• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:#243) Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died

Lursa: Only if they're stupid, like we're writing. The mandate changed because the course of the virus changed, with Delta.*

If you are saying that people are too stupid to understand that...and that simply changing back to wearing masks or vice versa...is too much for them...emotionally? Intellectually? Is that what you're claiming?

*The dates make it clear. In May we were told we could start relaxing mask mandates, for ex, because the entire population was finally eligible for vaccination and the trend was people were getting vaccinated. Infection rates were going down. In late June/July, Delta's rise in numbers changed the infection rates and virus dynamics with vaccination...and for safety, recommendations were to go back to masks. Is this really hard to understand? Or, is it some nefarious plot by the Biden administration? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING!!!!!!!! 😱😱Why would they make this up?

Humans are supposed to be extremely adaptable. What's the excuse?

Most people don't live for discussing these topics. They hear sound bites that stick with them. Does that make them stupid? Probably no more than a lot of people who don't know what the three branches of government are and what their function is.
Yes. It's a deadly virus. So...people of normal intelligence...and even the mentally challenged and learning disabled...all manage to find out how to protect themselves. They have doctors, they can read...but hey...maybe it's THEIR CHOICE in what they read or who they listen to that makes them stupid, eh?

I notice you completely ignored the facts in my post, why is that? You agree then and understand it better now, right?

What are you talking about? Nobody ever said "breakthrough cases are impossible."

Please elaborate on what big point you think you are making. Are you operating on some kind of absolutist basis? Because nobody ever claimed the risk for the virus would go to zero.
If the knowledge of breakthrough cases was known then why tell people they could take off their masks if they got vaccinated? Vaccinated people can still be carriers and infect others -- you know -- by sneezing on them. It was a selling point to get people to get vaccinated. Some people have decided they were being sold a lie.

????? Your last post you argued "neither of those possibilities are enough to even be worried about. He is much more likely to be involved in a car accident or be stuck by lightning." Now you are arguing to be afraid.

Odd that you'd be afraid of him being hospitalized from COVID, not the three times more liklihood of being hospitalized with myocarditis or pericarditis
Most of the extremely rare cases of heart problems do not even need hospitalization. Drugs and rest take care of it in a day or 2. Not so with covid. Many suffer for months and months with side effects from being infected and we do not even know what all the long term effects may be yet. That is what we should be worried about,

Prevalence of Inflammatory Heart Disease Among Professional Athletes With Prior COVID-19 Infection Who Received Systematic Return-to-Play Cardiac Screening​

Among the general population, a high prevalence of cardiac injury has been observed in patients hospitalized with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 viral infection.1 However, current data are sparse regarding the overall prevalence of adverse cardiovascular pathology associated with systemic coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) illness or the extent to which occult myocardial injury may occur after asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases of prior COVID-19 infection.2-4 Among athletes, defining COVID-19–associated cardiac injury, particularly myocarditis, and distinguishing potential COVID-19–associated cardiac pathology from athletic cardiac adaptation has not yet been fully established.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2777308

The initial data did not show a significant number of breakthrough cases where there was enough virus to make the infected contagious. Delta changed that and the masking advice with it. Infectious disease science is all based on data. There is no other motive but to use data to give the best advice possible. Data never lies but situations can change the data. That is life. The frustratingly stupid thing is all the fuss the snowflakes make about wearing masks. Next will be that wearing shoes is making my feet sweat.
So scientists weren't aware of virus mutations. Seriously?

Vaccine hesitate people are listening. When they are told to get vaccinated so they can do away with masks only to hear later that mask mandates even for the vaccinated is returning, you don't think they are justified in being skeptical?
boo ****ing hoo for them. People CAN still get infected even if they are vaxxed. thats why we still mask

Only if they're stupid, like we're writing. The mandate changed because the course of the virus changed, with Delta.*

If you are saying that people are too stupid to understand that...and that simply changing back to wearing masks or vice versa...is too much for them...emotionally? Intellectually? Is that what you're claiming?

*The dates make it clear. In May we were told we could start relaxing mask mandates, for ex, because the entire population was finally eligible for vaccination and the trend was people were getting vaccinated. Infection rates were going down. In late June/July, Delta's rise in numbers changed the infection rates and virus dynamics with vaccination...and for safety, recommendations were to go back to masks. Is this really hard to understand? Or, is it some nefarious plot by the Biden administration? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING!!!!!!!! 😱😱Why would they make this up?

Humans are supposed to be extremely adaptable. What's the excuse?

If the knowledge of breakthrough cases was known then why tell people they could take off their masks if they got vaccinated? Vaccinated people can still be carriers and infect others -- you know -- by sneezing on them. It was a selling point to get people to get vaccinated. Some people have decided they were being sold a lie.
Source that they knew of a significant or unusual rate of 'breakthrough' infections before Delta?

And no vaccine works 100% so there are always some breakthrough cases.

Do...do you think that all these decisions are made based on a threshold of zero risk?

No scientists are not clairvoyant and do not have data on the things that do not yet exist. That is news to you? Again why is it so important to you that they do not change their advice? Are you that resistant to change? You must have a lot of problems in today's society with that affliction. Things change quickly in the world now and you need to get used to that or suffer the consequences.

Then I don't understand your complaint.

Saying "you can take your mask off" is not saying "because there's no risk of breakthrough infection."

So, you're gonna have to elaborate.

Nope.

Well, yea, that was my point.
The point was that the data from breakthrough cases showed that they did not have enough virus to spread it. Then Delta came along with 1000 times the number of virus as the others.

Well, yea, that was my point.
Nobody has ever suggested vaccines provide 100% protection, so any argument you make on this basis is your error and nobody else's.

Scientists weren't aware of virus mutations that hadn't happened yet, no.

Seriously? You don't know how time works?

That was only a "selling point" to the covidiots who think wearing a mask is some sort of torture. It's not. What IS torture is getting a severe case of covid which the unvaccinated are 29 times more likely to get than if you are vaccinated. If that is not enough of a selling point I don't know what is.

Then I don't understand your complaint.

Saying "you can take your mask off" is not saying "because there's no risk of breakthrough infection."

So, you're gonna have to elaborate.
It's not myself that I'm speaking of. It's what the antivaxxers are looking at and hearing from the "experts". If you want to know what's driving their decisions you have to try to get inside their heads. The message has been muddied and you find it unusual that those hearing a confused message wouldn't/shouldn't be hesitant? Add to the picture those who just want to attack them for making life difficult for them and that's a recipe for more resistant, not compliance.

That was only a "selling point" to the covidiots who think wearing a mask is some sort of torture. It's not. What IS torture is getting a severe case of covid which the unvaccinated are 29 times more likely to get than if you are vaccinated. If that is not enough of a selling point I don't know what is.
Try talking to healthcare workers who have to wear them all day long and let me know how they feel about them. The ones I spoke with aren't thrilled about having to wear them all day long.

Try talking to healthcare workers who have to wear them all day long and let me know how they feel about them. The ones I spoke with aren't thrilled about having to wear them all day long.
LOL They should have picked a different profession then. That is like airline pilots complaining about take-offs and landings. If you had to choose between wearing a mask and being on a ventilator for covid do you still think that is a tough choice?

LOL They should have picked a different profession then. That is like airline pilots complaining about take-offs and landings.
Nothing like this has happened in recent times. I don't even remember my PCP wearing a mask every time he/she saw me until covid came on the scene. This has become the new normal but that doesn't mean people should be happy about it.

It's not myself that I'm speaking of. It's what the antivaxxers are looking at and hearing from the "experts". If you want to know what's driving their decisions you have to try to get inside their heads. The message has been muddied and you find it unusual that those hearing a confused message wouldn't/shouldn't be hesitant? Add to the picture those who just want to attack them for making life difficult for them and that's a recipe for more resistant, not compliance.
Beng unvaccinated makes you 29 times more likely to be hospitalized for covid. Isn't that enough reason to get vaccinated? Mask are not even worth talking about. It is not sciences fault if you are being befuddled by change. That is your own fault. Change is part of life....get used to it. The only "attacks" we are making is a result of not understanding how people would want to be suffocating and hospitalized for a preventable disease. Explain that to me.

Beng unvaccinated makes you 29 times more likely to be hospitalized for covid. Isn't that enough reason to get vaccinated? Mask are not even worth talking about. It is not sciences fault if you are being befuddled by change. That is your own fault. Change is part of life....get used to it.
I'm not the one needing convincing. Change is easy for me personally but we're talking about those who don't want to change and whether ridiculing them will bring about a change of heart. I doubt it will, but if you're convinced this will be effective then knock yourself out with the approach.

Over 650,000 in your country didn't do 'just fine', and I strongly suspect many of those who died were of a similar 'it's my choice' mindset. Vaccine mandates with real repercussions for the refusers can't come soon enough.

What would you have done to them? What kind of repercussions are you talking about?

The words I used were healthy babies. Don't you bother to read beyond the first word of a post?

It's very rare that healthy babies die.

Can newborns and babies get COVID-19?​

It appears that women infected with the coronavirus can, in very rare cases, pass the disease to her baby. Infants can also become infected shortly after being born. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), most newborns who test positive for the coronavirus have mild symptoms or none at all, and recover, but serious cases have occurred. Pregnant women should take extra precautions, including talking to your doctor about getting a COVID-19 vaccine, to avoid the coronavirus.

Back
Top Bottom