• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W: 1411] Video: Woman Killed in Capitol was Executed. Cop Should Face Charges.

Yeah. Second amendment, immigration, taxes, regulating everyone into a coma, I could go on, but you get the idea.

So you are amplifying what most people alresdy know: There are two sets of laws and a dual system of justice, depending on location and who you are.
What's obvious, and contrary to what I think your point is, there isn't any question in my mind that "who you are" made a massive difference in the initial planning and the response to this insurrection. If those gathered had been black, or any group of non-whites, we'd have seen a MASSIVE police presence protecting the capitol, and if they'd broken through those barriers, dozens shot and killed.

If you want to see white privilege, then this is as good an example as we'll ever likely see. Only 15 arrests in the immediate aftermath, only one death, few injuries to those engaged in insurrection, and incredibly, after they'd occupied the U.S. Capitol with force, the vast majority allowed to leave as if they'd just had a nice tour with a tour guide.

Was someone hung?
Break into a federal facility with armed security and don't expect a welcoming committee. Expect lethal force.
Thank God that America's military supports our Constitution, rather than any president, no matter what Party, or viewpoint they promote.
Two segments of our American culture that appear able to protect our constitution and our democracy: the judiciary and the military.
May this be true for another two centuries!

They shoot until the person is no longer a threat. That is the rule/policy. If the person gets hit and goes down, stops being a threat, then shooting ceases, even if they aren't actually dead.

You aim center mass. Limb shots are not allowed and illegal in most places.

I did a paper years ago about how Lethal Weapon and some other media sources (fictional shows/movies) present these things to the public that are absolutely bad policy and can negatively affect how the public views reasonable police action due to what they see and are being told by their media. I brought up Lethal Weapon in the paper because Murtaugh brings up this stupid concept of shooting to keep target alive in the first movie. It's bullshit.
So you're TV series educated?

Do you normally start your sightseeing tours of the capitol by breaking down doors, breaking out windows, and trashing the place.
If you want to see the capitol building I would suggest going at a time when they are open for tours. Or, wear a bulletproof vest.
What sightseeing tour are you talking about?

The key here is investigation. If it is so obvious then any is a waste of time. Any time a police officer discharges his weapon, afaik, there always is an investigation to determine if it was justified. Will it be in in this case? I already conceded that it most likely will be. The question, even by the authorities, is a valid one to ask.
No doubt people will review the footage, etc. and determine whether or not he acted correctly. It's never a waste of time to review use of deadly use of force, and with an open mind, pro and con. Based on what I saw the outcome seems obvious, but sure it is a valid question and I haven't suggested otherwise. We're just giving opinions here.

What's obvious, and contrary to what I think your point is, there isn't any question in my mind that "who you are" made a massive difference in the initial planning and the response to this insurrection. If those gathered had been black, or any group of non-whites, we'd have seen a MASSIVE police presence protecting the capitol, and if they'd broken through those barriers, dozens shot and killed.

If you want to see white privilege, then this is as good an example as we'll ever likely see. Only 15 arrests in the immediate aftermath, only one death, few injuries to those engaged in insurrection, and incredibly, after they'd occupied the U.S. Capitol with force, the vast majority allowed to leave as if they'd just had a nice tour with a tour guide.

I was kind of surprised the gift shop wasn't open for the protestors to buy a few items on the way out.

She was shot center mass?
She was shot in the neck as she was trying to breach a Chamber of Congress. She and her Ilk were lucky they were not shot when they entered the Capital Building, if they try again and they Will be shot, count on that.

She was shot in the neck as she was trying to breach a Chamber of Congress. She and her Ilk were lucky they were not shot when they entered the Capital Building, if they try again and they Will be shot, count on that.
There was a reason these animals tried getting at the congress men and women.

The time to give up and tell her story was before she climbed through the window.
How many representatives made themselves available to their constituents?

No doubt people will review the footage, etc. and determine whether or not he acted correctly. It's never a waste of time to review use of deadly use of force, and with an open mind, pro and con. Based on what I saw the outcome seems obvious, but sure it is a valid question and I haven't suggested otherwise. We're just giving opinions here.
Exactly. It’s a discussion that we should encourage. Hopefully we can do that in a civil manner. In that fashion a meeting of the minds is more possible instead of building walls.

No... now is the time for you to shut your mouth and listen.
no that's all we've been doing for the past 15 years as you call us every name in the book it's your turn now.

I've got the same vote as you or anyone else in here. We've all got that right. But what none of us have the right to do is try to overturn an election and invalidate anyone's vote.
accepted that's exactly what happened in this last election this is where you need to listen if you don't it will not be comfortable for you.
If there honestly was election fraud, and it was backed up by solid evidence,
see you don't listen you don't even know how to listen. Argument wasn't that there was fraud. I don't know why you keep that rehashing this nonsense that nobody brought up to you. The problem was unconstitutionally changing the rules of the election.

Your party cannot win unless they rug the system. but you're not even going to try and hear this you're just going to wail about fraud.

the only way to get you to listen is to make you. Get used to it.
I'd be at the front of the line speaking out against it. But when all 50 States certify the results - and there are no serious court cases contesting those certifications - then it is over. There is no honest disagreement to be had here.... there is just this - you're either for our democracy or you are not. And if you are not, then you are my enemy.
the court refused to hear the case. It's Not over. If you want to make an enemy out of your own countryman you deserve this.
Al Queda was only trying to kill us and change our foreign policy. These terrorists at the Capitol were trying to overturn our democracy. In my eyes, that makes them WORSE than Al Queda. I - like millions of others have - signed up and put my life on the line for this country and what it stands for. Think about what that means for a second... it means I put my freedom above my life. Al Queda could only kill me once.... every day living in tyranny is a death.
at this point nobody's trying to kill anybody. If this dictatorship moves forward then you'll see that. Comparing people to terrorists will only make some more likely to be. As long as you refuse to listen to these people they will resist you.
No sir.... the line is drawn. I would no more listen and take heed of these cretins than I would Al Queda. And damn your eyes for saying I should.
okay so the only way they're ever going to get you to listen to them is to attack. Enjoy this it is your fault.

Yes, and if it’s just a formality then the public has no reason to believe the police really care.
Who said or implied any investigation here would just be a "formality?"

I assume you know that law enforcement are trained to shoot for the center of the chest to stop the target. The tv shows where the bad guy gets shot in the arm
don't happen in real life, if they feel the threat is such that lethal force is needed, they don't just wound a suspect, then you have a suspect who is still a danger to you.
Assuming she actually presented any danger at all.

If these anti-government Fascists tried to take over the Kremlin, there would be countless body bags the following day.
But in America today too many citizens will tell us they have reason to break into the Capital, violently attack the people charged with protecting the security of the elected officials.
There are people on this Forum who will make light of the worst act of insurrection since our Civil War.

If you are among these anti-democracy folks, wouldn't you feel more at home in Cuba, Russia or Venezuela where the vote of the majority means nothing?

As long as you refuse to listen to these people they will resist you.
okay so the only way they're ever going to get you to listen to them is to attack. Enjoy this it is your fault.

Yes, lets sit down and discuss.

gallery_large.jpg

Wordy nonsense to say nothing. Here, let me shorten it.
the court refused to hear the case. It's Not over. ...
See, nonsense.

Did you see the video where the 3 officers who were standing in front of those doors just turned and walked away? From inside that barricaded hallway, what would any reasonable officer who was trying to protect those people inside think seeing that? Seeing those who are standing in front of those barricaded doors just move out of the way for that mob of protesters to simply break their way through? And then, after they had shattered the glass, they saw and yelled out that they had a gun, and it was still after that the woman started going through. They were yelling "gun" and she still went through.
So I did see more info on this and it appears that those officers were told to leave because those others were coming in. It was in the transition though that the mob saw an opportunity to push in and when Babbit saw her opportunity to push inside. The transcript though pissed me off. The guy saying "we don't want to hurt anyone, we just want inside". There is no reason you would seriously have to be inside, to push through a barricade like that if you truly believe that you don't want to hurt anyone. There is nothing in there for you. You have no right to be there and it should be quite obvious that others don't feel the same way. That guy doesn't get to talk for all those violently breaking their way inside.

Assuming she actually presented any danger at all.
The mob did. She was at the head of the mob as it gained access to an area being guarded at gunpoint, by blockade and doors. What did the mob think would happen?

Back
Top Bottom