• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:119]AZ Senate likely to go Democrat

Re: AZ Senate likely to go Democrat

Vote havesting is against the law in AZ. You cannot present someone else's ballot at a polling station...the republicans passed that law in AZ.

Did you see anybody checking? If you brought a sealed mail in ballot to the polls on Tuesday you just walked in and dropped it in the box. Nobody would say "boo" to you.

Well....they weren't all provisional ballots. Really it was a comparative few that were provisional. Most were early ballots that either got mailed in last minute or dropped off on election day instead of being mailed in. That kind of thing is a MUCH bigger problem in Pima County and Maricopa County. The reason it's a bigger problem is that those two counties don't play by the same rules as the rest of Arizona. Those two counties allow a mailed in ballot to be "rehabilitated" up to 5 days after the election. The rest of Arizona requires verification that the ballot was sent by the proper registered voter no later than by the time polls close on election day. Certain groups in Pima and Maricopa counties take full advantage of that loophole and insure that their ballots don't go in until last minute. The idea is to flood the system so that votes can't be tallied in a timely manner. It gives them 5 extra days to set up a legal challenge if the election doesn't go their way.

I don't think I still have the raw numbers from the campaign I worked down here in 2010 but, shooting from memory, the percentage variation between late ballots and timely filed ballots was something like a 24% swing. No other county had more than a 12% swing and on average the swing was <5%

You'd be proud of one of our legislative initiatives. It put the kibosh on who can drop off ballots, pretty much limits it to immediate household members.

The 2017 Legislature has submitted this proposal for a vote. LR-129 prohibits a person
from collecting another voter's ballot, with certain exceptions. The prohibition would
not apply to an election official, postal worker, caregiver, family member, household
member, or an acquaintance. Any such individuals that are caregivers, family members,
household members or acquaintances would be required to sign a registry at the polling
place or the election administrator's office when delivering the ballot and are required
to provide the following information: the individual's name, address, and phone
number; the voter's name and address; and the individual's relationship to the voter. An
individual who violates any provision within LR-129 could be fined $500 for each ballot
unlawfully collected.

https://sosmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/LR-129.pdf

No wonder the GOP is trying to discredit these votes. They are all from Phoenix and Sinema's own district.

An Arizona source told The Hill that the latest numbers came from roughly 150,000 votes from Maricopa County, with another 345,000 outstanding votes still left from that county, which includes the capital of Phoenix, as well as Sinema's own congressional district.

A total of approximately 500,000 votes remain uncounted across the state.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...pulls-ahead-of-mcsally-in-arizona-senate-race

Did you see anybody checking? If you brought a sealed mail in ballot to the polls on Tuesday you just walked in and dropped it in the box. Nobody would say "boo" to you.

This is why nobody should get to vote without showing up at the polls, except active military. It's all ripe for fraud.

A woman who has served her country in the military is not a "frothy RW Loon". And besides, she's considered a Moderate.

No, not in the least. She can have served in the military and still be a frothy RW loon. Serving in the military is irrelevant to her current stats as a RW compulsive liar and Trump supporter. Anyone who supports Trump is not a moderate.

Glad to have pointed out the obvious to you.

Which is why they are doing signature verification.

Are you against this extra step to verify the ballot?

No, not in the least. She can have served in the military and still be a frothy RW loon. Serving in the military is irrelevant to her current stats as a RW compulsive liar and Trump supporter. Anyone who supports Trump is not a moderate.

Your intolerance is duly noted.

It's not the kind of thing you can really prove. If Old Joe can tell you what day it is and verify his SSN he's probably competent to vote. The fact that forgets everything you talked about 2 minutes later is immaterial.

I am reminded of the movie Memento that is making the rounds again. Pretty decent movie that takes some getting used to. Anyway the character Sammy has the same malady that the main character Leonard has. Both have long term memories but immediately forget what they did just a minute ago. Sammy, once discovered and hospitalized would spend his entire day attempting to look like he recognized Drs and Nurses walking past him that he could not recognize to save his life. He had forgotten them a minute after seeing them the last time. But he had self taught himself to appear to recognize them as a desperate means to appear "healthy".

You really do wonder how much somebody that can recite their name and SS# really know unless you try to delve more deeply into their mental capacity.

Glad to have pointed out the obvious to you.

There is a republican candidate that lost CD-1 in AZ, this is her 4th time she has ran for congress, first time she didn't make it past the primary, second and third time she ran against Sinema, for this time, she moved to another district. Her entire spiel was that she was a military pilot..and very little else. In fact, in the last election against Sinema, she failed to show up for a televised debate....in THIS election, she failed to show up for a televised debate, and she failed to show up at the AZ Republic editorial board interview. She is a disgrace as a candidate....amazing that she has failed so badly 4 times....and that her party actually nominated her 3 times.

Why do Democrats have problems getting their ballots counted prior to or on election day?

Because they're consistently the targets of disenfranchisement.

Which is why they are doing signature verification.

Are you against this extra step to verify the ballot?

If you have a ballot in your hand on election day it should be verified right then and there, not 5 days later.

The guy I take care of never got his mail in ballot because he moved to assisted living. We went to the poll and he filed a provisional ballot but everything was verified at the time. THAT is the way it should work.

If you have a ballot in your hand on election day it should be verified right then and there, not 5 days later.

The guy I take care of never got his mail in ballot because he moved to assisted living. We went to the poll and he filed a provisional ballot but everything was verified at the time. THAT is the way it should work.

Its Arizona...you think they have the funding? For christ sakes, our Secretary of State didn't even win the primary, she has been a disgrace.

They are verifying the ballots.....they are verifying the signatures, there are poll watchers in Adrian Fontes' office in Maricopa County from both parties...and there is a live webcam that you can watch.

Take all the time they need to count all the votes, anything less would be corrupt.

Because they're consistently the targets of disenfranchisement.
Republicans are always accusing liberals and immigrants of voter fraud, but years have proven them to take part in all sort of election chicanery to disenfranchise urban voters.

This would put the GOP net gain in the Senate down to 2, meaning Democrats will have an even better opportunity to take back the Senate in 2020, and retain it in 2022.

This would put the GOP net gain in the Senate down to 2, meaning Democrats will have an even better opportunity to take back the Senate in 2020, and retain it in 2022.

Okay...

I mean anything’s possible, but considering the Dems are unlikely to hold Alabama, the only pickup opportunities I see realistically is Colorado, maybe Maine if Collins doesn’t run.

Its Arizona...you think they have the funding? For christ sakes, our Secretary of State didn't even win the primary, she has been a disgrace.

They are verifying the ballots.....they are verifying the signatures, there are poll watchers in Adrian Fontes' office in Maricopa County from both parties...and there is a live webcam that you can watch.

Take all the time they need to count all the votes, anything less would be corrupt.

There are plenty of volunteers at the polls to handle verification. No reason it should be done in a separate office unless the ballot is actually mailed in.

There are plenty of volunteers at the polls to handle verification. No reason it should be done in a separate office unless the ballot is actually mailed in.

Really? I went to vote on Tuesday at 6:00 am and there was a line and they were busy as hell.

They are verifying ballots in an open and honest way...how could you complain?

I mean anything’s possible, but considering the Dems are unlikely to hold Alabama, the only pickup opportunities I see realistically is Colorado, maybe Maine if Collins doesn’t run.
Any of the seats that they flipped in 2014 can flip right back in 2020, with Maine and Texas as additional possibilities.

North Carolina, Iowa, Maine, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, and Louisiana will all be on the table, and they may only need two or three.

Democrats have no ethics, that’s why republicans need to win by margins, because if it’s close then ineligible democrat voters who vote provisional can take it over.

NwyMrCU.jpg

Really? I went to vote on Tuesday at 6:00 am and there was a line and they were busy as hell.

They are verifying ballots in an open and honest way...how could you complain?

There was a line when I voted too. If you've got a mail in ballot to drop off you should still have to sign the book, check off a box stating the ballot was dropped off instead of mailed and the signatures can be checked right there. Would take a minute tops. If you don't want to stand in line then mail in your mail in ballot so it's in the recorder's hand by the close of business on election day.

I don't think these are "trunk votes" like Franken had. I do think it's at least partially due to "vote harvesting". I've run into Democrat organizations "helping" people fill out ballots at dementia care facilities, nursing homes and the like. Basically they hit up people that are probably incapable of making an informed decision, help them fill out the ballot and then promise it will get filed. Some of the people getting helped still think they're voting for FDR.

So you spend lot of time at dementia care facilities and nursing homes coincidentally during campaign season?

9pzKArC.jpg

I smell a whopper and I'm not at Burger King.

My my....aren't we cocky?

Back
Top Bottom