• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:279]NHL 2021

Sorry to disappoint you, but would take a lot more than that for me to have a stroke. Credit where credit is due, I've been critical in the past of Islanders' fair weather fans but they were a big part of the Isles' come back overtime win last night - well done.

Tampa has gone 12-0 the last 12 times in the playoffs they've come off a loss, so unless something strange happens, I don't see Tampa losing game seven but the Isles have done themselves proud, regardless.
Those fans you’re talking about gave the NHL a good look after the game throwing garbage on the ice and hitting their own players.

Coach was an idiot to go back to Fleury rather than ride Lehner's hot hand win in game five - Lehner back in tonight and although Montreal has a storied history of seldom losing important games on their home ice, I still see Vegas winning, now in seven.
Your thoughts on this all-Canadian crew for back-to-back games??

How many times have we seen a team just pepper the opposing goalie and then with a breakaway the other team scores on their goalie.

Price was the reason Montreal is moving on.

How many times have we seen a team just pepper the opposing goalie and then with a breakaway the other team scores on their goalie.

Halfway to the CJ nightmare scenario. 😆

Playoff MVP, IMO.

Halfway to the CJ nightmare scenario. 😆
I'll end my contributions to this year's thread with my Abe Simpson old man yelling at clouds rant.

How fitting that in this god awful year of Covid the POS Montreal Canadiens are making it to the finals.

A far superior team in the first round, dominating them, inexplicably loses two key forwards and their best defenseman and then lays down and dies. In the opposite series, a far superior team, inexplicably loses four straight to a team that just a few days before couldn't win a game if their lives depended on it, and then loses four straight to the POS team. Conveniently, the French Canadian POS Prime Minister in Canada who's closed the border to baseball and basketball professional teams who, unsurprisingly, don't have teams in Montreal, suddenly decides it's acceptable to have professional hockey teams cross the border so they can play in Montreal. And let's allow fans in the building in Montreal even though we won't allow fans in any other city in Canada. What Covid??

In the other division, a far superior team, Colorado, inexplicably loses to the Golden Knights, a team manufactured by the worst Commissioner of any professional sport, but perhaps that explains a lot of their success. That team then conveniently reverts to form and loses to the POS Canadiens team. And now the arrogant asshole French Canadian fans have their team in the finals. But I suppose that might take their eye off their main goal in life of doing their best to destroy Canadian society.

But all will be forgotten if the arrogant assholes and their POS team loses, badly, in the finals.

I'll end my contributions to this year's thread with my Abe Simpson old man yelling at clouds rant.

How fitting that in this god awful year of Covid the POS Montreal Canadiens are making it to the finals.

A far superior team in the first round, dominating them, inexplicably loses two key forwards and their best defenseman and then lays down and dies. In the opposite series, a far superior team, inexplicably loses four straight to a team that just a few days before couldn't win a game if their lives depended on it, and then loses four straight to the POS team. Conveniently, the French Canadian POS Prime Minister in Canada who's closed the border to baseball and basketball professional teams who, unsurprisingly, don't have teams in Montreal, suddenly decides it's acceptable to have professional hockey teams cross the border so they can play in Montreal. And let's allow fans in the building in Montreal even though we won't allow fans in any other city in Canada. What Covid??

In the other division, a far superior team, Colorado, inexplicably loses to the Golden Knights, a team manufactured by the worst Commissioner of any professional sport, but perhaps that explains a lot of their success. That team then conveniently reverts to form and loses to the POS Canadiens team. And now the arrogant asshole French Canadian fans have their team in the finals. But I suppose that might take their eye off their main goal in life of doing their best to destroy Canadian society.

But all will be forgotten if the arrogant assholes and their POS team loses, badly, in the finals.
Gee, tell us how you REALLY feel. :ROFLMAO:

The results during Playoff hockey almost never align with the standings in the regular season.

To your bitter, moronic post, this series IS the de facto Stanley Cup. The winners of the other three semis are the B teams if you will, JV.
This didn't age well...

*sad trombone*

I realize you can't stand Quebec but I am more impressed with the Montreal players rather than what particular city they play for right now.

If you look at the roster there are only 4 members of the 36 man squad from Quebec. Only Four out of 36.

The main stars:
Carey Price - BC
Brendan Gallagher - BC
Shea Weber - BC
Nick Suzuki - Ontario
Eric Staal - Ontario
Corey Perry - Ontario
Artturi Lehkonen - Finland
Cole Caufield - Wisconsin
Joel Edmundson - Manitoba

Heck, Jon Merrill is from Oklahoma where I believe French speaking is illegal.

Not the only reason. After all, he has not scored, right? Need at least one goal to win.
If I had to name one reason why they are playing so well, I'd say that they are playing with a huge chip on their shoulders. They are unified, focussed and driven. hat is why they are kicking ass in the playoff.

Do you know why the Maple Laughs are so hated here in Ottawa? Because when the Sens were a great team, Toronto would come in our building and play like they were the best team in the world. A few times, the Laughs would eke into the playoffs and destroy the Sens who finished at the top. The following series, they'd get destroyed. So you know what? This is payback. Lord know the Laughs have done it countless times. Yet here you are whining about a team that should not have beaten yours.

GO HABS GO!!!!

the Laughs
I had never heard that before. Love it!

And while Price is not the only reason the Habs made it to the finals, he is far and away the largest. He has to be a lock for Conne Smythe.

And does anyone else think it is just cool that hockey awards are all known by who they are named after, and not what it is for?

And on that note, bring back the old division/conference names!

Do you know why the Maple Laughs are so hated here in Ottawa? Because when the Sens were a great team, Toronto would come in our building and play like they were the best team in the world. A few times, the Laughs would eke into the playoffs and destroy the Sens who finished at the top. The following series, they'd get destroyed. So you know what? This is payback. Lord know the Laughs have done it countless times. Yet here you are whining about a team that should not have beaten yours.

GO HABS GO!!!!
Fun fact- a hundred years ago the Ottawa Senators won the 1921 Stanley Cup, beating the Vancouver Millionaires in a best-of-five series.
They won lots of Cups in their first incarnation.

Not going to comment on Canadian politics but I will disagree that Colorado is far superior to Vegas. They had the same amount of points in the regular season and Vegas is better defensively. My only other observation is that in hockey it seems better to have a more balanced team than be top heavy with superstars. The isles basically traded Taveras for Uncle Leo and Martin and have excelled. Even without their best power play forward and captain Anders Lee.

Close game 7's are awesome!

Without a barrage of penalities this was one fast moving game. Just didn't think a 1-0 score would win. Kept thinking at the end one of the two teams had to make another score.

Congrats Tampa! Hoping for an EPIC final.

Back
Top Bottom