• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim

You don't believe the victim? Fairfax doesn't have to prove his innocence? That's only for people you don't like. Right?

39a49070-9832-4abd-acb5-e8597d885872.png

Apparently you've missed the sarcasm in my response to your comment. Here, let me explain the irony to you. You questioned 'where are all the liberals screaming' 'the victim should be believed no matter what'.

My response to you was 'where are those on the right screaming fake news, witch hunt, no proof'

Do you get what I meant by my response yet? It was meant to be a counterpoint to your point, see that yet?

I have not weighed in on Fairfax as far my own opinion either way because truthfully I simply don't care either way. Whether he resigns or whether he digs in and stays, doesn't matter to me. I DO care about people that can actually have a dangerous and negative effect on our entire country, not some bonehead Governor from anywhere. His staying or leaving doesn't put the U.S. in harm's way, so who cares.

39a49070-9832-4abd-acb5-e8597d885872.png

Apparently you've missed the sarcasm in my response to 'adpst'. Here, let me explain the irony to you. He questioned 'where are all the liberals screaming' 'the victim should be believed no matter what'.

My response was 'where are those on the right screaming fake news, witch hunt, no proof'

Do you get what I meant by my response yet? It was meant to be a counterpoint to his point, see that?

I have not weighed in on Fairfax as far my own opinion either way because truthfully I simply don't care either way. Whether he resigns or whether he digs in and stays, doesn't matter to me. I DO care about people that can actually have a dangerous and negative effect on our entire country, not some bonehead Governor from anywhere. His staying or leaving doesn't put the U.S. in harm's way, so who cares.

Yeah...I got your whataboutism.

The assumption I mentioned was specific to two posts made by two different posters on this thread.

Poster one assumed poster two was white. Poster one made a snide remark towards Poster two.

Poster two clearly stated he was not white. So, poster one made an assumption concerning poster two skin color, along with a snide remark and was wrong.

Are you also making assumptions concerning the numbers who support Trump via the color of their skin?

That is because your imagination is limited to your personal mindset concerning that matter.

Women can think for themselves.

Women don't' need you or anyone else to use their personal limited mindset to imagine who they should or should not support based on your label of...

The Commander in Chief. The duly elected 45th POTUS.

Roseann:)

My assumption was based on the fact that only about 8% of blacks voted for Trump in the last election. It seems my assumption is out of date:

Even as cable news networks debate reports of the existence of a recording of President Donald Trump using a racial slur, a new poll from Rasmussen Reports says that the president's approval rating among African-Americans is at 36 percent, nearly double his support at this time last year.

"Today's @realDonaldTrump approval ratings among black voters: 36%," Rasmussen said in a tweet. "This day last year: 19%."

That is a staggeringly high number for a man who only won 8 percent of the African-American vote in 2016.

Seems he's fooling more than 1/3 of blacks, as well as about the same number of non blacks. I'm amazed.

All 60 million angry white men?

I agree that no one in a rural area or red state should ever vote for any Democrat candidate for any office - ever. Nor should any Christian, anyone who is in farming or ranching, anyone who lives in a small town or small city, any white male, all blue collar workers, and anyone who is economically middle class.

Everyone on welfare and everyone who is a billionaire should vote Democratic.

Uh trump and the goons in his cabinet are Millionaires and Billionaires , the ignorant rubes in the Fly over states have been conned

northam gump pushed it forward again...

I doubt that, since the website that released Northam's blackface photo, also brought Fairfax's sexual assault accusation back to life.

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax issued a statement early Monday denying a sexual assault allegation that appeared on the same conservative website that posted a racist photograph from Gov. Ralph Northam’s medical school yearbook page.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...fb0f6c-272b-11e9-ad53-824486280311_story.html

That's all well and good but Fox had no business making the Washington Post the story. They weren't the story. Fairfax was. The only reason Fox did that was to drag them down. That's Fox's usual b.s. that passes for journalism to their lemmings.

Well, Fairfax brought the WaPo into the story by claiming they smeared him, so there's that. Not a lot of gratitude to the same paper who refused to run the same type of claim on him that they ran with for Kavanaugh.

Since sexual assault can include someone putting their arm around your shoulders, I'd like to know what he's accused of doing. It must have been bad if she's spent 13 years trying to forget it ever happened.

“The Post carefully investigated the claim for several months,” Fairfax’s office said in a statement. “After being presented with facts consistent with the Lt. Governor’s denial of the allegation, the absence of any evidence corroborating the allegation, and significant red flags and inconsistencies within the allegation, the Post made the considered decision not to publish the story.”

But I guess that doesn't matter. Another career ruined.

Not sure if this was addressed, but the claim of sexual assault involved is that Fairfax forced her to perform oral sex on him.

The funny thing is that dirtbag northam leaked the story in order to maintain his position.

The story was out for over a year, it just didn't get published. Lots of people knew.

Where are all the Liberals screaming that the victim should be believed, no matter what?

From the snippets I've seen today, Democrats are refusing to even address Fairfax and are pivoting to Northam's blackface photo and admission, saying he must resign.
This isn't Kavanaugh, yano!

Not excusing any behavior; but most saints have long departed this earth..........:shrug:

Not when they come marching in.

So which Democrat do you want running Virginia, a rapist or a racist baby-killer? :lol:

So which Democrat do you want running Virginia, a rapist or a racist baby-killer? :lol:

This is quite the soap opera in Virginia. The Dems would have us believe that Northam donning blackface 3+ decadesa ago is the more pressing issue, which is odd, since they got the #metoo ball rolling, claimed Trump is the *****-grabber in Chief and attempted to destroy Kavanaugh over sexual allegations, all proven false or not proven.
Further, Tyson's claim is far more recent than Dr. Ford's and the former is able to give great detail, unlike the latter.

Will Dems demand an FBI investigation? Will Dems demand a full investigation before Fairfax can have the title of Governor conferred upon him? Will Cory Booker be Spartacus and will he claim those who don't believe Tyson to be complicit in evil?

Oh, the drama.

This is quite the soap opera in Virginia. The Dems would have us believe that Northam donning blackface 3+ decadesa ago is the more pressing issue, which is odd, since they got the #metoo ball rolling, claimed Trump is the *****-grabber in Chief and attempted to destroy Kavanaugh over sexual allegations, all proven false or not proven.
Further, Tyson's claim is far more recent than Dr. Ford's and the former is able to give great detail, unlike the latter.

Will Dems demand an FBI investigation? Will Dems demand a full investigation before Fairfax can have the title of Governor conferred upon him? Will Cory Booker be Spartacus and will he claim those who don't believe Tyson to be complicit in evil?

Oh, the drama.

I'm waiting for Northram to deny that he ever attended Eastern Virginia Medical School. :lamo

Last checked California was the fifth largest economy in the world....The rural Red States in trump country?...Not so great

Perhaps, you should combine the following information with your last checked info concerning California.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/...leads-the-nation-in-poverty-and-homelessness/

The Orange County Register

Opinion Piece

California has the 5th largest economy in the world yet leads the nation in poverty and homelessness

By Sal Rodriguez PUBLISHED: May 4, 2018 at 5:14 pm | UPDATED: May 4, 2018 at 6:26 pm

snippet

In fact, according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental poverty measure, one in five Californians live in poverty, 20.4 percent to be exact, compared to a national average of 14.7 percent, the highest rate of poverty in the nation.

By extension, California also has the distinction of having the highest child poverty rate in the nation, with an average of 22.8 percent of California’s children living in poverty in 2013-15, including 5.1 percent living in “deep poverty.”

On top of it all, California is also the home of a quarter of the country’s homeless.

It is unconscionable that a state can be as wealthy and purportedly progressive as California is and yet fail as much as California does.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...ons-california-is-unsustainable/#4d91a9c13a23

Forbes Apr 19, 2018, 12:42pm Thomas Del Beccaro

The Top Four Reasons California Is Unsustainable

snippet

California is a place unlike any other on the Globe. It boasts perhaps the greatest natural resources of any state along with shining high-tech industries. However, like many good economic stories, government policies threaten its future.

Indeed, its government has made California unsustainable.

Of course, it wasn’t always this way. As the 1960s came to a close in California, it had a population of nearly twenty million. In the decade before, its economic strength afforded the construction of a vast State Water Project and higher education system that was the envy of the world. Matched with a majestic and trade friendly coastline, along with visionary business leaders, California’s future seemed secured.

No more – and here are the four major reasons California is at such great risk.

4. California's Infrastructure Deficit
3. Government Debt.
2. California’s Taxes and Regulations.
1. The California Governments.

Is there a silver lining in this story?

If you are living in one of the 49 other states, you should learn from the lesson that is California. If you are living in California, there is always the lesson of how Michigan came to be governed by a more centrist government. Of course, that came after the failure of the prior government. For now, however, for all its concern for sustainable foods and products, California is on a high-speed rail to unsustainability.

My assumption was based on the fact that only about 8% of blacks voted for Trump in the last election. It seems my assumption is out of date:

Seems he's fooling more than 1/3 of blacks, as well as about the same number of non blacks. I'm amazed.

Interesting, that you have chosen once again...to continue making assumptions.

You newest assumption being "that they have been fooled"

Have you even considered the possibility that they are now supporting Trump based on their ability to apply real life situational reasoning which has resulted in the changing of their minds?

Perhaps, if you even considered for a nano second the idea I presented above, you wouldn't have been amazed.

situation definition:

:all of the facts, conditions, and events that affect someone or something at a particular time and in a particular place

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/situation

Not sure if this was addressed, but the claim of sexual assault involved is that Fairfax forced her to perform oral sex on him.

found this: The woman described a sexual encounter that began with consensual kissing and ended with a forced act that left her crying and shaken. She said Fairfax guided her to the bed, where they continued kissing, and then at one point she realized she could not move her neck. She said Fairfax used his strength to force her to perform oral sex.

She doesn't have teeth?

found this: The woman described a sexual encounter that began with consensual kissing and ended with a forced act that left her crying and shaken. She said Fairfax guided her to the bed, where they continued kissing, and then at one point she realized she could not move her neck. She said Fairfax used his strength to force her to perform oral sex.

She doesn't have teeth?
Using teeth or not using teeth (so easy to armchair quarterback), it was still allegedly done without consent. Once forced in, it's done.

Using teeth or not using teeth (so easy to armchair quarterback), it was still allegedly done without consent. Once forced in, it's done.

Guess I just come at it from my perspective. I've had that attempted and the guy was sore for awhile, but the last time I advocated standing up for yourself and fighting back, I was slammed here for not having enough sympathy. I'll just leave it at that.

Guess I just come at it from my perspective. I've had that attempted and the guy was sore for awhile, but the last time I advocated standing up for yourself and fighting back, I was slammed here for not having enough sympathy. I'll just leave it at that.

I think we need to understand and respect that women will react differently. We don't know what she was thinking in the moment, but perhaps she'll elucidate further.

Vanessa Tyson appears to be minority'ish. It's going to look really bad if the Libbos believe the blonde haired white chick like it's gospel and call the colored gal a liar.

Attachments

• nl0cjV7r.jpg
    nl0cjV7r.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 16
Another scandal is brewing in Virginia, even as Governor Northam's blackface/infanticide scandal is fully ablaze. The source is the same entity which published Northam's blackface yearbook photo and broke the story.

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim, amid political storm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vi...exual-assault-allegation-amid-political-storm

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax issued a forceful pre-dawn denial on Monday to an allegation of sexual assault that surfaced after 15 years, in the latest political bombshell to rock Richmond where Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is battling resignation calls over a racist photo from his medical school yearbook.

Fairfax, who would be next in line for governor should Northam bow to pressure and resign, called the allegation “defamatory” and “false.”

NORTHAM HAS UNSCHEDULED STAFF MEETING AMID CALLS FOR RESIGNATION: REPORT

“Lt. Governor Fairfax has an outstanding and well-earned reputation for treating people with dignity and respect,” the statement from his office read. “He has never assaulted anyone—ever—in any way, shape, or form.”
The allegation was first posted by Big League Politics, the same political blog that published the now-infamous yearbook photo showing someone in blackface and someone in a KKK costume, from Northam's 1984 yearbook page. Despite initially apologizing for appearing in the photo, he now denies either of the individuals is him.

The blog, in the post that prompted Fairfax's denial, claimed that a fellow at Stanford University said a man sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Mass.

“Imagine you were sexually assaulted during the DNC Convention in Boston in 2004 by a campaign staffer. You spend the next 13 years trying to forget it ever happened. Until one day you find out he’s the Democratic candidate for statewide office in a state some 3000 miles away, and he wins that election in November 2017,” a post from the reported accuser said, according to the blog. “Then, by strange, horrible luck, it seems increasingly likely that he’ll get a VERY BIG promotion.”

She did not name Fairfax, but the report implied she was referring to the lieutenant governor, who then responded to it...

But but but I thought everyone is guilty until proven innocent. I wonder what Fairfax thought of the Kavannaugh hearings? Surely Kavannaugh was guilty.

Back
Top Bottom