• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1] Derek Chauvin convicted of murder in death of George Floyd

Yeah, right, but if Floyd were white this wouldn't have happened. Of course the trial was about a colour-blind assessment of the facts but if you think Chauvin would have knelt on a white man's neck till he was kneeling on a corpse you give him way too much credit for being an equal-opportunity asshole.
Chauvin killed Floyd because Floyd was black. He wouldn't have killed Floyd if Floyd were white. Chauvin is a racist and is part of the institution.
You can tell me that I don't know **** all about Chauvins motivations and I won't have any rebuttal but anyone with any awareness of how people function will agree that George Floyd was killed because Derek Chauvin had contempt for the black man under his knee.
You're making a lot of leaps in assumption without much evidence. Chauvin may very well be a racist, but we don't have any evidence to prove that claim. In fact, what you've posted here is nothing short of conjecture.

What we do know is that he was a bad cop and he abused his authority to the point that a man lost his life who should not have died that fateful day. I honestly don't believe it was Chauvin's intention to kill Floyd. I believe his ego took over and he showed the world that he was someone who cared very little for the life of another human being. Would it have been different if Floyd was white or Chauvin was black or this or that? Who knows? The game of Whatboutism™ is a silly game.

The bottom line here is that a bad cop who did a very bad thing was convicted of taking the life of another human being. This was a victory for humanity, not just [insert group here]. It doesn't matter if Chauvin is a racist or not at this point, he is now a convicted felon and for this we should be thankful that a bad cop is going to get what he deserves.

The spin doctors were ready--the verdict is due to the jury's fear of being murdered by the violent mob. It will be overturned. Meanwhile, no cop will step foot in the hood to protect another soul. There will be massive retirements and cops quitting, and it serves these violent animals right. Maxine Waters is of course primarily to blame.

That's what they're saying. It was ready the moment the word guilty came out of the foreman's mouth.

After reading your post I switched to Fox News quickly. Yup, that's what they're talking about.

When did I make an excuse? You understand there's a difference between a reason, and an excuse, right?
Yes. You don't bring any of the former but a lot of the latter.

I can show it. It is actually fairly easy to show.

Look at the charges filed in wobbler crimes and you have your proof.
Wrong.

Hmm....

Good to see the Racist Channel is acting in character.

The spin doctors were ready--the verdict is due to the jury's fear of being murdered by the violent mob. It will be overturned. Meanwhile, no cop will step foot in the hood to protect another soul. There will be massive retirements and cops quitting, and it serves these violent animals right. Maxine Waters is of course primarily to blame.

That's what they're saying. It was ready the moment the word guilty came out of the foreman's mouth.
Good. And the payroll of those that retiring/quitting should go to a department that handles mental health issues and another that handles drug abuse issues in their stead.

An interesting point I read earlier, there was always mention of Floyd's family members changing off to sit in on the trial. The space reserved for Chauvin was generally empty.

I know his wife filed for divorce right after he murdered Floyd, so it would seem there's not some overwhelming number of people that really cared to bother and show support. Maybe he'll be able to make some friends in prison.

I'm glad for the verdict. I believed from the beginning that the idiot cop killed him. I'm glad to see justice for Floyd and his family, and the cop will likely never see freedom again.

This has nothing to do with the broader topics being peddled by the media and race hustlers. One cop, one incident. Not the ACAB narrative.

The problem is that there is so much "one cop, one incident" that one can easily group them up to paint a very widespread unprofessional picture. Trees tend to create forests.

This dude ain’t goin into general pop. tho.

his life is def in danger if they are too careless.

glad to see the justice system functioning tho tbh. When I saw the video I was like if this dude walks...

I keep an eye on those critters.
I don't even bother. I wait to hear what my folks have to say, compare it to the very same conservative script that gets passed around in here, and assume FOX has done its thing.

BS make a saint out of a criminal. I will agree with a pastor who has said. Blacks are reincarnated souls from hell. You burn a body and it turns black. And all our local shootings are done by blacks. And it was OK for ugly floyd to rape a white women with his friends. Criminals have more rights than good law abiding citizens. Waters should be impeached for inciting violence. You better wake up !! The government don't care about people. You will be on your own to defend yourself.

What time is your next KKK meeting?

The jury's verdict just proved that the time is always right to do the right thing.

When did I say I disagree with the verdict? Go put words in someone else's mouth. He wasn't convicted of TRYING to kill Floyd, genius.
In the case of second-degree murder, there will still be death, intent to cause death, or intent to cause bodily harm knowing it would likely result in death.
OOPS!

I don't even bother. I wait to hear what my folks have to say, compare it to the very same conservative script that gets passed around in here, and assume FOX has done its thing.
I'm sorry about your folks.

I just wait until Twitter explodes with the reaction to whatever idiocy is spewed on the Hate Channel.

Back
Top Bottom