• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim

Funny to see all the old white men afraid of a Freshman Congress woman...Man up

Not wanting an economic collapse in the U.S. isn't fear. It's love for one's family and friends.

6JtA82y.png

Wow you angry white men sure are sensitive...Grow a pair...LOL

I'm not white. Thanks for bringing your racism out of the closet. :lamo

Er...whut?

I clarified this later.
this was just a general statement.
post didn't come out correctly and no way to edit it
so i issued a correction.

in no way condoning or validating what happened to her.

As you young people say, OMG!

Liberals were all getting ready to congratulate Lieutenant Governor Fairfax's promotion to the governorship -- and now this.

Not to worry though.

1. It seems that the accusation was originally rejected.

2. Liberals are absolutely beside themselves with joy because they will soon be getting a Governor Fairfax. That fact trumps (excuse me for that verb!) any other factor. Liberals have NO problem telling the MeToo movement to get lost when it suits them to do so.

So, your entire reasoning is based on a New York Post opinion piece?

This is an excerpt from the mentioned NY Times article:

The secret project, carried out on Facebook and Twitter, was likely too small to have a significant effect on the race, in which the Democratic candidate it was designed to help, Doug Jones, edged out the Republican, Roy S. Moore. But it was a sign that American political operatives of both parties have paid close attention to the Russian methods, which some fear may come to taint elections in the United States.
One participant in the Alabama project, Jonathon Morgan, is the chief executive of New Knowledge, a small cyber security firm that wrote a scathing account of Russia’s social media operations in the 2016 election that was released this week by the Senate Intelligence Committee.
An internal report on the Alabama effort, obtained by The New York Times, says explicitly that it “experimented with many of the tactics now understood to have influenced the 2016 elections.”
So, A) where was this hacking you accused Democrats?

B) Nothing in that opinion piece or the Times article states that Roy Moore was not a pedophile, as his accusers attest.

B) Nothing in that opinion piece or the Times article states that Roy Moore was not a pedophile, as his accusers attest.

Well, first things first. A specific article names names and specific amounts of money .....

This from the New York times.

...Despite its small size, the Alabama project brought together some prominent names in the world of political technology. The funding came from Reid Hoffman, the billionaire co-founder of LinkedIn, who has sought to help Democrats catch up with Republicans in their use of online technology...

It's the specificity of the article, names and specific money amounts that make this article "not an opinion piece. Unless this information is wrong or simply dreamed up by the author of the article (this is the New York times of course) this fact.

This is a corroborating article from The Daily Beast. It's reporting an investigation by Alabama's attorney general. I believe one should be done. If possible charges should be brought.

Face it. The Democratic Party no longer supports the working class. It's wedded to corporations and "may" well be using morally repugnant campaign methods, if not illegal ones, in an effort to undermine the validity of U.S. elections. Sobering stuff there MT.

....Alabama’s attorney general announced Thursday that his office is reviewing an alleged disinformation campaign against former U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore—who lost his bid to Democrat Doug Jones in a startling special election last December. “The information is concerning,” Attorney General Steve Marshall told The Washington Post. “The impact it had on the election is something that’s significant for us to explore, and we’ll go from there.” Marshall said his office would be exploring the matter, but stopped short of saying a formal investigation had been launched. The campaign, called Project Birmingham, used some of the same tactics employed by Russian trolls during the 2016 presidential election and went so far as to plant fake evidence that Russian bots were backing Moore’s candidacy, the Post reports. The disinformation effort also included a Facebook page, set up by the chief executive of the social-media firm New Knowledge, that reportedly attempted to sway Republicans away from the GOP candidate. That Facebook page was suspended this month. Marshall’s investigation has been supported by Jones, who said that “illegal influence operations are a serious threat to our democracy...

Last edited:

Now, just in case you didn't know Reid Hoffman here's the link. The guy who paid for the dirty tricks tech campaign to subvert an election in far off Alabama.

Anyway back to Reid, he's a sillicon Valley billionaire and open borders guy. Why open borders? Simple, it's less expensive to hire foreign nationals than Americans. You've heard of Americans, right?

Of course you wouldn't have any problem with open borders billionaires buying/subverting U.S. elections wouldja'? I mean, you being a "liberal" and all. I mean, a guy like you. You voted for Hillary. One of the most corrupt people to run for the white house in the last hundred years. You don't have a problem with subverting the electoral process and all. You're fine with this right?;

giphy.gif

I don't know why you give that guy the time of day, Apdst.. Completely useless, IMO. Just like that other clown around here, can't mention him because he is a reporting machine, if you know what I mean.. hey that rhymes.. :)

Tim-

Virginia without doubt elected a KKK wannabe as governor & a sexual harasser for Lt. Governor. The collar counties of
Washington DC populated by left wing government workers allied with newly immigrating 3rd worlders from every
country on earth can really pick them from the bottom of the barrel. They displaced the Virginia I knew when I graduated from
college there 40 years ago & resulting in this sickening scenario. What's the next disaster for this newest of the blue states.

Maybe they'll draft AOC to become there new leader though she isn't age & doesn't reside in the state. Write some new legislation
moving the goal posts allowing her eligibility & if anyone disapproves of the move assign them the attributes of being racists or Nazi's!

I don't know why you give that guy the time of day, Apdst.. Completely useless, IMO. Just like that other clown around here, can't mention him because he is a reporting machine, if you know what I mean.. hey that rhymes.. :)

Tim-

Who knew all you trump loving loud mouths are so sensitive?...Bring it on...I never report

Well, he just called me an "old white man. I can't tell whether he's a racist, gender biased, or an ageist. Of course he could be all three.

Well, he just called me an "old white man. I can't tell whether he's a racist, gender biased, or an ageist. Of course he could be all three.

Yeah I pretty much nailed it on all 3....Show a little pride

Well, first things first. A specific article names names and specific amounts of money .....

This from the New York times.

It's the specificity of the article, names and specific money amounts that make this article "not an opinion piece. Unless this information is wrong or simply dreamed up by the author of the article (this is the New York times of course) this fact.

This is a corroborating article from The Daily Beast. It's reporting an investigation by Alabama's attorney general. I believe one should be done. If possible charges should be brought.

Face it. The Democratic Party no longer supports the working class. It's wedded to corporations and "may" well be using morally repugnant campaign methods, if not illegal ones, in an effort to undermine the validity of U.S. elections. Sobering stuff there MT.

I still don't grasp your point. You claimed Democrats hacked the Alabama election. There is no evidence of that. The best that you can do is claim that the project was do encourage more Democratic participation and discourage Republicans. In other words, exactly what Republicans have been doing for a generation -- but when Democrats experiment on a small scale, you get your panties in bunch.

I still don't grasp your point. You claimed Democrats hacked the Alabama election. There is no evidence of that. The best that you can do is claim that the project was do encourage more Democratic participation and discourage Republicans. In other words, exactly what Republicans have been doing for a generation -- but when Democrats experiment on a small scale, you get your panties in bunch.

No. The New York Times article indicated the Mr. Hoffman paid computer techs to engage in the same tactics used by the Russians during the 2016 election in an effort to affect the outcome. The Alabama attorney general is looking into this matter to determine if any election laws were violated or if this is just a case of dirty politics.

In regards to the Republican Party please feel free to link any article indicating they've engaged in an effort to alter the outcome of elections using either these or any illegal means.

Wow paranoid to boot...Best you stay in your Fly over state.....

There's nothing "paranoid" about not wanting the same policies that gave us Venezuela (that picture is from Venezuela) being enacted here by OAC.

There's nothing "paranoid" about not wanting the same policies that gave us Venezuela (that picture is from Venezuela) being enacted here by OAC.

You sound clueless and uniformed.....Afraid of freshman Congress Woman...Please stay in your Fly over State....

I've taken some of those over the years but It's been quite some time since I have. I always registered dead center, or thereabouts. I've never known anyone that didn't consider me a dyed in the wool conservative.

My guess the differences between those programs and reality is just where you put the baseline.

Since I've now been thrown off yet another political forum, first WS by Atticus, and now PH by I can't even remember their names, I'm left wondering just where you are politically these days.

So, riddle me this DN, are you still the establishment Democrat of old are are you now a believer in the new Ocasio Cortez Venezuela inspired wing of the Democratic party now?

inquiring_minds_logo.png

Well, inquiring mind, here you go:
First, Ocasio Cortez, naive young woman that she is, is more inspired by Bernie Sanders and the Nordic countries than by Venezuela. The real mystery there is why so many right wingers are so interested in her. It doesn't seem to be a sexual thing, maybe it's semantics or something.
Second, my philosophy is more inspired by the Declaration of Independence, where it says that we are endowed by our creator with inalienable rights, and that the purpose of government is to protect those rights. All too many people calling themselves "libertarians" are really anarchists, or close to it. Without government, there is no way to protect individual rights from more powerful entities.
As for such issues as affordable medical care and "free" college tuition, we used to have those, at least in California. Greed and inefficiency have largely taken them away. We could get them back again without bankrupting the country.
When it comes to wars, I believe that there is a reason why the power to declare war was vested in the Legislative branch and not the executive. Congress needs to take that power back again before we have any more Orwellian limited and never ending wars.
The welfare state is a favorite of the left wingers, but it really doesn't work. There needs to be a serious overhaul, not one that will kick even more Americans out into the street, but one that assures that people who work have it better than people who don't. As it is, we don't have such a situation.
Abortion and marriage are individual decisions. The government should butt out of them.

That's just off the top of my head. There is more.

Where are all the pitch fork and torch people on this guy?

Where are all the conservatives insisting off the cuff that the accuser is a horrible lying slut who conspired with unidentified liberals to frame the accused?

See....that was easy. Don't try playing The Hypocrite Game unless you've first looked in your own back yard.

Back
Top Bottom