• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vast majority of Republicans think country better off than 4 years ago?

Please show the class where recovering from the 2008 crisis was easy in economic terms. Especially given that unprecedented and controversial actions had to be performed by the Fed...
I already provided that information--central tendency. The economy had hit bottom by the time Obama took office, so there was literally no direction but up.

Since you mention the Fed, they kept rates as near zero as possible for Obama's administration. They raised them seven times 2017 - 2019, putting a brake on the economy during the Trump administration. Is that the unprecedented action to which you refer?

That wasn't the only question you ignored.
I hope you don't think you're hiding your leftist politics under that claim of economic mastery disguise.
It only took a little nudging to bring it to the surface.

Tell me what question I ignored and I will answer it as I have answered that stupid question. You keep saying I have not answered questions, but you never say which. I guess that is because you do not want the real answer. Trumpsters do not like things like facts and truthful answers. They want answers that match up with their politics and that is what trump gives them. Of course trump has told over 20,000 lies since coming into office and most of the answers you get from him are just, that LIES. Since those lies jibe with your beliefs you just accept them as the truth. PILTIFUL!!!!

I already provided that information--central tendency. The economy had hit bottom by the time Obama took office, so there was literally no direction but up.

Since you mention the Fed, they kept rates as near zero as possible for Obama's administration. They raised them seven times 2017 - 2019, putting a brake on the economy during the Trump administration. Is that the unprecedented action to which you refer?

So your reasoning is "no direction but up" which of course ignores actual economics and the fact it could have turned into a depression. :lol:

So your reasoning is "no direction but up" which of course ignores actual economics and the fact it could have turned into a depression. :lol:
That is a statement of actual economics. I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.

You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts. That said, your opinion that it could have turned into a depression is a joke, because the economy had already turned around. Literally no action was needed.

That is a statement of actual economics. I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.

You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts. That said, your opinion that it could have turned into a depression is a joke, because the economy had already turned around. Literally no action was needed.

meanwhile, back in reality...

Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth

Exactly 11 years ago today, February 17, 2009, President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 or the Recovery Act into law. The $831 billion in spending kicked off the longest period of economic growth and job creation in American history.

The National Bureau of Economic Research or NBER determines the length of economic expansions and recessions. The recent growth period started in July 2009 and has lasted for 127 months through January 2020. This surpasses the previous record of 120 months from March 1991 to March 2001, which then led into the Great Recession that Obama inherited. [Earlier version had the incorrect months for the 120 month timeframe: December 2001 to November].

Sure. It was the first thing, but it did not jump start the economy. That was just PR spin, which worked because most people do not understand basic economics. You don't, for example. Within two years, literally every job created was gone. Closer analysis reveals massive amounts of pork.

When I say Obama could have done nothing, that does not mean that he did nothing. There was a cash cow to milk.

If this is going any further, you need to up your game. At this level, you would flunk a freshman class.

Tell me what question I ignored and I will answer it as I have answered that stupid question. You keep saying I have not answered questions, but you never say which. I guess that is because you do not want the real answer. Trumpsters do not like things like facts and truthful answers. They want answers that match up with their politics and that is what trump gives them. Of course trump has told over 20,000 lies since coming into office and most of the answers you get from him are just, that LIES. Since those lies jibe with your beliefs you just accept them as the truth. PILTIFUL!!!!

Given typical economic cycles, you would have to say Trump prevented another recession that was due early in his administration. Wouldn't you.
-What unemployment rate does the Fed consider full employment and how much lower was it under Trump?
-"Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket, regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I'm capping greenhouse gases,"
"Coal power plants, natural gas, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money onto consumers." - Guess who?

-How many EPA regulations were established under Obama?
-Hey, remember Solyndra?

Remagining history so they jibe with your politics is what you've been doing.
That's what
"I hope you don't think you're hiding your leftist politics under that claim of economic mastery disguise.
It only took a little nudging to bring it to the surface."​
means.

Sure. It was the first thing, but it did not jump start the economy. That was just PR spin, which worked because most people do not understand basic economics. You don't, for example. Within two years, literally every job created was gone. Closer analysis reveals massive amounts of pork.

When I say Obama could have done nothing, that does not mean that he did nothing. There was a cash cow to milk.

If this is going any further, you need to up your game. At this level, you would flunk a freshman class.

So while I have data from Forbes, a well recognized business and economy publication to back me up, all you have is vague appeals to "basic economics"

And you are supposed to have credibility because ... ?

So while I have data from Forbes, a well recognized business and economy publication to back me up, all you have is vague appeals to "basic economics." And you are supposed to have credibility because ... ?
First, you would have to have Forbes back you up. It didn't. All the article said is that there was no recession for a decade and that the first thing that Obama did was the two stimulus packages. The article made no attempt to connect one to the other. Indeed, raising the Fed points the opposite direction.

When you learn the basic of economics, you can try to make a point. Until then, you are talking about things you don't understand in front of people who do.

First, you would have to have Forbes back you up. It didn't. All the article said is that there was no recession for a decade and that the first thing that Obama did was the two stimulus packages. The article made no attempt to connect one to the other. Indeed, raising the Fed points the opposite direction.

When you learn the basic of economics, you can try to make a point. Until then, you are talking about things you don't understand in front of people who do.

So you didn't read the article either, look at what I quoted.

Back
Top Bottom