• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:247] If Kamala Harris becomes vice president, what happens to her Senate seat?

Conservatives get chastised for unfairly calling out what Democrats do.

If A) Biden wins and B) Newsom picks a woman of color to fill Harris' seat, you may expect a huge "I told you so!" :2wave:

So, you automatically think a woman of color can be the best candidate or qualified for the job.

Damn. Just damn.

FWIW, Barbara Lee is damned qualified....she is my representative. California would be damned lucky to have her in the Senate. But I would prefer to keep her in my district. Your insinuating that her color and sex would prove some asinine point of yours makes you look like racist and misogynistic.

Funny. Obama did nothing on guns. Trump bankrupted the NRA. People stopped paying them now that they think their guns are safe.

Trump winning allowed us shooters to benefit from all sorts of discounts. Obama did lots on guns by appointing gun hating judges -such as Sotomayor

Trump winning allowed us shooters to benefit from all sorts of discounts. Obama did lots on guns by appointing gun hating judges -such as Sotomayor

:roll:

If A) Biden wins and B) Newsom picks a woman of color to fill Harris' seat, you may expect a huge "I told you so!" :2wave:

You clearly are implying that a woman of color would automatically not be qualified for the job.

If you do not want to appear racist and misogynistic.....you are doing a poor job.

You clearly are implying that a woman of color would automatically not be qualified for the job.

If you do not want to appear racist and misogynistic.....you are doing a poor job.

I'm not implying that at all. You are jumping to a conclusion. Probably through deliberate ignorance and a weird need to play some lame race-card and paint anyone who you disagree with as a racist or misogynist.

I am implying that Newsom will only consider a woman of color for the job. Not the same thing at all.

If A) Biden wins and B) Newsom picks a woman of color to fill Harris' seat, you may expect a huge "I told you so!"
:2wave:

I'm not implying that at all. You are jumping to a conclusion. Probably through deliberate ignorance and a weird need to play some lame race-card and paint anyone who you disagree with as a racist or misogynist.

I am implying that Newsom will only consider a woman of color for the job. Not the same thing at all.

And to YOU evidence of this is him picking a woman of color.

There are many qualified people to fill that seat. And yes there women of color that are well qualified for that position.

This is Newsom's first term. If he does not pick someone that is truly qualified for the job....it will be the voters job to let him know.

Or he could pull a Blago and hope President Biden commutes his sentence or pardons him.

throwing the race card seems to be a pavlovian reaction by the left

And to YOU evidence of this is him picking a woman of color.

There are many qualified people to fill that seat. And yes there women of color that are well qualified for that position.

This is Newsom's first term. If he does not pick someone that is truly qualified for the job....it will be the voters job to let him know.

Or he could pull a Blago and hope President Biden commutes his sentence or pardons him.

We will see who Newsom picks. Assuming Biden wins.

The chances that Newsom would face a serious challenger in 2022 no matter who he picks is pretty much nil. California is a one-party state and the Dem machine is grooming Newsom for bigger things. It's not a coincidence that Newsom was the penultimate speaker at the DNC.

And you seem to automatically equate merit with "white".

How did you infer he " automatically equates merit with "white", from " It's sarcasm, but not without a grain of truth. Dems care more about checking the right AA race and gender boxes than choosing the best candidate based on merit."

Biden based his choice on race and gender. He said he would be choosing a woman, and when a bunch of black activists told him that she better be black, in a letter, he did just that. Those are just facts. Equating merit with "white" is your own inference. No?

And you seem to automatically equate merit with "white".

Most people do with teeth or wedding dresses but I would hope it ends there. Its an over-rated colour. It stains easily.

It is silly to say anyone on this thread is throwing the race card given race is central to the point of the OP.

Yeah....nothing like the racist card being thrown by the right. There are a number of women of color in this state that would have the length and depth of experience needed for the senate seat, Throwing it out there that it would be an "I told you so" indicates to be that he should not pick a woman of color no matter what her length and depth of service,

Or Newsom could do a Blago and give the seat to the highest bidder and get the POTUS to communte his sentence.

They’re completely unself-aware anymore. I blame right wing media. It used to serve as a means to broadcast propaganda outward to those who don’t already buy in. Now it’s just a bubble that spits back all of their fantasies about how the country works and what they support.

The idea that Trump supports limited government...HAHAHAHHAHA

trump supports trump. It's all about Trump

Here is some butthurt.

[video]https://v.maga.host/WJzJSWe.mp4[/video]

I am curious.....I get the history.....but when you hear about KKK and white nationalists and such.....who do you think they are voting for now?

My money would be on London Breed, Karen Bass or Barbara Lee. A Dem governor can't replace a woman of of color by anyone except another woman of color. They're interchangeable, y'know.

Whoever gets the nod, she'll pretty much have a lifetime gig. California doesn't get much turnover in Senate seats.

Well, since it's Calif her seat just goes to another Dim?

Moderator's Warning:
Ahem, let's stick to the topic. The topic isn't Bush, Obama or Jews.

My money would be on London Breed, Karen Bass or Barbara Lee. A Dem governor can't replace a woman of of color by anyone except another woman of color. They're interchangeable, y'know.

Whoever gets the nod, she'll pretty much have a lifetime gig. California doesn't get much turnover in Senate seats.

Old 'Pencilneck' is at this very minute is more than likely campaigning for the position. He's the brightest of all mentioned but will do
the most damage if awarded the senate seat.

Back
Top Bottom