• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#112]FOX Cable Network and Hosts

This has been a fun thread. The antics from posters who just can't stand that FOX news as the #1 cable news outlet has been
something to see. Kinda like a kid throwing fit over and over! 😄
Please carry on.......
Out of curiosity, how many hours of 'fox news' is actually dedicated to news? As far as fox being number one in ratings, I don't care I still won't watch it as it's nothing but red meat for the base of the willfully ignorant. Red meat day after day, news, not so much.

This has been a fun thread. The antics from posters who just can't stand that FOX news as the #1 cable news outlet has been
something to see. Kinda like a kid throwing fit over and over! 😄
Please carry on.......
From my post in February...

EVENING ONLY News...

NBC’s total audience of 8.578 million viewers narrowly beat ABC’s 8.389 million. The CBS Evening News was well behind with a total audience of 5.325 million.

FOX NEWS ALL DAY...

Fox News nabbed 1.414 million total-day viewers

anyone wanna do the math?

EVENING ONLY News...

NBC’s total audience of 8.578 million viewers narrowly beat ABC’s 8.389 million. The CBS Evening News was well behind with a total audience of 5.325 million.

FOX NEWS ALL DAY...

Sure. The math concludes your post was just as inane the first 100 times you posted it. It's not aging well.

Sure. The math concludes your post was just as inane the first 100 times you posted it. It's not aging well.
you seem sad.

have you not understood "cable" vs everything too?

you seem sad.
Not at all. Rather odd projection.

have you not understood "cable" vs everything too?
No confusion at all. Do you need some help understanding the difference between broadcast and cable?

Perhaps this would help

Not at all. Rather odd projection.

No confusion at all. Do you need some help understanding the difference between broadcast and cable?

Perhaps this would help
perhaps this will make you happy then...

EVENING ONLY News...

FOX NEWS ALL DAY...

Moderator's Warning:
Discuss the topic and not each other. I'm not feeling particularly patient today, so this is the only warning to stop the sniping at each other.

Thanks for the input. Now I know how to dump MSNBC, and whoever the other liberal sphincter is.
Number one in terms of ratings. Not surprising given they are the only major conservative cable news channel and conservatives seem to love this crap. The liberal audience has two to choose from. The real big winners are the network news shows.
There is a reason for their owning of you libbies: they are right. People see through the liberal lies you folks spout, and Fox is the actual big winner.

I did not realize that DirectTV has disconnected OAN from their service. It was announced in January ....

DirecTV Will No Longer Carry OAN Beginning Tuesday​

The satellite TV cable behemoth said earlier this year that it planned to no longer carry OAN, which was criticized for spreading false information about the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 presidential election, and its general spread of conspiracy theories, once its contract expires. OAN began airing on DirecTV in April 2017.

DirecTV is going through with the move despite Herring Networks Inc., which owns and operates OANN, having sued parent company AT&T on March 7, seeking $1 billion in damages, alleging that the removal of the network from the satellite service was politically inspired and “could be devastating” financially. Court records have shown that about 90% of OAN’s revenue is generated from its AT&T/DirecTV deals.

Poll: Voters trust ABC, CNN most, Fox News least​

Sure they do.....and that's why Foxnews has the largest audience by far and CNN is in the dumper and on the verge of failing..

Stupid thread..................

Poll: Voters trust ABC, CNN most, Fox News least​

Sure they do.....and that's why Foxnews has the largest audience by far and CNN is in the dumper and on the verge of failing..

Stupid thread..................
Actually ABC, NBC, CNN and MSNBC audience needs to be added together to portray an accurate comparison to Fox. Fox does not have any noted competition and the other networks split their audience. With DirectTV shutting down OAN, even the miniscule competition they afforded will no longer be as of Wed and DirectTV provides 90% of their audience.

I did not realize that DirectTV has disconnected OAN from their service. It was announced in January ....

DirecTV Will No Longer Carry OAN Beginning Tuesday​

The satellite TV cable behemoth said earlier this year that it planned to no longer carry OAN, which was criticized for spreading false information about the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 presidential election, and its general spread of conspiracy theories, once its contract expires. OAN began airing on DirecTV in April 2017.

DirecTV is going through with the move despite Herring Networks Inc., which owns and operates OANN, having sued parent company AT&T on March 7, seeking $1 billion in damages, alleging that the removal of the network from the satellite service was politically inspired and “could be devastating” financially. Court records have shown that about 90% of OAN’s revenue is generated from its AT&T/DirecTV deals.

OAN filed a lawsuit on March 15th , and a bunch of AG sent a letter to DirectTv about 'silencing conservative voices (led by Ken Paxton of Texas). Conservatives love the free market economy until they don't.

Online AP or Reuters

On the rare occasion i watch TV news usually BBC.

When you say cable news hosts i am assuming real journalist. Chris Wallace is old school, in the tradition of his father. He takes no prisoners, though as a debate moderator he was lacking.

Fox Corp LGBTQ Staff Group Condemns Fox News' 'Hateful' Rhetoric

Fox News’ overtly anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and coverage of Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill has generated outrage from elsewhere within the Murdoch media empire.

An employee networking and resource group for Fox Corporation’s LGBTQ staffers and allies earlier this month condemned the conservative cable giant’s “hateful” coverage of the new Florida law and issues surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity. The denunciation was in response to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) removing Fox Corp’s status as a preferred LGBTQ employer over its recent on-air rhetoric.

“Fox Pride denounces statements made regarding sexual orientation and gender identity on FOX News in the past week,” read the lengthy message posted on April 5 to the group’s company-wide Slack channel, which includes staffers from Fox News, Fox Weather, and other Fox brands. The note was verified and reviewed by The Daily Beast. “While the internal support and resources Fox Corp. offers to LGBTQ+ employees are amazing and supportive, the public facing messaging and rhetoric is the opposite. We find it disheartening and a step backward in the acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.”

The internal Slack message was first reported by media gossip site FTV Live.

The message, labeled as being “from the Fox Pride Board,” received dozens of positive emoji reactions from Fox-wide Slack users, including hearts and various pride flags. It is unclear when and how the note of condemnation was sent to Fox Corp brass.

Back
Top Bottom