• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:247] If Kamala Harris becomes vice president, what happens to her Senate seat?

Not even close. Identity politics is a Dem party obsession. The GOP doesn't care what you are.
:lamo

Remind me how kind and gentle trump supporters are towards trans people, non-binary people, dark-skinned immigrants, Blacks who are murdered by police, etc. etc. etc.?

The best candidate is always a white, straight, Christian male. Everybody knows this. Once you choose one of those, there's NEVER a question as to his competency!!

Not even close. Republicans don't have identity politics checkboxes. That's a Dem thing.

Wait and see who Gavin picks should Harris become VP. My money's on another woman of color. It would almost have to be. Dems will not accept replacing a woman of color with anyone but another woman of color.

Smarter? she flunked the bar. Even with affirmative action and a father who was a professor at Stanford, she didn't get into the Top three law schools in California. Now a black female who failed to get into Stanford, UCLA and UC-B, must have had mediocre grades and a poor LSAT score. She also is both hard left and a statist/fascist. She worked hard to keep innocent people in jail and only three senators have a more leftwing voting record than her. Plus she used blow jobs to get important political appointments.

The more people know about her, the less they like her. The Democrat party debates proved that

Black female VP really gets under your skin, doesn't it?

Joe pre-declaring BEFORE HE EVEN MADE HIS PICK that only a woman of color would be considered is tokenism. Wrap your head around that.

We can quibble whether Harris is the best black female Biden could have picked, but that it's identity politics from start to finish in indisputable.

And (getting back to the thread topic), should Harris become the next VP, we will see if the pretty, pretty governor of California follows suit and picks another woman of color to replace Harris in the senate.

Guess what?

Nobody cares. :)

If i had a Senate seat, I'd keep it. I would not want to be VP or President. I'm not saying she made the wrong decision, only that those other jobs are not something that I'd want.

Guess what?

Nobody cares. :)

LOL. Racism is cool when it's your side doing it.

I wonder if Newsom is angry that he's a white male. With the right race and gender it could have been him a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Black female VP really gets under your skin, doesn't it?

nope, its just funny watching Democrats pretend that race and gender was not the only reason for her selection. But then again, the Democrat Party is the Party of racial quotas.

nope, its just funny watching Democrats pretend that race and gender was not the only reason for her selection. But then again, the Democrat Party is the Party of racial quotas.

When we want your input on our decision making process, you'll be the first to know.

LOL. Racism is cool when it's your side doing it.

I wonder if Newsom is angry that he's a white male. With the right race and gender it could have been him a heartbeat away from the presidency.

You should join the proud boys. They will hold your hand and dry your tears.

When we want your input on our decision making process, you'll be the first to know.

ah pretense of mattering. You had no say in the decision.

You should join the proud boys. They will hold your hand and dry your tears.

you should be joining your antifa fellow travelers in the streets.

you should be joining your antifa fellow travelers in the streets.

We haven't had any antifa problems here.

Our old mayor cleaned up the force some years ago, and we don't have a habit of killing brown folks for ****s & giggles.

You guys should try that.

ah pretense of mattering. You had no say in the decision.

Yeah, we had this thing called a "primary". You may have heard of the term.

Doesn't a Yale guy feel stupid writing like an illiterate?

Why was Pence selected? Because he's a fake evangelical and could bring them along with Trump. So that, that he's a white guy, and that he'd be a reliable Trump sycophantic ass-kisser for four years was the only reason he was selected. :shrug:

We haven't had any antifa problems here.

Our old mayor cleaned up the force some years ago, and we don't have a habit of killing brown folks for ****s & giggles.

You guys should try that.

I don't think there has been any blacks killed in the city I have lived in for 25 years now.

Doesn't a Yale guy feel stupid writing like an illiterate?

Why was Pence selected? Because he's a fake evangelical and could bring them along with Trump. So that, that he's a white guy, and that he'd be a reliable Trump sycophantic ass-kisser for four years was the only reason he was selected. :shrug:
Why was Harris selected?

Yeah, we had this thing called a "primary". You may have heard of the term.

There was a vote for the VP candidate? News to me

It's sarcasm, but not without a grain of truth. Dems care more about checking the right AA race and gender boxes than choosing the best candidate based on merit.

Democrats don't assume that merit means being a white male.

I'm not. I want Newsom to pick the best person for the job, regardless of race or gender.

Google the word 'meritocracy', then google "identity politics" if you want to understand my argument.

If Newsome picks a woman of color, you will assume that she is less qualified. That's what we call "racism".

She's a token, chosen mostly because Biden promised a woman of color. She's not even the best woman of color he could have picked. Susan Rice would have been a better choice.

Harris wouldn't even have made the short list in a truly meritocratic contest.

Susan Rice has excellent expertise in intelligence and diplomacy, but Biden needs a skilled politician. That's why he chose Harris. He also needs her presecutorial skills against Trump, as she has already demonstrated. Excellent pick.

Back
Top Bottom