• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vast majority of Republicans think country better off than 4 years ago?

Which came first? The police killing of an unarmed black man, or the protests. It just happened again yesterday. It keeps happening. Here is what I will guarantee you. Stop the unnecessary shooting of unarmed black and brown people, and the protests will stop.

Feel free to arrest and punish all the looters and arsonists and leave the protesters alone. Keep killing and shooting unnecessarily and the protests will continue, and get much worse.

Not sure of the circumstances involving the latest shootings, so will refrain from any comment, but wish the familes all the best. People have a right to protest in this country, no doubt, but they do not have the right to riot and loot in this country. It will continue as this is what the left wants, for they will not stand up to lawbreakers on our streets during an election year....this speaks volumes on the character of these people, imo.

i would not expect you to understand

Of course not. I read the lines. You only read between them, seeing what you want to see even if that involves peeing on the pages and holding it upside down against a light bulb.

#4MoreYears.

Of course not. I read the lines. You only read between them, seeing what you want to see even if that involves peeing on the pages and holding it upside down against a light bulb.

#4MoreYears.

the mind is a terrible thing to waste

I'll take your word for it. Your nominee certainly is evidence of that. Good luck selling both the economy sucks, but we're raising taxes, driving up the cost of your gas and electricity, and insurance to the electorate. Most are not democrats. They'll see through your pissy wet paper.

Obama deliberately slowed down the recovery. That's a new one.

-Given typical economic cycles, you would have to say Trump prevented another recession that was due early in his administration. Wouldn't you.
-What unemployment rate does the Fed consider full employment and how much lower was it under Trump?
-"Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket, regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I'm capping greenhouse gases,"
"Coal power plants, natural gas, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money onto consumers." - Guess who?
-How many EPA regulations were established under Obama?
-Hey, remember Solyndra?

YOu really do not know anything about the economy and the effect on it the government has when it moves. Trying to educate those who do not understand would take all night, but just say he took actions that created a slow steady growth rather than have the economy pushed quickly up by government actions only to have it come down again just as quickly when the government backed off. And do you want to go back to dirty, air ground and water as we had in the not so far past, just to increase production. If you are watching anything but Faux News you will know that the businesses do not want to go back to the release of Methane that trump is allowing as one example. Even with the actions we have taken in the past 30 years we have less and less potable water as our ground water becomes more and more contaminated. There is enough wind power in the world to provide 7 times the total need of the planet. But we bow down to the carbon based energy production because they have the political power to stop anything they want. Other nations are moving ahead quickly to harness clean power. China is building miles of solar collectors each month. Their workers are getting the benefit of these new jobs, while we do not, but people here continue to brag about getting more and more from less and less oil out of the ground..

YOu really do not know anything about the economy and the effect on it the government has when it moves. Trying to educate those who do not understand would take all night, but just say he took actions that created a slow steady growth rather than have the economy pushed quickly up by government actions only to have it come down again just as quickly when the government backed off. And do you want to go back to dirty, air ground and water as we had in the not so far past, just to increase production. If you are watching anything but Faux News you will know that the businesses do not want to go back to the release of Methane that trump is allowing as one example. Even with the actions we have taken in the past 30 years we have less and less potable water as our ground water becomes more and more contaminated. There is enough wind power in the world to provide 7 times the total need of the planet. But we bow down to the carbon based energy production because they have the political power to stop anything they want. Other nations are moving ahead quickly to harness clean power. China is building miles of solar collectors each month. Their workers are getting the benefit of these new jobs, while we do not, but people here continue to brag about getting more and more from less and less oil out of the ground..

You didn't answer anything I asked you but I didn't expect you to.

Did you really think you were flying under the leftist detection radar with your alleged independent expert economist disguise?
You weren't.

The attitude inherent and uncontrolled among the Left is what shaped and drives your opinions and it's what has forced you to devise an excuse for Obama's weak and prolonged recovery.

Not on this planet. Where were you 2009-2016?

-Given typical economic cycles, you would have to say Trump prevented another recession that was due early in his administration. Wouldn't you.
-What unemployment rate does the Fed consider full employment and how much lower was it under Trump?
-"Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket, regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I'm capping greenhouse gases," "Coal power plants, natural gas, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money onto consumers." - Guess who?
-Hey, remember Solyndra?
I did find it odd that a political party openly declared war on an entire industry, especially when it was dying of natural causes.

Solyndra was just one of several thousand companies that received money and later closed. The much praised stimulus was mostly park and payoffs.

Life is a state of mind.

3 in 4 Republicans say US is in better shape than four years ago: poll | TheHill
Polls show that 75 % of people who vote GOP think the country is better off now than 4 years ago. Now I will not question the sanity of those Americans, BUT ARE THEY CRAZY? Four years ago we had a growing economy and things were looking and moving UP with a 4.5% unemployment rate and employment growth in 80 straight months. People were optimistic about the future. Now we have over 170 thousand Americans dead from a virus that the president says is just going to magically going to disappear and an economy in free fall with probably 100 small businesses never going to return with their jobs gone. So do you think we are better off as a country than four years ago and if so, WHY?

Except for the kung flu, the country is absolutely better off. The economy that Trump built is rebounding faster than anyone thought

I don't think 4 years ago we had widespread protesting, trade wars, over 1000 people/ day dying from our own stupidity and not wearing masks, this level of unemployment

So I am not sure what metric they are basing this on, perhaps their emotions or something.

None of which is Trump's fault. But you know that. Don't you?

I am sure you believe that
I'm sure you believe what you are told to believe. It's why it's called a cult.

Thinking people understand that we are better off than four years ago, with the exception of the natural disaster we call COVID19. They also understand that most things you claim to believe are propaganda. The facts are out there, just not on your approved reading list.

-"Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket, regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I'm capping greenhouse gases,"
"Coal power plants, natural gas, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money onto consumers." - Guess who?
-Hey, remember Solyndra?

I thought it was a dumb question, but about 3900 rules. On average the feds produce over 4000 rules each year so about 1 in 8 rules under Obama were trying to save our environment, which of course is now being reversed by Trump. That is after 8 years of Bsuh who was more like trump. I know Trumpsters only care about making money for the wealthy and do not care with cutting regulations to help their industries make more money and giving them 830 billion in tax breaks, but remember your children will have to live in the environment you are making. Even now the amount of potable water in this country is drying up or should I say being polluted, but it seems you do not care. Cris cross the country with pipeline that are constantly leaking and sending more toxic "oil" through them each year. The 'oil" coming from the Canadian oil sand and going through these pipelines is so toxic that a leak into the ground water will make it unusable practically forever. SO go ahead and cheer as Trump ruins our environments. but do not tell your kids it was the Dems fault.

I'm sure you believe what you are told to believe. It's why it's called a cult.

Thinking people understand that we are better off than four years ago, with the exception of the natural disaster we call COVID19. They also understand that most things you claim to believe are propaganda. The facts are out there, just not on your approved reading list.

The only thing Trump had going for him was coasting on the economy that Obama had set up, before COVID.

Thread title: Vast majority of Republicans think country better off than 4 years ago?

What does that mean? Does it mean that for most a tornado did not rip through the trailer park? They certainly have not been able to move out of the trailer park.

Keep in mind, there is no longer a Republican Party. There is only a Trumplican Party. They told us so in their 2020 list of resolutions.

Not on this planet. Where were you 2009-2016?

I did find it odd that a political party openly declared war on an entire industry, especially when it was dying of natural causes.

Solyndra was just one of several thousand companies that received money and later closed. The much praised stimulus was mostly park and payoffs.

Life is a state of mind.

I know. I just thought the attempt to excuse an 8 year recovery by saying "It was all a part of the plan" was a ballsy defense. Even Krugman didn't do that.

The only thing Trump had going for him was coasting on the economy that Obama had set up, before COVID.
As if Obama did not have the easy part and Trump the hard part. Try selling your delusions to cultists with controlled reading lists.

I know. I just thought the attempt to excuse an 8 year recovery by saying "It was all a part of the plan" was a ballsy defense. Even Krugman didn't do that.
Now you admit that the Obama administration intentionally hobbled the economy. Make up your mind.

Krugman? At least you use prime alternate facts and the best CT thinking.

I thought it was a dumb question, but about 3900 rules. On average the feds produce over 4000 rules each year so about 1 in 8 rules under Obama were trying to save our environment, which of course is now being reversed by Trump. That is after 8 years of Bsuh who was more like trump. I know Trumpsters only care about making money for the wealthy and do not care with cutting regulations to help their industries make more money and giving them 830 billion in tax breaks, but remember your children will have to live in the environment you are making. Even now the amount of potable water in this country is drying up or should I say being polluted, but it seems you do not care. Cris cross the country with pipeline that are constantly leaking and sending more toxic "oil" through them each year. The 'oil" coming from the Canadian oil sand and going through these pipelines is so toxic that a leak into the ground water will make it unusable practically forever. SO go ahead and cheer as Trump ruins our environments. but do not tell your kids it was the Dems fault.

That wasn't the only question you ignored.
I hope you don't think you're hiding your leftist politics under that claim of economic mastery disguise.
It only took a little nudging to bring it to the surface.

Last edited:
Meaningless.

If anything has been shown over the past 3 years it's that die hard Republicans will simply line up behind their guy and believe everything is fine. Trumpism has betrayed everything that so-called conservatives espoused for the past 16 years. They have flushed their morality into the ****ter. They've done a 180 on debt and deficit. They have opened the door to bigotry and racism. Why would it surprise anyone that they will fawn over The Orange King when asked to? There are still people who love Jim Jones.

Now you admit that the Obama administration intentionally hobbled the economy. Make up your mind.

Krugman? At least you use prime alternate facts and the best CT thinking.

You're taking my sarcasm as something else and barking at the wrong guy.

As if Obama did not have the easy part and Trump the hard part. Try selling your delusions to cultists with controlled reading lists.

so in your opinion, recovering from the 2008 crash was "the easy part" :lol:

You're taking my sarcasm as something else and barking at the wrong guy.
Fair enough. One failed sarcasm is allowed.

so in your opinion, recovering from the 2008 crash was "the easy part" :lol
Hell yes, as does every person with a degree in economics. :doh

Look up central tendency. going up from the bottom is easy. Do nothing and things improve. It's harder to keep it going up after it returns to its usual track.

You need to expand your reading. The steady diet of cult approve pap is rotting your brain.

Last edited:
Hell yes, as does every person with a degree in economics. :doh

Look up central tendency. going up from the bottom is easy. Do nothing and things improve. It's harder to keep it going up after it returns to its usual track.

You need to expand your reading. The steady diet of cult approve pap is rotting your brain.

Please show the class where recovering from the 2008 crisis was easy in economic terms.

Especially given that unprecedented and controversial actions had to be performed by the Fed...

Back
Top Bottom