• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2221][W: 821] [W:15] Rittenhouse Verdict

to requote myself, at least there is still a case for self defense in this country.

However, as I mentioned elsewhere, I hope he learned a lesson about trying to help and getting involved. Its not worth it. But he's been punished enough for his bad judgement as his life is likely ruined.

As I said on one of the many other threads, my fear is that future vigilates are going to look at this case, fail to see its finer points, and think that they can get away with killing rioters as they please.
that is a valid concern, but I would put forth 2 points....

1) you cannot indiscriminately make an example out of someone because you fear such things... that is not justice for the defendant.

2) IF they do so and do so illegally, they will be prosecuted and serve as a warning to others who would do so.

As I said on one of the many other threads, my fear is that future vigilates are going to look at this case, fail to see its finer points, and think that they can get away with killing rioters as they please.

Better than burning a kid as a peace offering to the same violent mob of vigilantes.

It was political. We all know it. How much will Biden’s comments cost us taxpayers?

Biden will resort to saying, "Folks, It's all freeeeeeee."

Precisely what I mean. Someone somewhere is going to be hoping for a riot so they can be the next Rittenhouse.

They don't realize that every case is unique.
Remember there is another very similar case, Ahmad Aubury, still to be decided. Let's see how that comes out.

I didn't watch the trial so I can't say I know all the details. All I know if you go looking for trouble, which going to a riot with a gun is, trouble is going to find you and he's lucky he was able to get enough money for a good defense team and an understanding judge.

Next, he's going to sue CNN, MSNBC, and dozens of other media outlets for defamation. He's going to make tens of millions.

He should sue Joe Biden as well.

Far more money than even Nick Sandmann got from CNN.

Rightfully so. This was a farce from the beginning and frankly I think the competence of the prosecution is seriously in doubt. You cannot possinly look at the actual videos of the events and claim those were anything other than self defense-not unless you are starting with extreme bias (and yes..I acknowledge the pro-acquitattal side has bias...but the facts support that position). You may fairly and absolutely have differening opinions on the legality of his possession of the firearm or even the wisdom of his decision to go to Kenosha that night. But this should have never landed in a courtroom.

It was political. We all know it. How much will Biden’s comments cost us taxpayers?
It is fairly standard to bring self defense cases to court. Cases much more clear cut than this one have been taken to court.

Care to substantiate that this case was an outlier and was only taken to court because of politics?

Precisely what I mean. Someone somewhere is going to be hoping for a riot so they can be the next Rittenhouse.

They don't realize that every case is unique.
I just hope anyone that thinks rioting is a good idea thinks before they leave the house and place themselves in danger.

I'm glad the jury ruled that violent mobs aren't allowed to rule the streets with impunity and then attack people who dare to stop their path of destruction.

That isn’t what the jury ruled.

The jury whitewashed this guy,

Only in a very very sick and dangerous world, would a parent transport an armed teenager across state lies to “provide protection” to no one in particular.

What’s more disgusting are the people who defend this sort of irresponsible vigalantism,

No the judge was trash period.

And yeah he defended himself because he put himself in that situation carrying an illegal gun on his person over state lines.

that is a valid concern, but I would put forth 2 points....

1) you cannot indiscriminately make an example out of someone because you fear such things... that is not justice for the defendant.

2) IF they do so and do so illegally, they will be prosecuted and serve as a warning to others who would do so.

Point #1 is understandable, but #2 is no guarantee. Future vigilantes will be studying this case for years to see what they can get away with and how.

Our points can coexist.

The trial was useful in finally doing the media's job for them in reporting the reprobate, career criminal lives of the average marxist looter/rioter that makes up these " peaceful protests .
Drug abusers, convicted felons, armed robbers, women beaters , child rapists .
If they conduct yet another, " peaceful protest " in response to the verdict now you know the immoral character of these people .

I am legitimacy surprised, not with the top charge as I assumed Rittenhouse would walk from that one but with all charges that is something.

While I am very interested to hear from members of the jury if they wish to engage the media I can only conclude the results are a mash of the judge, politics in this nation today, the skill of the defense, and the bumbling mess the prosecution did with this case.

District attorney lawyers handling this case should probably polish up the ole res after this mess.

Remember there is another very similar case, Ahmad Aubury, still to be decided. Let's see how that comes out.
What is similar about the two shootings?

I'm glad that the jury didn't succumb to MSNBC's and the rest of the left's intimidation tactics.
Police are investigating after a person claiming to be affiliated with a national media outlet was suspected of trying to photograph jurors in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial Wednesday night.​
Kenosha police said they took a man into custody briefly and issued him several "traffic related citations," but noted that "there was no breach of security regarding the jury, nor were there any photographs obtained."​
Judge Bruce Schroeder addressed the incident in court Thursday, saying a man identifying himself as a producer with MSNBC was following a bus carrying jurors.​

Judge should have sequestered the jury for the entirety of the trial to have avoided this completely.

He probably works for Project Veritas. They wound’t be above lying about who they really are. In fact, they make a practice of it.

Hardly a surprise given how sympathetic the judge was.
While some of the judge's actions were certainly strange to me, and I've listened to a few legal experts who criticized them too, I wouldn't suggest that a different judge would have produced a different result concerning the homicide charges.

Back
Top Bottom