• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Verdict reached - 07/13/13 [W:395, 619, 1357, 1549] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Verdict reached - 07/13/13

You need to go back and read what followed.
There was no meeting of minds, so you are not at anyone's mercy.

We had an agreement. Finalize the terms and tell me what you wish me to do, sir.

Re: Zimmerman found "Not Guilty"…

That's ridiculous. How about not judging someone by how they dress at all. If we follow your advice WHO decides what "dressing like a winner" looks like.

Common sense! It's fairly obvious which of these two is going to get more respect, and it has nothing to do with race.

denzel-cover-slideshow.jpg

vs

Attachments

• Plies-UCO-000959.jpg
    Plies-UCO-000959.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 72

Hey...I've been civil about this, in fact, I think George is 100% innocent.

Don't take it personally... I say it generally and it doesn't apply to all liberals.

Just watch MSNBC. Every time Al Sharpton comes on air, he's threatening suit after suit after suit against Zimmerman. He's basically calling this a sham jury simply because after an entire year of the media condemning Zimmerman to death, they got it wrong all along, and now he's bitter. It's "Freddie's Fashion Mart" all over again.

Is Sharpton anorexic or just sick?

As did the actions of Martin.

Ok? I don't believe i said otherwise. It's kinda pointless though talking about Martin not being "really free" to live for the rest of his life, irrespective of the verdict, (which is what my post addressed) when he's already dead though isn't it...

Verdict reached - 07/13/13 [W:395]

He was Neighborhood watch, in a neighborhood that had been consistently abused by (You know who and I suspect others of a similar nature), as such he was in FACT obligated to follow someone he REASONABLY suspected was up to no good.

If Trayvon had not been so determined to punk it up, he wouldn't be dead. PERIOD!

He attacked an innocent person, FOR NO GOOD REASON… and he paid the highest possible price he could have paid for doing so.

My guess is that there are Mothers of dubious natures, who as a result of this, are taking a little more concern for where junior is and taking a whole lot less sass for their efforts in inquiring about there whereabouts when it comes up.

And if THAT is what comes out of this, then while tragic, it could easily be well worth it.

No, his duty as a volunteer watchman was to report the suspicious activity and allow the police to do their job- he took it upon himself to go above and beyond. There is a reason the 911 told him to stay put. How did Z suspect M was up to no good? Because he looked a certain way?

He used to be overweight... I would guess diabetic or some other health issue.

The mods got there work cut out for them keeping up with this mess... lol

So if I walk into a clubhouse full of Crips and say, "Yo, the Bloods are kick-ass and you're all faggots!" I have no responsibility for the reaction?

What does that have to do with this case?

In answer to your question, in a legal sense, no. Whoever hurt or killed you would be tried and found guilty.

OMFG...

MSNBC is not even talking about the case anymore.... they are talking about blacks in the criminal justice system...

Clue to idiots..... this case has nothing to do with blacks being charged in the criminal justice system!

Now they're going talking about going after Stand Your Ground laws. I hope they fail...miserably.

This was an important aspect of the trial. The SYG protocol for no-arrest would have been under serious pressure with a guilty verdict.

You're allowed to do it per the rules, it's just very weird and uncalled for.

In the post I originally responded to, you weren't discussing the issues, you were openly critical of Florida's laws - a state you don't live in. It's as if you're trying to decide what's best for others when your own country has plenty of issues for you to be worried about.

Don't concern yourself with Florida. Florida will do just fine without Peter King's input.

Gosh, and there I was thinking that discussing the law on which this verdict was based was relevant to the discussion and the not guilty verdict.

Florida will do just fine without the opinion of anyone and anything.

I will give my opinion about issues and that is not weird or uncalled for IMHO and that is all that counts for me.

I never thought the jury would skip manslaughter. I thought the political pressure was to high. But this was the right verdict.

Eh, did a quick search, turns out he did it for his daughter and a longer life:

More recently, his daughter asked him why he was “so fat” and why he wore (baggy) jogging suits so often, hinting that his appearance may have been embarrassing to her. That was the last straw. He was determined to get fit.

Re: Verdict reached - 07/13/13 [W:395]

No, his duty as a volunteer watchman was to report the suspicious activity and allow the police to do their job- he took it upon himself to go above and beyond. There is a reason the 911 told him to stay put. How did Z suspect M was up to no good? Because he looked a certain way?

I think the point so many seem to be missing here is this:

A jury has to find the defendant guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.

The prosecution did not meet this.

This trial is OVER.

YOU can go on and on about should've, would've, could've happened...but this trial is over. The defense wins, the prosecution failed.

Last edited:

Race baiting is much easier when you have a town and authorities who made a poor decision about investigation and gave them ammo. Sure, they could have ignored it, but they are ratings whores and I am not expecting them to change that since it is pretty much encouraged by increased ratings. It is their job. It would have been much harder had the police and prosecutors handled the case in a more vigilant fashion to start off with. Had they just investigated every avenue like we pay them to, and let the jury sort it based on evidence from the beginning they could have avoided being labelled as racist or corrupt later when they were being hammered by both sides.

The locals did investigate, Zimmerman was questioned and released. The available evidence was examined. Determination was made that there was no case. The locals apparently did their job. All this trial proved from that standpoint was that the locals were correct a year ago.

Martin maybe should have hit Zimmerman to death? He then could have claimed he felt threatened by Zimmerman and acted in self defense? I think it is down to the actions of Zimmerman for the most part that this young man is dead. You might think Martin caused his own death, I am of the opinion that the choices and actions of Zimmerman caused this tragedy.

Where is the evidence that Martin felt threateden at all.

As a matter of fact, from his call to his friend onthe phone, it didn't sound like he was threatened but anxious for a confrontation.

Look, ya just can't come in here with the facts wrong after it's over. People aren't gonna bother correcting you.

Eh, did a quick search, turns out he did it for his daughter and a longer life:

Well, I hope his daughter calls him a race pimp soon. Perhaps he'll knock that off too then.

This was an important aspect of the trial. The SYG protocol for no-arrest would have been under serious pressure with a guilty verdict.

Yeah, one of the main reasons I favored the verdict that was rendered. I just hope the politicos don't succumb to the knee-jerk reaction.

He was Neighborhood watch, in a neighborhood that had been consistently abused by (You know who and I suspect others of a similar nature), as such he was in FACT obligated to follow someone he REASONABLY suspected was up to no good.

If Trayvon had not been so determined to punk it up, he wouldn't be dead. PERIOD!

He attacked an innocent person, FOR NO GOOD REASON… and he paid the highest possible price he could have paid for doing so.

My guess is that there are Mothers of dubious natures, who as a result of this, are taking a little more concern for where junior is and taking a whole lot less sass for their efforts in inquiring about there whereabouts when it comes up.

And if THAT is what comes out of this, then while tragic, it could easily be well worth it.

While there are socially required expressions of sympathy for parents losing their child regards of age, I do not see reason to feel sense of social lose or excuses when a violent assailant is shot by his victim while in the act of the assault - and the law technically claiming a 6+ foot tall 17 year old a minor (with many in the media and press outright lying converting this to "a young child.")

That assailant, not the victim, died. That is the right outcome.

The MOST outrageous comment so far? To declare that Trayvon Martin was a civil rights advocate and should be remembered along with African Americans who actually were murdered because of their involvement in the great African-American civil rights movement. Given MLK Jr's stress for non-violence, it is totally outrageous to put TM into that context.

We had an agreement. Finalize the terms and tell me what you wish me to do, sir.
Tell you what to do?
Okay!

Go back and read what followed.
You will see that we had no true agreement.
So you are not beholden to anybody.

Where is the evidence that Martin felt threateden at all.

As a matter of fact, from his call to his friend onthe phone, it didn't sound like he was threatened but anxious for a confrontation.

And I figure she was egging him on, thus her "I didn't know it was deadly serious" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom