• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

violence aginst women-funny , if it's a right winger

You act like Bristol was some women that got beat by her spouse. Look at the police report. She was at a party, everybody drunk, a fight breaks between Track and her sister's boyfriend, then her brother Todd starts choking the guys father, at which point Bristol hits the host several times and it all went on from there. If that ain't some Jerry Springer **** I don't know what is. What other party VP nominee has ever gotten into crap like that?
Was it the VP nominee that did it?

Perhaps Palins kids should follow the path of Bidens kids...let go of the alcohol and stick with marijuana and coke. Man...that Biden must be a total piece of ****.

So Mrs. Rice had it coming since she slapped Ray first (at least by what I saw). .

As someone who has been attacked by drunken women on occasion---it might have been something I said---it isn't necessary to punch the woman.
In all instances, backing up, blocking their flailing blows and trying not to laugh defused the situation.
Ray Rice blasted his wife when all he had to do was block her ineffectual drunken assault.
I'm amazed that he received such a light sentence from the courts, who had seen the elevator video.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

You're all heart. I'm interested to know what calling them "white trash" means to you that it excuses anything that could possibly happen? Does it mean that it should be open season on them no matter what? That we'd, in fact, all be better off if the whole family died in a fire? That it's completely fine to steal their property? That all trailors should be crushed with the people still in them (my brother lives in one).

I don't like the thought of any man bloodying up any woman, spouse or not, and I've always said that and it's never been dependent on who the woman is.

Once again you are portraying this like Bristol was some women that got beat by her spouse. Look at the police report. She was at a party, everybody drunk, a fight breaks between Track and her sister's boyfriend, then her brother Todd starts choking the guys father, at which point Bristol hits the host several times and it all went on from there. If someone would have been arrested it would have been Bristol as the primary aggressor. The only violence against Bristol was the man she was hitting pushing her off him. Leave it to America's professional victim complex family to then call that violence against women as if its no different than a man beating his wife or girlfriend…

Was it the VP nominee that did it?

Perhaps Palins kids should follow the path of Bidens kids...let go of the alcohol and stick with marijuana and coke. Man...that Biden must be a total piece of ****.

If the Biden's were like the Palin's they would be claiming their son was the victim right now.

If the Biden's were like the Palin's they would be claiming their son was the victim right now.

Victim of what?

Why are you smug left wing hypocrites defending smug left hypocrite Carol Costello for what was clearly,unquestionably inapproporiate?

Oh wait I think I just answered it . LOL

'WAr on Women!!!!"...'Women only make 70 cents on the Dollar!!!"

What a bunch of phonies.

Victim of what?

Why are you smug left wing hypocrites defending smug left hypocrite Carol Costello for what was clearly,unquestionably inapproporiate?

Oh wait I think I just answered it . LOL

'WAr on Women!!!!"...'Women only make 70 cents on the Dollar!!!"

What a bunch of phonies.

I am not arguing that what Carol Costello did was tasteless. However, its absurd to call this "violence against women". It was a drunken brawl where according to both witnesses and the police report, the Palins were the primary aggressors. To call it "violence against women" and thus compare that to the plight of women enduring abuse by their husband or boyfriend, its offensive.

I am not arguing that what Carol Costello did was tasteless. However, its absurd to call this "violence against women". It was a drunken brawl where according to both witnesses and the police report, the Palins were the primary aggressors. To call it "violence against women" and thus compare that to the plight of women enduring abuse by their husband or boyfriend, its offensive.

So it's okay to beat up a woman when it's part of a drunken brawl?

So it's okay to beat up a woman when it's part of a drunken brawl?

Read the police report. Read the accounts by the witnesses. She did not get beat up. She was at a party, everybody drunk, a fight breaks between Track and her sister's boyfriend, then her brother Todd starts choking the guys father, at which point Bristol hits the host several times and it all went on from there. ... The Palin's were the primary aggressors. Had their been arrests they would have been the ones that went to jail.

How anyone can compare that to an abused woman is beyond me. Well, wait, I can see how our countries professional victims, the Palins can, but how any decent individual can make such a comparison is beyond me.

Read the police report. Read the accounts by the witnesses. She did not get beat up. She was at a party, everybody drunk, a fight breaks between Track and her sister's boyfriend, then her brother Todd starts choking the guys father, at which point Bristol hits the host several times and it all went on from there. ... The Palin's were the primary aggressors. Had their been arrests they would have been the ones that went to jail.

How anyone can compare that to an abused woman is beyond me. Well, wait, I can see how our countries professional victims, the Palins can, but how any decent individual can make such a comparison is beyond me.

So your contention is that there was no attack on Bristol Palin and she made it up.

So your contention is that there was no attack on Bristol Palin and she made it up.

Yes, that is exactly my contention. If she was attacked, then why did she not tell the police at the time? Why did her brother at first try to give a fake name to the police? Why do no witnesses at the time claim she was attacked? Even her own sister claimed at the time she was swinging at the host. The police report and and the accounts from witnesses at the time are clear.

Yes, that is exactly my contention. If she was attacked, then why did she not tell the police at the time? Why did her brother at first try to give a fake name to the police? Why do no witnesses at the time claim she was attacked? Even her own sister claimed at the time she was swinging at the host. The police report and and the accounts from witnesses at the time are clear.

Okay, so that's what you were saying. She made it all up. Did she hit herself too?

Okay, so that's what you were saying. She made it all up. Did she hit herself too?

Is it anywhere in the police report that she was hit? Do any witnesses claim she was hit?

According to witnesses, the Palin family arrived at Klingenmeyer's home in a Hummer limousine and were involved in the brawls that took place later that evening.

At least two fights took place, according to witness statements -- one in the street in front of the home involving Todd Palin and son Track, and another behind the home, where multiple witnesses said they watched daughter Bristol Palin punch Klingenmeyer repeatedly in the face.

Palin brawl photos, audio released | Alaska Dispatch

Police photos are here: Photos: Police photos from fight involving Palin family | Alaska Dispatch

So yeah, its obvious she is now lying. There are women in abusive relationships that get beat by their spouse and live in constant fear. For the Palin's to now compare their drunken brawl to that is just disgusting.

Is it anywhere in the police report that she was hit? Do any witnesses claim she was hit?

Palin brawl photos, audio released | Alaska Dispatch

Police photos are here: Photos: Police photos from fight involving Palin family | Alaska Dispatch

So yeah, its obvious she is now lying. There are women in abusive relationships that get beat by their spouse and live in constant fear. For the Palin's to now compare their drunken brawl to that is just disgusting.

"Disgusting"? That's a little dramatic.

So I guess the party host was lying when he said he pushed her down twice, too. Or is pushing a woman okay?

"“The next time she came up to hit me, and I grabbed her fist and I pushed her down. She tried to get up again and hit me and I pushed her down."

"Disgusting"? That's a little dramatic.

So I guess the party host was lying when he said he pushed her down twice, too. Or is pushing a woman okay?

"“The next time she came up to hit me, and I grabbed her fist and I pushed her down. She tried to get up again and hit me and I pushed her down."

That is self defense. The cops saw it as self defense. What battered women's advocate would claim that a man pushing a woman away from him that was attacking him was a batterer? She was drunk, throwing punches at the host in front of God and everybody, and he pushed her away. Moreover, in the report she stated she was uninjured. How do you see that as an attack on Bristol? You can read it here:

Palin Clan Brawl: Seven Amazing Moments Revealed By The Police Report

That is self defense. The cops saw it as self defense. What battered women's advocate would claim that a man pushing a woman away from him that was attacking him was a batterer? She was drunk, throwing punches at the host in front of God and everybody, and he pushed her away. Moreover, in the report she stated she was uninjured. How do you see that as an attack on Bristol? You can read it here:

Ray Rice's wife swung at him first. It was captured on video right before he knocked her down. Was that self defense too?

If the media treated the Bidens like they did the Palins, they would probably have cause.But really...its not about if they claim victimhood status...its about if they are scumbag cokeheads.

Ray Rice's wife swung at him first. It was captured on video right before he knocked her down. Was that self defense too?

You seem to be a very reasonable person. Are you honestly comparing Ray Rice punching his fiance in the face and knocking her out cold, to a man hosting a party pushing a drunk woman away from him that was hitting him? Seriously, think about that, are you willing to make such an absurd comparison?

What would you have had the host do instead? Bristol starts hitting him, what should he have done? It seems to me that pushing away was the best possible course of action for him to take. Particularly being she was completely uninjured. The host of the party did not proceed to beat the living **** out of Bristol when she hit him, if he did, it would have been an example of violence against women. Instead, he pushed a drunk away from him that was assaulting him. Why on earth would you compare that to Ray Rice beating his fiance?

You seem to be a very reasonable person. Are you honestly comparing Ray Rice punching his fiance in the face and knocking her out cold, to a man hosting a party pushing a drunk woman away from him that was hitting him? Seriously, think about that, are you willing to make such an absurd comparison?

What would you have had the host do instead? Bristol starts hitting him, what should he have done? It seems to me that pushing away was the best possible course of action for him to take. Particularly being she was completely uninjured.

You said there was no issue with him pushing her down - twice, by his own admission - because it was self-defense. It's not an absurd comparison at all. Ray Rice's wife (then fiancée) took a swing at him, same as what the party host said Palin did. To you, there is a distinction. To people who don't actively dislike any of the Palins, there should be no distinction, unless you feel that pushing a woman down is perfectly acceptable?

FCOL. A TPM 'wrarp-up' of events ? How much deeper do you want to dig a hole for yourself.

Eh, liberal or conservative drunken brawls are hilarious to me. It showcases stupid and drunk people without endangering me.
That certainly qualifies you to be a social commentator on CNN or MSNBC.

Last edited:
You said there was no issue with him pushing her down - twice, by his own admission - because it was self-defense. It's not an absurd comparison at all. Ray Rice's wife (then fiancée) took a swing at him, same as what the party host said Palin did. To you, there is a distinction. To people who don't actively dislike any of the Palins, there should be no distinction, unless you feel that pushing a woman down is perfectly acceptable?

Pushing a woman down that is hitting you at a party in order to prevent her from continuing to hit you is perfectly acceptable. Moreover, its perfectly legal. Anytime you are being attacked its perfectly legal and acceptable to push someone away from you to prevent further physical attack.

What is not acceptable is when a woman hits you, and you proceed to beat the living **** out of them as a response.

Any reasonable person can see the difference. Bristol attacks the host. He pushes her down. She then tries to attack again, he pushes her down again. Other than taking off running, that was his only recourse. What else would you have had him do?

Pushing a woman down that is hitting you at a party in order to prevent her from continuing to hit you is perfectly acceptable. Moreover, its perfectly legal. Anytime you are being attacked its perfectly legal and acceptable to push someone away from you to prevent further physical attack.

What is not acceptable is when a woman hits you, and you proceed to beat the living **** out of them as a response.

Any reasonable person can see the difference. Bristol attacks the host. He pushes her down. She then tries to attack again, he pushes her down again. Other than taking off running, that was his only recourse. What else would you have had him do?

Okay, so I understand your logic now. It's okay for men to push women to the ground multiple times as long as she hit him first.

Okay, so I understand your logic now. It's okay for men to push women to the ground multiple times as long as she hit him first.

No its ok for a man or woman to push another individual down that is hitting them. If the individual tries to then attack them again, it is ok for them to push them down again. I think that just about anyone would agree with that, including the Palin's defenders (if it were involving anyone else other than the Palin's).

As I pointed out earlier in the thread, I grew up watching my mother get the crap beat out of her by her boyfriend at the time. You will not find any man out there that is more against men that abuse women than I am. Which is why I find it absolutely disgusting that anyone would compare this incident as recounted by numerous witnesses and the police report itself, to violence against women. Bristol and her family were drunk, and she attacked a man on his own property. In response he pushed her to prevent being hit again. For anyone to compare that to what Ray Rice did is disgusting, but that is the is the problem with defending trash like the Palin's. To do so you have to drag yourself down to their level.

Back
Top Bottom