• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

Because he is "clearly" a senile, sociopathic, narcissist who believes his own Big Lie. Do you believe that Trump won the 2020 election. @Anthony60? Yes? Or No?
Wow, you really crammed a ton of rhetoric into a short post! I don't have enough information to know who won, and likely never will. I woke up in the morning and saw that everything turned around for Biden, overnight. I knew something was wrong.

Wow, you really crammed a ton of rhetoric into a short post! I don't have enough information to know who won, and likely never will. I woke up in the morning and saw that everything turned around for Biden, overnight. I knew something was wrong.
Are you aware as to why "everything turned around for Biden overnight", or are you not aware of the explanation by the vote counters as to why this occurred, which was put out over just about every news outlet both before and after the votes were counted?

Yes, well the comedic part is that someone would claim that Trump wanted them to make up fraudulent votes, when it is absolutely clear that he wants the truth, not fraud. He clearly believes that he won, and that fraud is occurring on the other side.
Is that why John Eastman drafted up fraudulent electoral slates? Is that why Trump almost appointed Jeffery Clark as the Attorney General after Clark drafted a fraudulent DOJ document for the states? Because Trump really wanted the truth rather than fraud? Lmao you can't make this stuff up!

Thanks for making it even more clear. I believe Engel is now saying the lunge and the choke didn't happen but trump was definitely pissed.
Video of Trump reaching over the shoulder of the driver as they were leaving his rally when he wanted to go to the Capitol riots.

No, actually it wasn't. If you think it was, please by all means, cite the statute where it's a crime for the President to tell the secretary of state of a state that the President thinks there was fraud and he wants them to root it out and find the votes that should be there.
I do not really need to do anything for you. Your behaviour is overwhelmingly, showed as being dishonest and malicious. Your only success has been to soak up bandwidth for nothing.

I do not really need to do anything for you. Your behaviour is overwhelmingly, showed as being dishonest and malicious. Your only success has been to soak up bandwidth for nothing.
My "behavior?" LOL. Come off it. It's difference of opinion. And, I don't really have to do anything for you either, and anyone peddling the Trump colluded with Russia, Trump is Putin's Pal, and Trump tried to lead an armed attack to go kill Congressmen has no business talking about dishonesty or malice. Jesus...

He is already damaged to the point of no return. Things like this Hutchinson hearsay testimony is a prime example. Putting her on was not an attempt to get at the truth. It was to smear him again, which they have been committed to doing since he took office in 2016, and there is only one thing that would get them to stop - an announcement that he won't run again.

I would bet $1,000,000 (if I had it) that if Trump simply retired from politics, and said he wouldn't run again for personal reasons, the entire show would stop. The entire effort would stop.
and if i were in a position to do so, i would accept your offer
opposed the nixon pardon back in the day and have since realized it was better for our nation to look forward rather than to prosecute the former leader of the western world
which is why i would consider your offer a bargain
kick tRump into the dark recesses of history books and move our nation forward

no pardon. no exemption from civil trial, but no need to expend the time, effort, and emotions putting the self absorbed asshole in prison. make him live with himself - and that ice queen, melanoma

There is always a strong possibility of violence anytime there is a protest with 10,000 people. However, for 5-6 years, Trump rallies occurred with 10,000+ people over and over again, and none of them ever erupted into violence.

He was NOT "told there could be violence." Sure he MAY have been told that SOME of the people were armed (the numbers I've seen are that about .007 of those people arrested were armed with firearms. Every single protest, including BLM and Antifa are guaranteed to have people with guns there. Look at the Wisconsin stuff where Rittenhouse shot those guys - he had a gun AND some of the protesters themselves had guns. One of the guys he shot drew a handgun at him. Everyone "knew" that would be the case - because it's always the case that large numbers of people include some percentage with guns.

So, if the rule is "if you think there are some guns there, you can;t have a rally," then there would be no rallies.
glad you raised that issue

the unsung hero of J6 was antifa

had it assembled in opposition to the MAGAts then we would not be able to point to the MAGAts as the perps during that riot

for an organization that has no identifiable leadership, it's unseen leadership made the right to call to stand down

My "behavior?" LOL. Come off it. It's difference of opinion. And, I don't really have to do anything for you either, and anyone peddling the Trump colluded with Russia, Trump is Putin's Pal, and Trump tried to lead an armed attack to go kill Congressmen has no business talking about dishonesty or malice. Jesus...
Ok thanks for the canned swiss army knife warning I guess?

Trump not happy about Cippolone subpoena to testify at the hearings.
Trump angry.
Trump smash another porcelain plate.
Trump need more chicken fingers and ketchup.

didn't john dean testify at the watergate hearings
blew the whole presidency up with what he had to say, as i recall

wasn't cipollone in the same white house counsel position as was previously held by john dean?

Video of Trump reaching over the shoulder of the driver as they were leaving his rally when he wanted to go to the Capitol riots.

Devil's advocate and all, from that video alone I could imagine just a tap on the shoulder: "Hey drive to the Capitol instead of the West Wing." Unfortunately I don't think it adds anything of value.

didn't john dean testify at the watergate hearings
blew the whole presidency up with what he had to say, as i recall

wasn't cipollone in the same white house counsel position as was previously held by john dean?
Good question. It's looking like Trump's confidant and monkey boy was Meadows. And then Meadows' confidant was Cippolone.

Devil's advocate and all, from that video alone I could imagine just a tap on the shoulder: "Hey drive to the Capitol instead of the West Wing." Unfortunately I don't think it adds anything of value.
Doesn't look like he's reaching over anyone's shoulder.

Too funny! :ROFLMAO:

Giuliani complains Cassidy Hutchinson 'was never present' when he 'asked for a pardon'

Giuliani appears to admit asking Trump for pardon before claiming he never did – then deletes tweet altogether

Too funny! :ROFLMAO:

Giuliani complains Cassidy Hutchinson 'was never present' when he 'asked for a pardon'

Giuliani appears to admit asking Trump for pardon before claiming he never did – then deletes tweet altogether

lol. he's so stupid.

'I Keep Waiting for the Feds to Come': The Jan. 6 Investigations Have Trumpworld on Edge

After a jaw-dropping Jan. 6 committee hearing and a string of aggressive moves by the Biden Justice Department, Donald Trump’s associates are realizing what the ex-president can’t admit: The dual investigations into the efforts to overturn the 2020 election are far more than show trials — and there may be serious legal consequences for the people involved.

“I keep waiting for the feds to come raid my shit,” says a current close adviser to former President Trump, who was also intimately involved in the effort to overturn the 2020 election results. This person spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly address their ongoing anxieties. “I’m not sure how high on the food chain the Department of Justice considers me, but it wouldn’t be the most out-of-the-blue thing if I…got subpoenaed or served a search warrant.”

Another former Trump adviser tells Rolling Stone that, in recent days, they consulted with their lawyer about possible “worst-case scenarios” that could come from the DOJ investigation and the House select committee on Jan. 6.

Tuesday’s hearing of the Jan. 6 committee turbocharged Trumpworld’s anxieties, as former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson testified about a string of damaging — and potentially criminal — activities Trump and his team engaged in in the run up to the Capitol attack.

“In the time since Cassidy testified, there has definitely been an uptick in chatter in [Trumpworld] about who is and who isn’t criminally exposed,” said a former senior Trump aide. “There are some people who don’t take these hearings or the DOJ probe seriously, and think of it as ‘Mueller Part 2’ or yet another example of the media getting over its skis. There are others who think that, whatever you think of the committee, criminal charges could easily come after all these testimonies and subpoenas. I count myself among the latter group, and Tuesday made me feel even more confident in the idea that we should all be preparing for the Biden Justice Department to really go after Trump people. This isn’t a joke, and should not be treated like one.”

Link bypasses paywall: https://archive.ph/CQp88

A Withering Indictment of the Entire GOP

The portrait painted yesterday at the January 6 hearing by Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, wasn’t simply of a criminal president, but of a seditious madman.

This new account of what Trump did leading up to, on, and after January 6 was shocking, yet not surprising. His behavior did not amount to an abrupt about-face by an otherwise honorable man, but was the last link in an almost unfathomably long chain of events—vicious, merciless words and unscrupulous, unethical acts that were said and done, many in public view, in ways that were impossible to deny. All of the signs of Trump’s corruption and disordered personality were obvious for years.

Perhaps the case against Trump presented by the January 6 committee and previous Trump loyalists—by now so overwhelming as to be unquestionable—will cause some members of Congress, academics, and “public intellectuals” in the right-wing infrastructure to distance themselves from Trump. Of course, until now Trump has crossed no ethical line, has shattered no norm that caused them to say “Enough!” Instead we’ve heard whataboutism and strained-to-the-breaking-point excuses.

However this plays out, this needs to be said: For the past half-dozen years, the Republican Party and the American right—with a very few honorable exceptions— stood with Trump, defended him, and attacked his critics. Some went silent in the face of his indecency and lawlessness; many others gleefully promulgated his lies and conspiracy theories. Together they attempted to annihilate truth on his behalf, in his name, for their party, to seize and to hold power.

A Withering Indictment of the Entire GOP

The portrait painted yesterday at the January 6 hearing by Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, wasn’t simply of a criminal president, but of a seditious madman.

This new account of what Trump did leading up to, on, and after January 6 was shocking, yet not surprising. His behavior did not amount to an abrupt about-face by an otherwise honorable man, but was the last link in an almost unfathomably long chain of events—vicious, merciless words and unscrupulous, unethical acts that were said and done, many in public view, in ways that were impossible to deny. All of the signs of Trump’s corruption and disordered personality were obvious for years.

Perhaps the case against Trump presented by the January 6 committee and previous Trump loyalists—by now so overwhelming as to be unquestionable—will cause some members of Congress, academics, and “public intellectuals” in the right-wing infrastructure to distance themselves from Trump. Of course, until now Trump has crossed no ethical line, has shattered no norm that caused them to say “Enough!” Instead we’ve heard whataboutism and strained-to-the-breaking-point excuses.

However this plays out, this needs to be said: For the past half-dozen years, the Republican Party and the American right—with a very few honorable exceptions— stood with Trump, defended him, and attacked his critics. Some went silent in the face of his indecency and lawlessness; many others gleefully promulgated his lies and conspiracy theories. Together they attempted to annihilate truth on his behalf, in his name, for their party, to seize and to hold power.

I still do, because this idea that the Bidens of the world, the Clintons, the Bushes, Romney, Kerry, McCain were these good, honorable people, and that it's this big bad wolf Trump that took us in the wrong direction is really ridiculous. We've been ruled by scumbags just as bad and in many ways worse than Trump for decades. The real threat to our well-being is the military industrial complex and the intelligence community. They control the media and the narratives, and they are the ones who would have none of Trump, not because he was a dick, but because he wasn't in their club and they didn't control him.

Biden is controlled. He's a 50 year politician who enriched himself on the public dime. He follows the dictates of the intelligence community and our military defense contractors so that we keep getting into more wars. They do not have our best interests at heard.

Trump was a dickhead, sure, and he wasn't to be trusted either, but at least he wasn't those ****ing scumbags like Biden, Bush, Clinton(s), Romney, and the rest who have been wrecking this country for decades.

Ex-Trump Aide Says She Put Cassidy Hutchinson in Touch With Cheney

Former Trump White House communications director Alyssa Farah revealed on Thursday morning that she was the one who helped Cassidy Hutchinson break out from Trump world and encouraged her to reach out to the Jan. 6 House committee.
========================
Farah, who is close personal friends with Hutchinson, stunned CNN’s New Day when she said she “put her in touch with” committee vice-chair Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) a couple of months ago. Noting that Hutchinson’s lawyer was previously “someone who had been in the White House counsel’s office” and “still aligned with Trump world,” the CNN contributor stated that Hutchinson reached out to her after first speaking with the committee behind closed doors.

“She did her interview, she complied with the committee, but she shared with me: ‘There is more I want to share that was not asked in those settings. How do we do this?'” Farah explained. “In that process, she got a new attorney of her own.”

She continued: “Congresswoman Cheney had a sense of what questions needed to be asked that weren’t previously. So that’s how this shocking testimony that people didn’t realize before kind of came about, and it didn’t come up in her earlier interview, some of these facts.”

I still do, because this idea that the Bidens of the world, the Clintons, the Bushes, Romney, Kerry, McCain were these good, honorable people, and that it's this big bad wolf Trump that took us in the wrong direction is really ridiculous. We've been ruled by scumbags just as bad and in many ways worse than Trump for decades. The real threat to our well-being is the military industrial complex and the intelligence community. They control the media and the narratives, and they are the ones who would have none of Trump, not because he was a dick, but because he wasn't in their club and they didn't control him.

Biden is controlled. He's a 50 year politician who enriched himself on the public dime. He follows the dictates of the intelligence community and our military defense contractors so that we keep getting into more wars. They do not have our best interests at heard.

Trump was a dickhead, sure, and he wasn't to be trusted either, but at least he wasn't those ****ing scumbags like Biden, Bush, Clinton(s), Romney, and the rest who have been wrecking this country for decades.
IMO Trump didn't set out to solve that anger, but to exploit it. And boy did he ever succeed at that.

Thank God he is not allowed to practice law anymore. I hate to call New York City's savior a scumbag, but Rudy Giuliani has only done more harm than good since returning to private practice.

Of course we all; know everything Cassidy Hutchinson said was "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" because she swore that oath before testifying in person.

IMO Trump didn't set out to solve that anger, but to exploit it. And boy did he ever succeed at that.

Your "opinion" is a proven fact. People who want to solve their anger certainly would never throw plates and ketchup bottles on the wall or try to grab the steering wheel while making physical contact with the driver.

A riot is very different than an attempted coup against the USA.

You should really watch the hearings.
I've watched most of it, I know the argument. As I said, I don't approve of what happened. Other than that, I'm not impressed. The people who rioted were arrested. What more do you want? Or is it all about getting Trump's head on a silver platter? I still think that is unlikely to happen.

Back
Top Bottom