• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 206] [W:97]Good guy with a gun

Re: [W:97]Good guy with a gun

What crime will registration prevent?

The Vegas shooters guns were IIRC registered. Same with the Sandy Hook shooting. The VT shooting. The San Bernardino shooting...

All those registrations did nothing.

gun banners want registration to facilitate confiscation.

No.

But thats what you tell yourself.

are you claiming you don't want registration for confiscatory purposes? I don't care, even if you are truthful, because the big gun banning groups certainly do. We also know that CRIMINALS cannot be prosecuted for ignoring registration laws. So why do gun haters want a law that doesn't even apply to criminals? Because harassing lawful gun owners is their main goal.

There is no legitimate reason to register firearms from a crime fighting standpoint.

are you claiming you don't want registration for confiscatory purposes? I don't care, even if you are truthful, because the big gun banning groups certainly do. We also know that CRIMINALS cannot be prosecuted for ignoring registration laws. So why do gun haters want a law that doesn't even apply to criminals? Because harassing lawful gun owners is their main goal.

There is no legitimate reason to register firearms from a crime fighting standpoint.

Really? Everyone who advocates gun registration wants to confiscate your guns?

That’s a strange fantasy.

Unless you mean making sure felons who have a gun registered to them are no longer allowed to own that gun, and need to account for its whereabouts.

Weird. You’d think with the time you spend on this issue, you’d know the pros and cons already.

Please dont bother to chime in until you get educated on the issues.

Licensing | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
First, the snark tells me you know the link is BS.

Second, looking for a fair, unbiased viewpoint from the Giffords Law Center about guns is as wrong as expecting to read a fair, unbiased viewpoint about Jews on David Duke’s website.

Example; it pushes the same tired meme about “gun violence, claiming over 30,000 lives annually” but not only is slow to point out that 2/3s of those deaths are suicides but implies a few times that simply buying a handgun leads people to suicide.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/facts/statistics/
The United States experiences epidemic levels of gun violence, claiming over 30,000 lives annually, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

First, the snark tells me you know the link is BS.

Second, looking for a fair, unbiased viewpoint from the Giffords Law Center about guns is as wrong as expecting to read a fair, unbiased viewpoint about Jews on David Duke’s website.

Example; it pushes the same tired meme about “gun violence, claiming over 30,000 lives annually” but not only is slow to point out that 2/3s of those deaths are suicides but implies a few times that simply buying a handgun leads people to suicide.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/facts/statistics/
The United States experiences epidemic levels of gun violence, claiming over 30,000 lives annually, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Yes. I posted a BS site because you just have amazing arguments.

"Here, read this"

No thank you.

I asked you.

You obviously have no answer.

Given that I’ve asked you nothing, and you obviously don’t want to know anything that conflicts with your predetermined beliefs, you’re welcome to exit the thread now.

Given that I’ve asked you nothing, and you obviously don’t want to know anything that conflicts with your predetermined beliefs, you’re welcome to exit the thread now.

TRANSLATION : "You asked a question I can't answer... Please leave."

Would registration stop the Sandy Hook killer? The borderline killer? The Vegas shooter? Columbine? Virginia Tech?

All the murders and mayhem done by people using stolen firearms?

No.

Can YOU explain how registration would have prevented the majority of deaths?

TRANSLATION : "You asked a question I can't answer... Please leave."

Would registration stop the Sandy Hook killer? The borderline killer? The Vegas shooter? Columbine? Virginia Tech?

All the murders and mayhem done by people using stolen firearms?

No.

Can YOU explain how registration would have prevented the majority of deaths?

Never said any of those things.

But I guess you need a straw man, and I happen to be here.

Never said any of those things.

But I guess you need a straw man, and I happen to be here.

Face it. Registration does not really stop mass shootings nor do they stop suicides nor do they stop people who deal with stolen guns...

It is a massive system implemented simple to say "we did something" while not doing anything that matters.

Face it. Registration does not really stop mass shootings nor do they stop suicides nor do they stop people who deal with stolen guns...

It is a massive system implemented simple to say "we did something" while not doing anything that matters.

Nope.

Really? Everyone who advocates gun registration wants to confiscate your guns?

That’s a strange fantasy.

Unless you mean making sure felons who have a gun registered to them are no longer allowed to own that gun, and need to account for its whereabouts.

stop the dishonesty. the issue is not whether every fan of registration wants confiscation. I don't care what the percentage of them are. What I do care about is no matter why one wants registration, registration helps facilitate confiscation and there are more than a few people-in positions of power-who want confiscation. If a felon is caught with a gun, we don't need registration to prosecute him. How many felons do you think will register firearms?

Yes. I posted a BS site because you just have amazing arguments.

The Goofy Giffords Gun Grabbers is run by megalomaniac Mark Kelly who is a dishonest POS. They claim they only want "common sense gun laws" but they are on record wanting to ban the sales of commonly owned weapons-weapons that are rarely used in illegal activities. They are another one of the Bloomberg funded astroturf groups

One poster has already called out their dishonesty of mixing suicides with murder and justifiable shootings.

1) they claim licensing has decreased gun violence. In reality, states that require licensing have seen their violence rates drop-but so have states that do not require it. Some of the cities that require licenses have high rates of violent crime, while surrounding areas-without licensing requirements-do not.

2)Universal background checks-are worthless without complete and unconstitutional gun registration. This is according to the Obama Dept. Of Justice. Few felons buy guns from strangers-the vast majority of felons obtain guns after they become banned under 18 USC 922 from family friends, or other criminals. The main purpose of UBGCs-other than to placate the slow witted voters-is to set the stage for registration. When this stupid feel good law doesn't work, the slow witted voters will demand registration after the gun banners tell them it is needed.

3) The Giffords center claims this

Giffords Law Center has 25 years of experience fighting for the laws, policies, and programs proven to save lives from gun violence.

Hmmmm

4) the Giffords Gun Grabbers want to ban "assault weapons" which is a code word for semi auto firearms. even though these weapons are rarely used in murders

see how many lies you can find in this quote from the GGGGs site

Assault weapons are a class of semi-automatic firearm specifically designed to kill humans quickly and efficiently. They are a relatively new class of weapon—during the 1980s, the gun industry sought to reverse a decline in consumer demand for guns by developing and marketing new types of weapons based on high-powered military designs.1

Lie number one-designed to kill people quickly and efficiently. That's a lie because so few people are killed by them

secondly-if this is true-why are cops using them

and why did our own government sell hundreds of thousands of them to the US citizens?

these assholes also think that honest citizens cannot be trusted with more than 10 rounds in their guns. No one has ever shown why ten rounds is the magic number. its something gun banners pulled out of their asses

so the GGGGs are hard core gun banners.

Here’s the reality of the ‘good guy with a gun’ theory...

Bad guy gets shot by good guy, then cops come by and shoot good guy.

Officer shoots, kills armed security guard outside south suburban bar – WGN-TV

Just like the laughable concept that having more armed people in the Thousand Oaks bar would have somehow been a good thing, you can see that in reality, proliferating guns just make things more dangerous for everyone.

Ya'know I saw that story and right away I thought of the gun guys and the irony that they live in because their thinking just - does - not - work in any real spontaneous situations in this day and age. That poor bastard was doing his goddamned job and because of the idiots with guns running around out there - backed up by the NRA and "forum experts on guns"... the guy got shot.

2 guns = someone dies -- Math is never wrong.

Scouting this thread will deliver the same old useless crap by the gun crowd.

South Carolina, June 2016
“Deputies said 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson pulled out a gun after getting into an argument with another man and fired several rounds toward a crowd that had gathered out in front of the club.
"His rounds struck three victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg," Lt. Kevin Bobo said.
Bobo said the man who shot Thompson has a valid concealed weapons permit, cooperated with investigators, and won’t be facing any charges.
"Thompson was still on the scene when deputies arrived, but the initial scene was chaotic," Bobo said. "It wasn’t until victims and witnesses were interviewed, and video from the scene was reviewed that Thompson was identified as the suspect."
Thompson was charged with four counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, and unlawful carrying of a weapon.”

Chicago, April 2015.
Authorities say no charges will be filed against an Uber driver who shot and wounded a gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people in Logan Square over the weekend.
The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.
A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.
The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records. Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said. No other injuries were reported.

March
Philadelphia, March 2015
Police say a man likely saved the lives of several people when he shot and killed a gunman inside a West Philadelphia barbershop. A 40-year-old man was inside Falah Barber Shop Inc. on the 600 block of Preston Street shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday when police say he began fighting with another person inside. "They were arguing," said 16-year-old Yusaf Mack who was a customer inside the shop at the time. "They were taking it too far and one of the barbers said, 'chill out.'"

The fight quickly escalated and the 40-year-old man took out his gun and opened fire on customers and barbers, police said. "I heard gunshots so I ducked and I ran," said Mack. As he was shooting, another man outside heard the gunfire, ran into the shop and took out his own gun, according to investigators. He then opened fire, striking the 40-year-old man once in the chest. "He just shot him and when he was done shooting he ran," Mack said.

The 40-year-old man was taken to Presbyterian Hospital where he later died from his injuries. Police have not yet revealed his identity. Police said there were children inside the shop at the time but no one else was hurt.

So that has - what - exactly - to do with the OP story?

Diversion. Don;t talk about the reality: "look over here"...

Yep, blame the victim for the actions of police engaging in state sponsored murder. The fact that armed security stopped the attacker did not "make things more dangerous for everyone" - that happened when police arrived and 'took charge'.

No - blame idiots with guns for creating this environment.

"Heroes only get themselves killed. It's best if everyone cowers and runs."

No. Be a hero. If the cops kill you, you've still done more with your life than 99% of people.

Yeah, get shot and killed for $18 bucks an hour.

Ever hear of The Charge of the Light Brigade?

gun banners always pretend Good people with guns is even worse than criminals with guns

Good people with guns get dead don't they.

Back
Top Bottom