• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 206] [W:97]Good guy with a gun

Re: [W:97]Good guy with a gun

Good point.

We need to make it much more difficult to obtain weapons. Maybe mandate intensive training to own one. And make sure they are registered, like cars, so we keep track of them.

registration is the wet dream for those who want to confiscate guns. And the people most deterred by making things more difficult are the people least likely to cause harm.

There is no legitimate reason for registration and plenty of nefarious reasons for it

Good point.

We need to make it much more difficult to obtain weapons. Maybe mandate intensive training to own one. And make sure they are registered, like cars, so we keep track of them.

You don't understand Constitutional powers, do you?

Intensively trained mass shooters won't care if you trace the gun back to them.

You don't understand Constitutional powers, do you?

Intensively trained mass shooters won't care if you trace the gun back to them.

Oh please. Tell me where gun registration is mentioned in the constitution.

Oh, right.

You really really want it to be true, so it is.

Can you find an active shooting where a CCW holder engaged the shooter and shot a bystander by accident?

A driver with the ride-hailing service Uber put a stop to a potential mass shooting in Chicago over the weekend. Here's the Chicago Tribune, citing Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn: A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said. The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records. Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said. No other injuries were reported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ube...dgun-prevents-mass-shooting-in-chicago-2015-4

"Police say a man likely saved the lives of several people when he shot and killed a gunman inside a West Philadelphia barbershop. A 40-year-old man was inside Falah Barber Shop Inc. on the 600 block of Preston Street shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday when police say he began fighting with another person inside. "They were arguing," said 16-year-old Yusaf Mack who was a customer inside the shop at the time. "They were taking it too far and one of the barbers said, 'chill out.'" The fight quickly escalated and the 40-year-old man took out his gun and opened fire on customers and barbers, police said. "I heard gunshots so I ducked and I ran," said Mack. As he was shooting, another man outside heard the gunfire, ran into the shop and took out his own gun, according to investigators. He then opened fire, striking the 40-year-old man once in the chest. "He just shot him and when he was done shooting he ran," Mack said. Police said there were children inside the shop at the time but no one else was hurt.

"On a busy Friday morning in Manhattan, nine pedestrians suffered bullet or fragment wounds after police unleashed a hail of gunfire at a man wielding a .45 caliber pistol who had just killed a former co-worker.
The officers unloaded 16 rounds in the shadow of the Empire State Building at a disgruntled former apparel designer, killing him after he engaged in a gunbattle with police, authorities said.
Three passersby sustained direct gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments, according to New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. All injuries were caused by police, he said Saturday."

https://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/index.html

Oh, please, tell me that you understand that the Constitution enumerates the powers granted to the federal government, and if it isn't enumerated then the federal government was not given that power.

you're proving you haven't a clue about how the government's powers were set forth in the constitution. You labor under the delusion that as long as a power is not specifically banned by the bill of rights, it exists. that is pretty much the statist misinterpretation.

you're proving you haven't a clue about how the government's powers were set forth in the constitution. You labor under the delusion that as long as a power is not specifically banned by the bill of rights, it exists. that is pretty much the statist misinterpretation.

It’s reality, dude.

The EPA exists. So does the FDA.

But according to you- the Constitutional law scholar, they are just a misinterpretation.

This is why I don’t bother with this section.

Irrational toddlers hate having their candy restricted.

It’s reality, dude.

The EPA exists. So does the FDA.

But according to you- the Constitutional law scholar, they are just a misinterpretation.

This is why I don’t bother with this section.

Irrational toddlers hate having their candy restricted.
tell us why the commerce clause was properly interpreted to abrogate the second amendment.

tell us why the commerce clause was properly interpreted to abrogate the second amendment.

Not really here to do your assignments.

I’ll just note that machine guns are tightly regulated. And it’s Constitutional, according to the courts.

You are dismissed, counselor. Maybe if you went to a better law school, you’d know this.

I’ll just note that machine guns are tightly regulated. And it’s Constitutional, according to the courts.

You are dismissed, counselor. Maybe if you went to a better law school, you’d know this.

the supreme court has yet to rule on that. I think its because people like Kennedy knew it was unconstitutional but didn't want to strike down the law

It's never been examined by SCOTUS.

the supreme court has yet to rule on that. I think its because people like Kennedy knew it was unconstitutional but didn't want to strike down the law

What kind of ****ing law school did you attend?

Laws that are Constitutional don’t make it to the Supreme Court.

What kind of ****ing law school did you attend?

Laws that are Constitutional don’t make it to the Supreme Court.

yeah just like the internment of the Japanese-funny-leading legal scholars said that was unconstitutional when it happened. Others said the DC gun ban was unconstitutional too. Smart people with legal training are able to transfer back in forth between discussions of laws that have yet to be struck down but should be and those that have been. You apparently don't understand that

It's never been examined by SCOTUS.

Mainly because several justices are torn between following their oath vs striking down a law they might like

yeah just like the internment of the Japanese-funny-leading legal scholars said that was unconstitutional when it happened. Others said the DC gun ban was unconstitutional too. Smart people with legal training are able to transfer back in forth between discussions of laws that have yet to be struck down but should be and those that have been. You apparently don't understand that

70 years, and the gun nuts haven’t gotten around to getting it to the SCOTUS.

Maybe next year.

70 years, and the gun nuts haven’t gotten around to getting it to the SCOTUS.

Maybe next year.

the court refused to hear the cases when they were brought. I believe the owner of SWD-Farmer IIRC-brought a case.

the court refused to hear the cases when they were brought. I believe the owner of SWD-Farmer IIRC-brought a case.

That’s what happens when there’s no Constitutional question.

You’re a ****ing lawyer? Jeez.

That’s what happens when there’s no Constitutional question.

You’re a ****ing lawyer? Jeez.

so it is your learned belief-that if the USSC refuses to hear a case its because-in every instance-there is no constitutional question? OKIE DOKIE

85 years, dude.

It is the outright ban we are talking about-btw-read Miller and tell me what arms are protected by the second amendment.

Good point.

What crime will registration prevent?

The Vegas shooters guns were IIRC registered. Same with the Sandy Hook shooting. The VT shooting. The San Bernardino shooting...

All those registrations did nothing.

Good point.

Before you do that, it would be important to impose martial law and nullify the First Amendment. Restrict all computers, internet access and the media to licensed individuals with strict government oversight. That’s the best way to impose tyranny on Americans...for their own good, of course. :)

Before you do that, it would be important to impose martial law and nullify the First Amendment. Restrict all computers, internet access and the media to licensed individuals with strict government oversight. That’s the best way to impose tyranny on Americans...for their own good, of course. :)

Yeah.

It’s the Gun ‘Control’ forum, alright.

Yeah.

It’s the Gun ‘Control’ forum, alright.
That’s exactly what the LW anti-gun mob wants.

66mcno.jpg

Back
Top Bottom