• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:371]Twenty Generals Call for Coup Against Macron Warning of ‘Civil War’ and ‘Disintegration of France at Hands of Islamists’

By laughing at them, ridiculing them and being more critical of their behavior. They are not special.
Yes, yes, Samuel Paty... we remember, we love, we grieve.
Are you seriously going to fight radical Islam with satire?
And the fascists in 39 had to give flowers?

))) Neither my opinion nor your opinion in this matter is absolutely unimportant. The French will sort it out... well, or they won't figure it out.
It's up to them how to deal with the Muslmans.

Oh look, more meaningless sputtering.

And “muselmans”? What is this, 1810?

You can call my opinion whatever you want, hysteria, imaginary separatism... but there are facts.
Large groups of compactly living radical Muslmans are not satisfied with the French and measures are being taken against them.
I repeat, the French are not going to ask permission from anyone for repercussions against radical Muslemans.
In the United States, you are free to do whatever you want, allow the Muslims to introduce Sharia law, cut off the girls ' clit, legalize polygamy...

Remember this guy is a literal Stalin worshipper. He hates all of western history and tradition outside of his narrow, subjective, and every changing left wing conception of good.

Uh huh. Tell me how that works out for you.
Do you approve of Muslim attitudes and actions toward Gays. Jews, women, and those of other religions? The 'infidels'?

Do you approve of Muslim attitudes and actions toward Gays. Jews, women, and those of other religions? The 'infidels'?

Nope. Don't approve of any of the Abrahamic religions and their treatment towards women or homosexuals.

I guess to be fair, I've met plenty of individual exceptions, but as a whole, no.

Yes, yes, Samuel Paty... we remember, we love, we grieve.
Are you seriously going to fight radical Islam with satire?
And the fascists in 39 had to give flowers?
Satire? Flowers? Where are you getting this stuff?

Nope. Don't approve of any of the Abrahamic religions and their treatment towards women or homosexuals.

I guess to be fair, I've met plenty of individual exceptions, but as a whole, no.
Then shouldn't you speak out against it? And when the topic is Islam let's focus on that.

Then shouldn't you speak out against it? And when the topic is Islam let's focus on that.

I don't know exactly where you get the idea, but in general you don't get people to change their minds by mocking them about their beliefs, especially something as intrinsic as their culture and faith.

Remember this guy is a literal Stalin worshipper. He hates all of western history and tradition outside of his narrow, subjective, and every changing left wing conception of good.

Oh look, even more hysterics from you.

Evidence that I “worship Stalin”?

Evidence that I “hate all of western history and tradition”?

Your poutrage is just too funny 😂

Oh look, even more hysterics from you.

Evidence that I “worship Stalin”?

Evidence that I “hate all of western history and tradition”?

Your poutrage is just too funny 😂
Your posting history here speaks for itself.

Oh... and since when did Stalin become identified with the good?
I am not one of those who hate the leader of all nations, I treat history impartially, but even in my eyes he is a monster.

Satire? Flowers? Where are you getting this stuff?
You suggest making fun of radical Muslims... well, you say that you are suggesting stupidity. Where I gave you an analogy with flowers and fascists, that you will not defeat such people with these methods. Provoke, yes, but no more.

If you are a democracy and you welcome millions of citizens who don't support democracy, bad things might happen.

Well, General de Gaulle did express misgivings about the growing population in France of certain folks, who had come from Algeria. He even feared that some French towns would lose their French names!

I think those three values should be abolished and the Bourbons put back on the throne.

This is the stupidest comment I've read on this forum during my entire time posting on here.

A group of 20 former military generals from the armed forces of France have written an open letter warning that France could descend into civil war if certain dangerous forces and trends were not kept in check.

Retired military guys. So not remotely relevant then.

It doesn’t exist in Asian countries. Most attempts to claim transgenderism was taken seriously in ancient societies are misunderstandings or outright modern inventions (like when Canadian Indians say they’re “two spirit” that was invented from whole cloth in 1990)

As many other times, you have chosen to accept a rather limited understanding of the origin of the term "two-spirit". Yes, the term was adopted at a gathering of not only Canadian, but also American, First Nations people.

Now I'm gonna quote the Wiki page so obviously the words are crap but that's the way it is.

Two-Spirit
The term two spirit was adopted in English, and created in Ojibwe, in 1990 at the third annual Native American/First Nations gay and lesbian conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, as a replacement for berdache.

. . . historically, many "berdache/two-spirit" individuals held religious or spiritual roles, the term two-spirit creates a disconnection from the past. The terms used by other tribes currently and historically do not translate directly into the English form of two-spirit or the Ojibwe form of niizh manidoowag.

With over 500 surviving Native American cultures, attitudes about sex and gender can be diverse. Even with the modern adoption of pan-Indian terms like two-spirit, and the creation of a modern pan-Indian community around this naming, not all cultures will perceive two-spirits the same way, or welcome a pan-Indian term to replace the terms already in use by their cultures. Additionally, not all contemporary Indigenous communities are supportive of their gender-variant and non-heterosexual people now. In these communities, those looking for two-spirit community have sometimes faced oppression and rejection. While existing terminology in many nations shows historical acknowledgement of differing sexual orientations and gender expressions, members of some of these nations have also said that while variance was accepted, they never had separate or defined roles for these members of the community. Among the Indigenous communities that traditionally have roles for two-spirit people, specific terms in their own languages are used for the social and spiritual roles these individuals fulfill.

Another statement based on beliefs and not reality "It (transgenderism) doesn’t exist in Asian countries."

Transgender People in Asia
Transgender people*, along with the rest of LGBTQ+, are frequently depicted as inconsistent with “Asian values”. Yet transgenders have existed in Asia before the Western queer movement was popularised. Trans history is found in Asia’s history; they are reflected and involved in its mythologies, colonial records, rituals, and empires.
*As a disclaimer, calling them “transgender people” may be a misnomer, because it is based on a western language which they may not identify with. We have used “transgender” because it is the closest equivalent to describe these groups and is the term used in academic journals when discussing these groups.

from Wiki
Hijras are officially recognized as third gender in the Indian subcontinent, being considered neither completely male nor female. Hijras have a recorded history in the Indian subcontinent since antiquity, as suggested by the Kama Sutra.

As many other times, you have chosen to accept a rather limited understanding of the origin of the term "two-spirit". Yes, the term was adopted at a gathering of not only Canadian, but also American, First Nations people.

Now I'm gonna quote the Wiki page so obviously the words are crap but that's the way it is.
There is simply no evidence that the Indians believed in a third gender. This is something that a small group of political extremist within the Indian community invented in 1990. Out of whole cloth. I would be willing to bet that there was no such thing as gay lesbian or transgender Indians ever. In fact primitive African tribes people In recent times I have been interviewed about their sexual habits by European researchers, and the results are these people know nothing about homosexuality or masturbation.

No; the treaty of Tripoli is not supreme law of the land. Foreign treaties are not binding law without congressional legislation.

Plus even if it were, the treaty and not the history would be wrong
The Treaty of Tripoli was ratified by Congress and per the Constitution became part of The Supreme Law of the Land.

The Treaty of Tripoli was ratified by Congress and per the Constitution became part of The Supreme Law of the Land.
No it’s not.

First off the treaty was superseded and replaced with another one that didn’t contain that language, in addition the country it was made with no longer exists.

So the treaty itself doesn’t hold any legal force in contemporary America.

Treaties do not set the “Supreme law of the land” the Supreme Court in Reid v Covert held constitution remains the supreme law and treaties are only the law of the land provided they don’t contradict the constitution. So your assertion is wrong which would know if you bothered to check.

The version of the treaty provided to the Arabs did not contain article 11. Under the common law understanding of contracts the treaty was thus invalid as it contained different stipulations for each party and thus no meeting of the minds.

Plus there is no evidence that the Adams administration believed what was in article 11. Adams declared national days of prayer and fasting and proclaimed from his own mouth America was founded in Christian values.

Back
Top Bottom