what Stefanik says!

The Committee is entirely Constitutional.

And that’s right, “oh, the humanity” does describe an event plotted by the White House that allows some right wing thugs to lead a mob into the Capitol.

You and your ilk are busy defending, deflecting and making weak and false excuses for one of the darkest event in US history.

Back
Top Bottom