• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:119]AZ Senate likely to go Democrat

Re: AZ Senate likely to go Democrat

No. Please try and slow down and read just a bit better.

25,000 ballots were discovered, not 25,000 Nelson ballots. They are as of yet uncounted.

I have no doubt they’ll all say Nelson. And are probably a good match to the obituaries published or the city graveyard rolls.

I think “found” ballots should be destroyed uncounted, no chain of custody then no count.
UPS can track your package every step of the way but lost ballots? Talk about public v private sector

Just because your dead doesn't mean you can't cast a provisional ballet for the Democratic Party candidate. And that vote should be counted.

Assuming that your insinuation has any merit, what does it say about Republicans that they let these shenanigans go totally unchecked? How can you vote for these stupid ******s?

No. Please try and slow down and read just a bit better.

25,000 ballots were discovered, not 25,000 Nelson ballots. They are as of yet uncounted.

Well, he needs 21,000+ of them. This may even be too tall an order for the Dems.:lol:

Assuming that your insinuation has any merit, what does it say about Republicans that they let these shenanigans go totally unchecked? How can you vote for these stupid ******s?
The Republicans wanted to address the issue before the election. The election stealing Democrats wouldn't do anything to stop their fraudulent votes. Another example of a problem Democrats created then try to play the victim.

Any attempt to bring our election security in line with the norm in the developed world is considered “voter suppression”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt they’ll all say Nelson. And are probably a good match to the obituaries published or the city graveyard rolls.

I think “found” ballots should be destroyed uncounted, no chain of custody then no count.
UPS can track your package every step of the way but lost ballots? Talk about public v private sector

You have a very active imagination.

You have a very active imagination.

Don’t need to imagine, this is exactly what King County officials did in Washington’s 2004 Governors race

It is so surreal to see election come down to the wire all across the country, days after the election itself.

Don’t need to imagine, this is exactly what King County officials did in Washington’s 2004 Governors race

So, of course, because Neptune is aligning with Alpha Centuri, and it's an even numbered year, that just HAS to be the identical case in AZ.

Brilliant.

I don't think the counting is done but it's remarkable how all these "spare" ballots trend differently than the ones cast at the polls or sent in early do.

I haven't seen figures by precinct or by county yet but in prior elections I've seen Pima county "spare" ballots trend 80% Democrat when in every other county the trend has been pretty much in line with "regular" votes.

Why do Democrats have problems getting their ballots counted prior to or on election day? It looks to me like someone is trying to steal the election just like what is going on in Florida. I hope your Republican governor is on top of this.

edit- The Democrats when an election is close always seem to find buckets of uncounted ballots.

Last edited:

So, of course, because Neptune is aligning with Alpha Centuri, and it's an even numbered year, that just HAS to be the identical case in AZ.

Brilliant.

I though we were talking Florida.

I see no evidence an election is actually being stolen in AZ. However I’m not convinced with Broward County. They have all kinds of problems and won’t disclose how many ballots they even have outstanding

AZ Secretary of State now shows McSally down by over 2,000 votes.

Yesterday McSally was ahead by 17,000 votes but 600,000 provisional and early ballots were sitting there uncounted (half were dropped off on Tuesday). In a shocking (not really) turn of events all those mail in ballots and provisional ballots trended more heavily to Sinema than McSally.

I'm trying to think of an election where all those leftover ballots trended Republican but I can't think of any.

-edit-

Sorry, forgot the link - https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/4/0

Keep in mind that the linked page will update on occasion so when you look the results might show different than what I have above.

So happy! The corrupt republicans in AZ are doing everything to deny voters...but the judge told them to pound sand.

And the votes left to be counted are in counties that Sinema are winning.

Krysten was my representative, and she did a great job representing her district, she is a good person.

I still can't believe this Arizona race is so close. Not after the audio/visuals of Sinema insulting the state and the citizens, now known as "Deplorables 2.0".

Makes me wonder what's in the water down there.

So the provisional ballots were 309,500 dem vs 290,500 rep... doesn't seem that out of line given the younger and disenfranchised crowd are more likely to do provisional ballots.

They aren't provisional ballots, they are early ballots that were dropped off to the polling stations, and Maricopa county verifies signatures on the ballots.

These are fully legal ballots.

I though we were talking Florida.

I see no evidence an election is actually being stolen in AZ. However I’m not convinced with Broward County. They have all kinds of problems and won’t disclose how many ballots they even have outstanding

Oh, sorry, my bad: Florida. My statement still stands. I see no rational reason, absent any proof, that this is actually some form of dem chicanery.

Al Franken was losing...until the "car trunk box of ballots" showed up....

Please provide proof.

So the provisional ballots were 309,500 dem vs 290,500 rep... doesn't seem that out of line given the younger and disenfranchised crowd are more likely to do provisional ballots.

Well....they weren't all provisional ballots. Really it was a comparative few that were provisional. Most were early ballots that either got mailed in last minute or dropped off on election day instead of being mailed in. That kind of thing is a MUCH bigger problem in Pima County and Maricopa County. The reason it's a bigger problem is that those two counties don't play by the same rules as the rest of Arizona. Those two counties allow a mailed in ballot to be "rehabilitated" up to 5 days after the election. The rest of Arizona requires verification that the ballot was sent by the proper registered voter no later than by the time polls close on election day. Certain groups in Pima and Maricopa counties take full advantage of that loophole and insure that their ballots don't go in until last minute. The idea is to flood the system so that votes can't be tallied in a timely manner. It gives them 5 extra days to set up a legal challenge if the election doesn't go their way.

I don't think I still have the raw numbers from the campaign I worked down here in 2010 but, shooting from memory, the percentage variation between late ballots and timely filed ballots was something like a 24% swing. No other county had more than a 12% swing and on average the swing was <5%

I still can't believe this Arizona race is so close. Not after the audio/visuals of Sinema insulting the state and the citizens, now known as "Deplorables 2.0".

It's most likely that they effing sick to death of frothy RW loons who genuflect at the alter of Trump.

I don't think these are "trunk votes" like Franken had. I do think it's at least partially due to "vote harvesting". I've run into Democrat organizations "helping" people fill out ballots at dementia care facilities, nursing homes and the like. Basically they hit up people that are probably incapable of making an informed decision, help them fill out the ballot and then promise it will get filed. Some of the people getting helped still think they're voting for FDR.

Vote havesting is against the law in AZ. You cannot present someone else's ballot at a polling station...the republicans passed that law in AZ.

I've run into Democrat organizations "helping" people fill out ballots at dementia care facilities, nursing homes and the like. Basically they hit up people that are probably incapable of making an informed decision, help them fill out the ballot and then promise it will get filed. Some of the people getting helped still think they're voting for FDR.

In that case, a bipartisan group of election officials should be on hand to make sure nothing like that goes on.

When you have assholes doing the above and the dead voting thing, "foreign meddling" should be the least of our concerns.

There are LOTS of people in Pima county and the Phoenix area that LOVE that kind of talk. Tucson has always had a liberal core (we're a university town) but the liberals have exploded down here in the past 10 years. It's at a point where Conservatives are leaving town because the politics are so bad.

It's most likely that they effing sick to death of frothy RW loons who genuflect at the alter of Trump.

A woman who has served her country in the military is not a "frothy RW Loon". And besides, she's considered a Moderate.

Yep...that's how it works. If the election's close and the Repub's ahead, "suddenly" lots of uncounted ballots discovered the next day or two to give the Dem the win; happened in Washington State Gov Race years ago, happens now. And if that won't work, as Norm Coleman found out, they get out magnifying glasses and ultraviolet readers looking for a manual recount, finding those stray marks and "intentions" behind a ballot that couldn't be seen by a neutral and non-partisan counting machine.

If the pub's have a lick of sense, they'll demand a hand recount and full audit of these "provisional" ballots.

No. Provisional but counted means votes that Republicans tried to suppress but legally could not. Of course those ballots will favor Democrats. Republicans tried to cheat them out of their vote.

At least be honest.

In that case, a bipartisan group of election officials should be on hand to make sure nothing like that goes on.

When you have assholes doing the above and the dead voting thing, "foreign meddling" should be the least of our concerns.

It's not the kind of thing you can really prove. If Old Joe can tell you what day it is and verify his SSN he's probably competent to vote. The fact that forgets everything you talked about 2 minutes later is immaterial.

Because Sinema represented her district well, is a huge friend of veterans, and she has a good record as a congresswoman. She won her district quite handily the last two times, and it is a very even district between R/D.

Back
Top Bottom