• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:#243) Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died

Are you sure? The facts don't seem to support you.
Being contagious only 1 day before symptoms show is much different from covid. A covid infected person can spread it 3 or 4 days before symptoms or for a week or more and never get symptoms. Masks do help prevent spread of the flu just not nearly to the extent that they do for covid.

Having been infected and having the antibodies to the virus isn't exactly losing. Risky way to be a winner? Sure. But ya see a lot of people didn't have a choice; the vaccine wasn't available.
Tell that to the many "long haulers" who suffer symptoms for months and the athletes that get heart problems from mild cases and can't compete. They sure don't feel like winners. The vaccine changed everything for most of us, but the losers are always going to lose. Those who think the vaccine is "risky" don't have a clue either.

Being contagious only 1 day before symptoms show is much different from covid. A covid infected person can spread it 3 or 4 days before symptoms or for a week or more and never get symptoms. Masks do help prevent spread of the flu just not nearly to the extent that they do for covid.
You're only speaking of degrees. I'm not arguing that the flu is more contagious than covid or that it's more dangerous. I only corrected your understanding of when it became contagious. What data do you have to support your latest claim? I happen to believe flu cases have been down because of masks (and more hygiene awareness).

I'd say that kind of crap is quite a bit beyond a mere Darwin Award. You can't spend decades going "**** your feelings" and "pwn the libturds at all costs!" to straight-up killing people with your COVID disinfo and CTs about the *real* reason people wanted mask mandates to "waaaaah, how dare eco and Luce make fun of some dipshit who killed themselves with fish cleaner to own the libs" and the like.

Over a thousand posts in this thread, and I guarantee you not one trumper has had a good comeback to that.

Tell that to the many "long haulers" who suffer symptoms for months and the athletes that get heart problems from mild cases and can't compete. They sure don't feel like winners. The vaccine changed everything for most of us, but the losers are always going to lose. Those who think the vaccine is "risky" don't have a clue either.
Life is a risk. I don't care to play the numbers game but of the over 4 million cases how many do you suppose are going to be suffering for the rest of their lives? Toss out a guess and I'll do the research for you, again.

R0 is an intrinsic property of the virus in a given environment. In this case, R0 represents the potential of Delta to spread in a completely naive population. This is a function over time t. As immunity grows, Rt becomes less than R0 approaching 1 or less. The R0 of 8 is not a faulty assumption in value or definition, it's the figure and definition given by the WHO.
Right. Initially you started with r0 and an immune population .
Rt is over time
With vaccination it can achieve less than one and the virus van eventually die out.
With vaccination the factor is time..
So yes the vaccine can get rid of the variant over time.

The above backs up my opinion rather well, now doesn't it?

You're welcome. :)
Holy crap, that's pathetic. It gives the numbers, it doesnt examine the reason :rolleyes: Your claim was about disputing politics being the main reason for being anti-vaxx. Your own source shows it's political. And it doesnt address reasons for minorities *sigh* My sources did.

Right. Initially you started with r0 and an immune population .
Rt is over time
With vaccination it can achieve less than one and the virus van eventually die out.
With vaccination the factor is time..
So yes the vaccine can get rid of the variant over time.
You are correct, I did start my point with the R0 value, but I did and do realize that Rt is changing over time.

I still must impress upon you that the value of Rt can be calculated from the protection against infection percentage and R0. As a hypothetical, if everyone was fully vaxxed at 70% effective protection against infection, and an R0 of 8, the resulting Rt will still be greater than 1, meaning spreading persists.

I feel like we keep circling that point. Now, in reality, Delta keeps spreading, killing some but thises who survive become immune, so in effect Rt keeps approaching 1, that is true. But as a hypothetical, the current two dose vaccines couldn't get us there completely, even with full coverage.

It might not matter anyway, it seems like the Delta wave is calming is certain states. Let's hope it continues to decline.

Life is a risk. I don't care to play the numbers game but of the over 4 million cases how many do you suppose are going to be suffering for the rest of their lives? Toss out a guess and I'll do the research for you, again.
No one knows. That is the thing about covid that many seem to forget. It is not like any other virus known. You can't research data that does not exist and will not exist for decades. We understand how the covid vaccine works far better than how covid attacks our body. We still don't fully understand why or how it attacks our sense of smell so quickly but since the symptoms are so readily apparent we at least know that covid is affecting it. What other damage it may do is not known and may not be known for many years. So it is getting covid that is being a guinea pig not getting the vaccine. Why anyone would want to be an guinea pig for a unknown virus instead of taking a fully vetted and tested vaccine is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
So much fun? Yup - nothing to do with getting people to vaccinate.
you are correct - at least as far as I'm concerned. I don't want you to get vaccinated. I don't want any of you anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated. I figure eventually the average intelligence of the planet will increase the longer the anti-vax movement goes on. Dying to own the libs is a terrific idea.

you are correct - at least as far as I'm concerned. I don't want you to get vaccinated. I don't want any of you anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated. I figure eventually the average intelligence of the planet will increase the longer the anti-vax movement goes on. Dying to own the libs is a terrific idea.
As expected from the left - nothing but hatred.

Who are "they?" Antivaxers?
"They" are the people who continued to work even when there was no vaccine available - just to keep you and yours in supplies. "They" are the people who look around and see the recovery rate of Covid. Is by far - by WAY far - more than the fatality rate. "They" feel like they made it through all that just fine so just maybe "they" don't need a vaccine.
"Them" are the people that are being wished dead.
Which is a typical left move. So much easier to want them dead instead of trying any form of outreach to " them" .
It's clearly apparent - all this isn't about wanting anyone to vaccinate - it's just a justification to put on the elementary school bully pants and hit the playground.

"They" are the people who continued to work even when there was no vaccine available - just to keep you and yours in supplies. "They" are the people who look around and see the recovery rate of Covid. Is by far - by WAY far - more than the fatality rate. "They" feel like they made it through all that just fine so just maybe "they" don't need a vaccine.
Which is a typical left move. So much easier to want them dead instead of trying any form of outreach to " them" .
It's clearly apparent - all this isn't about wanting anyone to vaccinate - it's just a justification to put on the elementary school bully pants and hit the playground.
You made all of that up. You have no idea what millions of people "feel."

You made all of that up. You have no idea what millions of people "feel."
Then by all means - continue to denigrate them. It's not about them anymore anyway. At this point, It's about nothing more than the attempt to justify bullying.

I think making fun of someone who has died is inhumane, even if they're a victim of their own ignorance and stupid advice.

"But ultimately, no matter how vile the target of the memes are and no matter how tempting it is to participate in the schadenfreude, it is an unhelpful distraction that represents a dark reality: we're okay with how many people are dying from COVID-19.

Before I go any further, let me say that this is not an argument for empathy for those who are fiercely anti-vaccine or an attempt to try to understand their perspective. Nor is this an argument to persuade anti-vaccine advocates. Some of them have unfortunately gone down a destructive rabbit hole that even their loved ones find it difficult to help them out of quickly. Being nicer won't necessarily change that, but neither does making fun of them after they have died."

I've never made fun of their death but have consistently defended their right to die how they choose, even if it unnecessary.

Then by all means - continue to denigrate them. It's not about them anymore anyway. At this point, It's about nothing more than the attempt to justify bullying.
That has nothing to do with what I posted.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.
But it has everything to do with the real issue. It's not an issue of not believing - it's just not caring. There's a whole lot of that going on out there.

I've never made fun of their death but have consistently defended their right to die how they choose, even if it unnecessary.
I must be tired - usually I like a good snark.

But it has everything to do with the real issue. It's not an issue of not believing - it's just not caring. There's a whole lot of that going on out there.
I'm only responsible for what I post.. not whatever machinations are going on in your mind.

I think making fun of someone who has died is inhumane, even if they're a victim of their own ignorance and stupid advice.

"But ultimately, no matter how vile the target of the memes are and no matter how tempting it is to participate in the schadenfreude, it is an unhelpful distraction that represents a dark reality: we're okay with how many people are dying from COVID-19.

Before I go any further, let me say that this is not an argument for empathy for those who are fiercely anti-vaccine or an attempt to try to understand their perspective. Nor is this an argument to persuade anti-vaccine advocates. Some of them have unfortunately gone down a destructive rabbit hole that even their loved ones find it difficult to help them out of quickly. Being nicer won't necessarily change that, but neither does making fun of them after they have died."
Being nicer? That would imply there's an element of "nice" in there already. Nope - the mandaters are devoid of any "nice".

I think those who fall victim to their own stupidity deserve to be made fun of. I have yet to see a single reason not to get vaccinated unless you have some kind of really weird immuno something or other. All the others who refuse to get vaccinated, I could not care less if they kicked the bucket, the sooner the better for then they can't infect others. Hundreds of millions of vaccines have been taken around the world, no microchips, no lizard dna, no aborted baby cells and no reports of negative mass side effects which leads me to believe those who refuse to get vaccinated are for political reasons not health reasons. I should care if the people who refuse to get vaccinated and are giving me the middle finger in the process die? I don't.

Today's anti-vaxxers are not those who nobly continued to work. They were the ones that bitched about low supplies and hoarded toilet paper. Today's anti-vexers have never been public spirited, willing to mask and social distance. Right from the git go they were the complainers that their freedoms were being trampled on. And outreach was rebuffed every time cooperation was suggested. Anyway it looks like your school district is requiring masks and vaccination and that the hair across your ass not political cartoons about the hospitals being overwhelmed by dying anti-vaxxers.

Back
Top Bottom