• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

Did Trump 'willfully' lie to Americans about the COVID pandemic while he was POTUS? Yes? or No? And you claim "everybody lied about Covid" is absolute B.S., and a weak sauce attempt to deflect away from the 'fact' former POTUS Trump lied to every American about the severity of COVID for personal political gain.
Fauci lied about CoVid too. Biden lied just today. Trump isn't president anymore. Which should I care about more?

That isn't apparent. There was an organized attempt to protest and demonstrate against the election, which people claimed - wrongly or rightly, whatever, doesn't matter - was fraudulent, and they were calling for Mike Pence to reject electoral ballots as improper. So what? That isn't "overthrowing the government" -

On what basis do you claim anyone wanted to "overthrow" the government? And, how exactly did they take action to do so? By calling for a demonstration at the capitol? By calling for Mike Pence to "do his duty" and reject electoral ballots? What? What is "the overthrow" that was attempted, in your opinion?

Aided and abetted Trump in doing what? What is "it?" You can't leave it at "overthrow the government" - you have to set out what facts - what actions - were taken that specifically constitute that "it." Otherwise, it's just an allegation, and all the people involved appear just as likely to be honestly pursuing what they truly believed was fraudulent election and the wanted to stop what appeared to them to be an illegal theft of an election. They may well have been wrong - maybe all the evidence is against them, but so what? They can think otherwise, and they can protest even if their protest is about something completely bogus. That happens all the time.

And, let me ask you this - if there WAS evidence satisfactory to you that the election was, in fact, won by clear, incontrovertible, and proven fraud - just assume that to be true - you have now been presented with the evidence of "the steal." You truly believe that it happened. Would you think it would be ok to organize a rally at the capitol and "fight" for your belief, and to call for the Vice President to "stop the steal?" I know it's a hypothetical - I'm asking you to honestly answer - if there was incontrovertible proof acceptable to you that the steal happened - would the events of 1/6 be "seditious conspiracy" still?

It has nothing to do with "will be?" He isn't President and hasn't been since 1/21/21, on which date he left office peacefully. There was no coup. There was no revolution. He left. He doesn't have to be demoted, and there is nothing to demote him to. He is a private citizen.

It doesn't seem to bother me, because you speak in generalities and pronouns. You say "this" is an idea of the extreme right. Be specific. What is the idea? That the election was stolen? Because that sure as shit is NOT an idea exclusive to the extreme right. In 2016, the Democrats - iincluding Hillary Clinton - said Trump stole the election, was an illegitimate president, and was literally installed through illegal interference by the Russians and Vladimir Putin. If they are allowed to say that bullshit with a straight face, then it's likewise ok to believe that the 2020 election was stolen. There is nothing wrong with protesting. There is nothing wrong with believing an untruth and espousing it - it happens all the time - half of Leftists political positions are bogus and untrue and damaging to the country - but they are still allowed to espouse their stupid opinions and protest in the streets about them. So, right wingers too can believe their own bullshit.

The "it" that I am not in agreement with is the rioting. I said it that day that the rioters were wrecking any chance the Republicans had at the time of achieving anything and handing the high ground to the Democrats. The idiots who breached the capitol and rioted etc should go right to ****ing jail and good ****ing riddance. That's what I object to. I don't give a flying **** who "questions the outcome of an election." How's that?
Do you think we're all ****ing idiots?

I've watched most of it, I know the argument. As I said, I don't approve of what happened. Other than that, I'm not impressed. The people who rioted were arrested. What more do you want? Or is it all about getting Trump's head on a silver platter? I still think that is unlikely to happen.
If you watched most of the hearings, then do you have any thoughts on the fraudulent electoral slates or the fraudulent DOJ document? How about the fraudulent Electoral Defense Fund that was used to con $250 million from his supporters? Any opinion about the fact he knew the crowd was armed & dangerous before sending them off to show strength, fight like hell, and take back their country from a group of people he said were their enemy? This is all documented evidence and testimony under oath.

< Which should I care about more?
Your blatant and all too obvious deflection. Anything else I can help you with regarding your personal decision making thought processes?

What more do you want?

Personally, I want Trump supporters to acknowledge that Trump did a bad thing when he made false allegations of election fraud.

You guys don't even have to say it was illegal. Just say it was wrong, and let's work to make sure it doesn't happen again.

That's what I want.

I've watched most of it, I know the argument. As I said, I don't approve of what happened. Other than that, I'm not impressed. The people who rioted were arrested. What more do you want?
I want the people responsible for the coup attempt held accountable.

Every patriotic American should want that.

This hearing isn't about the rioters. That is being dealt with. It is about the attempted coup. The rioters were only a small fraction of that.

Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career. Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again.

Hutchinson’s resume alone should establish her credibility. The 25-year-old had already worked at the highest levels of conservative Republican politics, including in the offices of Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (LA), before becoming a top aide for former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows.

In short, Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that. She did not overstate things, did not seem to be seeking attention, and was very precise about how and why she knew what she related and about which testimony was firsthand and which was secondhand but able to be corroborated.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

If you watched most of the hearings, then do you have any thoughts on the fraudulent electoral slates or the fraudulent DOJ document? How about the fraudulent Electoral Defense Fund that was used to con $250 million from his supporters? Any opinion about the fact he knew the crowd was armed & dangerous before sending them off to show strength, fight like hell, and take back their country from a group of people he said were their enemy? This is all documented evidence and testimony under oath.

People don't even need to watch the hearings to believe every word from every witness - both in person and on the screen - was 100% accurate. They all swore an oath to only tell the whole truth about everything.

But I assume all liars and deniers had decided not to watch any of the hearings with the intent to understand why they are wrong.

This hearing isn't about the rioters. That is being dealt with. It is about the attempted coup. The rioters were only a small fraction of that.
Everyone who doesn't already understand this should watch the hearings beginning to end, and follow up on some of the good resources listed in this thread. What happened on Jan 6th was only a small, but dramatic event in a much larger effort.

Are you aware as to why "everything turned around for Biden overnight", or are you not aware of the explanation by the vote counters as to why this occurred, which was put out over just about every news outlet both before and after the votes were counted?
Oh, the excuse. Sure, like that explains it.

Personally, I want Trump supporters to acknowledge that Trump did a bad thing when he made false allegations of election fraud.
You guys don't even have to say it was illegal. Just say it was wrong, and let's work to make sure it doesn't happen again.
That's what I want.
There in lies the problem. So many problems in the election, from the drop boxes to the unconstitutional law changes, and you want some sort of apology because Trump, the actual candidate that suffered from it, called it out and wanted it investigated and fixed.

You guys don't give a crap. You don't want secure elections, you push for less secure elections, because they are easier to "manipulate". Oh, wait, black people aren't smart enough to get an ID, sure. You guys are so transparent and degusting.

Everyone who doesn't already understand this should watch the hearings beginning to end, and follow up on some of the good resources listed in this thread. What happened on Jan 6th was only a small, but dramatic event in a much larger effort.

You obviously never watched any of the hearings for even one minute. Everything Trump the Terrorist did before January 6 led up to it. That terrorist attack itself was the larger effort that he had been preparing for since 2015.

Here's some of the results of that questionable election for you...

From 'your' post# 7710 ---> "Oh, the excuse." ( singular ) Let's try again without the silly youtube deflection. What "excuse" are you referencing, 'specifically' in 'your' post# 7710? Or would you just rather toss in the white towel of surrender right here and now? Your call.

From 'your' post# 7710 ---> "Oh, the excuse." ( singular ) Let's try again without the silly youtube deflection. What "excuse" are you referencing, 'specifically' in 'your' post# 7710? Or would you just rather toss in the white towel of surrender right here and now? Your call.
You must be hard of reading or something.

That's what I want.
I do not consider myself a Trump supporter, but I am a conservative and a Republican. I do not believe the election was stolen, and I think Trump's behavior after losing was disgraceful. Happy now?

Mind you, I don't believe the statement that the 2020 election was the "most secure election ever" either.

Wow, you really crammed a ton of rhetoric into a short post! I don't have enough information to know who won, and likely never will. I woke up in the morning and saw that everything turned around for Biden, overnight. I knew something was wrong.
What a weak answer.

Try again.

I've watched most of it, I know the argument. As I said, I don't approve of what happened. Other than that, I'm not impressed. The people who rioted were arrested. What more do you want? Or is it all about getting Trump's head on a silver platter? I still think that is unlikely to happen.

I want trump barred from future office.

I don't think trump will ever see the inside of a jail but we are losing time as long he makes us think he is continually on the campaign trail. If he were no longer able to hold office, the GOP and FOX could be more willing to get to the issues and policies.

There in lies the problem. So many problems in the election, from the drop boxes to the unconstitutional law changes,

Whatever minor problems there were we know it wasn’t enough to possibly give Biden an undeserved

And you know a lot of the complaints were total bullshit.

And you know the vast majority of the changes were not unconstitutional.

and you want some sort of apology

No, just acknowledge what he did was wrong.

But you can’t even do that.

because Trump, the actual candidate that suffered from it, called it out and wanted it investigated and fixed.

He didn’t say, “Let’s make the elections more secure and let’s investigate these various claims.”

He said, and I’m paraphrasing, “The election was rigged. I won. I should be President, not the person who actually beat me.”

And THAT is what inspired people to engage in an insurrection. And Trump knew it was a lie but he did it anyway because he cares more about himself than he does the country.

You obviously never watched any of the hearings for even one minute. Everything Trump the Terrorist did before January 6 led up to it. That terrorist attack itself was the larger effort that he had been preparing for since 2015.
Whoa. You obviously have not read any of my posts in this thread and have mistaken me for a Trump supporter.

See my post #2332. And I add to the list of actions by Trump in that post the effort to solicit and have submitted to Pence alternate, illegal slates of voters from key states.

Whoa. You obviously have not read any of my posts in this thread and have mistaken me for a Trump supporter.

See my post #2332. And I add to the list of actions by Trump in that post the effort to solicit and have submitted to Pence alternate, illegal slates of voters from key states.

Your username screwed me up. EMNofSeattle is a Trumpist.

When I started this thread, I did not expect it to be 300 pages long by July.

Back
Top Bottom