• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

Will Barr
Rosen
Donoghue
Cippolone
Short
Hershmann
Jason Miller
Ivanka
Hope Hicks
Rusty Bowers

All Republicans who worked for trump who told the truth about J6.

There were 4 referrals. Obstruction, of an official act of Congress
Conspiracy to defraud the US
Conspiracy to make false statements
Insurrection, sedition

The House Jan. 6 committee has decided to recommend the Justice Department pursue criminal charges against former President Donald Trump, including obstructing an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiring to make false statements, and insurrection.

PBS correspondent who had read the 168 executive summary of the embargoed committee report, thus keeping it concealed until the end of the J6 committee session shared that there was another referral reflected in the summary which was not addressed in the public session

Trump will end his Presidential bid in an attempt to soften concerns people have. If he isn’t running people won’t care as much.

I would watch pro Trump replies closely on here. Posts continuing to support the insurrection should be marked.

I think he’ll keep it alive for as long as he can get the suckers to pony up.

He may suspend it from time to time, just to get face time on tv.

It will be a lot like the 2016 Ben Carson “campaign”. Most of which went into Armstrong Williams and Carson’s pockets.

Inciting a riot seems like more of a low bar to prove (Although they do have conspiracy to make a false statement, which is also the low bar), while insurrection is the high bar. Doesn't mean they have enough evidence to prove either, just that the low bar is easier to prove.

Inciting a riot seems like more of a low bar to prove (Although they do have conspiracy to make a false statement, which is also the low bar), while insurrection is the high bar. Doesn't mean they have enough evidence to prove either, just that the low bar is easier to prove.
but tRump told the MAGAts to riot peacefully

Off topic, the maralago documents case is much easier to understand, even if someone doesn't know the law , we all know what stealing is.

Obstruction of an official act is the charge referral made today that I believe is the most likely to bring a conviction,

Conspiracy to make a false statement is fairly clear and should get a conviction because the fake electors were really fake in legal terms.

I think inciting a riot is true but very difficult to prove. I doubt the conspiracy to defraud the US will stick either. But that's to say , it reminds me of betting on horses.

The revelation today that snuck under the radar was that evidence of witness tampering is piling up.

"The report cites a lawyer, funded by a "group allied with President Trump," who allegedly told a witness that she could falsely claim she didn't recall certain events, steered her away from negative facts about Trump, and shared details about her testimony with other lawyers and the press over her objections.
The witness was also "offered potential employment that would make her 'financially very comfortable' as the date of her testimony approached by entities apparently linked to Donald Trump and his associates," according to the report.

"The Select Committee is aware of multiple efforts by President Trump to contact Select Committee witnesses. The Department of Justice is aware of at least one of those circumstances," the report adds."

If this is true it shows that there are actors who don't want the truth to come out. Which is pitiful.

1671534162000.png

He isn't going to be charged with anything related to 1/6.
1) Irrespective as to whether Trump is charged or not, the House Committee's findings and recommendations just add to the "mountain of political and personal BAGGAGE" that will accompany him into the 2024 Election!

2) Based on the outcomes of the 2020 and 2022 Elections, however, Republicans may be "TIRED," but its not from "WINNING!"

3) POLITICS 101 - "WINNING-IS-THE-NAME-OF-THE-GAME" and once a political leader shows signs of faltering, he/she becomes expendable!

4) Allowing Trump to unilaterally "endorse" un-vetted candidates may have been successful in the GOP Primaries, but the results from the 2022 Election were "disastrous" - despite the predicted landslide based on an unpopular President and high inflation rates, Republicans barely gained a majority in the House and failed to achieve control of the Senate!

5) While Trump endorsed candidates were unsuccessful, DeSantis was one of the few Republicans to exceed expectations - he may be the "HEIR APPARENT," as its presidential nominee in 2024, but the former President has no intention in relinquishing control of the Republic Party - at least not without a "KNOCK-DOWN-DRAG-HIM-OUT FIGHT!"

6) Republican supporters should prepare themselves for the 2024 GOP Convention to descend into a "POLITICAL BLOODBATH" of epic proportions - once DeSantis and Trump "face-off" to become the 2024 Presidential Candidate for the Republican PARTY!

Good to hear that Trump is finally going to jail.
Almost as good as the last dozen times Ive heard it over the past 6 years.

The revelation today that snuck under the radar was that evidence of witness tampering is piling up.

"The report cites a lawyer, funded by a "group allied with President Trump," who allegedly told a witness that she could falsely claim she didn't recall certain events, steered her away from negative facts about Trump, and shared details about her testimony with other lawyers and the press over her objections.
The witness was also "offered potential employment that would make her 'financially very comfortable' as the date of her testimony approached by entities apparently linked to Donald Trump and his associates," according to the report.

"The Select Committee is aware of multiple efforts by President Trump to contact Select Committee witnesses. The Department of Justice is aware of at least one of those circumstances," the report adds."

If this is true it shows that there are actors who don't want the truth to come out. Which is pitiful.

I picked up on that watching the hearings. Care to guess who “she” is?

View attachment 67427821

1) Irrespective as to whether Trump is charged or not, the House Committee's findings and recommendations just add to the "mountain of political and personal BAGGAGE" that will accompany him into the 2024 Election!
Of course. It's political. You are allowing yourself to be manipulated by politics, peddled narratives, and propaganda. Have some skepticism.

2) Based on the outcomes of the 2020 and 2022 Elections, however, Republicans may be "TIRED," but its not from "WINNING!"
Indeed. I did not support Trump in the primaries of 2016, and I thought he should not run. I did not think he would beat Clinton in the election of 2016. I became a Trump supporter due to his policies after being elected. I have always been critical of his rhetoric and much of his manners and methods. While I think he is far less of a "danger" than the military industrial complex and security state that runs our establishment political parties, I do think he's done. He cannot win again, and his "brand" has been poisoned to a large extent. I do not think he should run anymore. I think he should drop out.
3) POLITICS 101 - "WINNING-IS-THE-NAME-OF-THE-GAME" and once a political leader shows signs of faltering, he/she becomes expendable!
Yes, the machine has destroyed him. Very true.
4) Allowing Trump to unilaterally "endorse" un-vetted candidates may have been successful in the GOP Primaries, but the results from the 2022 Election were "disastrous" - despite the predicted landslide based on an unpopular President and high inflation rates, Republicans barely gained a majority in the House and failed to achieve control of the Senate!
Yes, indeed.
5) While Trump endorsed candidates were unsuccessful, DeSantis was one of the few Republicans to exceed expectations - he may be the "HEIR APPARENT," as its presidential nominee in 2024, but the former President has no intention in relinquishing control of the Republic Party - at least not without a "KNOCK-DOWN-DRAG-HIM-OUT FIGHT!"
Yes. DeSantis is another surprise to me. When he first ran for governor, I did not think him a particularly serious candidate. However, he has proved to be a highly effective, highly successful governor, and very likely he would be very good President.
6) Republican supporters should prepare themselves for the 2024 GOP Convention to descend into a "POLITICAL BLOODBATH" of epic proportions - once DeSantis and Trump "face-off" to become the 2024 Presidential Candidate for the Republican PARTY!
It's possible. January 6 was the tipping point. As the events of that day occur, my commentary was that those idiots were handing it all over to the Democrats. We had just gone through 2 years of the American Left acting like complete monsters, and that one day washed it all away. You see it constantly -- no matter what you say about the Democrats or the Left, the rebuttal inevitably comes - at least we didn't do January 6 (or invade the capitol, or commit insurrection, etc).

I picked up on that watching the hearings. Care to guess who “she” is?
I'm guessing it was the young woman who did the most damage :))

Well, she wants to disband the DoJ and put the country under "Marshall Law" so... maybe?

Back
Top Bottom