• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utah governor says he'll veto transgender youth sports ban

No. It's about keeping sports fair for women.
I don't have a problem with hormone parameters in sports as long as they are applied equally to men and women. If women can't exceed a certain level because it theoretically gives them an unfair advantage then the same should apply to men. That would be "fair".

I see... You hate women but won't admit it.

Three posts and three lies in a row by you. Impressive.

Doesn't change the fact that you are refusing to address the OP. :)

I don't have a problem with hormone parameters in sports as long as they are applied equally to men and women. If women can't exceed a certain level because it theoretically gives them an unfair advantage then the same should apply to men. That would be "fair".
The hormone question about men usage in men's competitions, and women usage in women's competitions is a separate issue.

I see... You hate women but won't admit it.
No, what people "hate" is the attempt to marginalize a complex issue by reducing it to a bumper sticker phrase.

The hormone question about men usage in men's competitions, and women usage in women's competitions is a separate issue.

No, it's not.

This is one of those issues where I can see both sides; however, I tilt ever so slightly toward total equality. Yes, women are at a disadvantage in some sports when competing with trans-male-to-female. In other areas, men may be disadvantaged by trans-female-to-male. Not everything in life is fair; however, everything in life should be basically equal.

Yes, I know that probably made no sense to anyone but me, lol.

I think you are trying to approach this issue rationally. I respect that.

Keep in mind that these cases are so few in number that they can probably be decided on a case-by-case basis. And, if youth who need hormone therapy receive it, there will be even fewer cases where a trans female athlete has more strength than most cis men do.

There are ways to resolve this without the freakout that the social conservatives are showing.

Three posts and three lies in a row by you. Impressive.

Doesn't change the fact that you are refusing to address the OP. :)
Lies? I asked you questions which he refused to answer, so I had to assume you didn't answer because you hated women and were afraid to admit it.

You noticed of course I answered you.

Not surprised that the state which no longer regards polygamy as a felony doesn't protect girls in sports.

Women be wary of Utah...

So you believe that those with a biological advantage should steal opportunities from women?

And i thought Liberals were the "Champions of women" whereas Conservatives always declared "War on Women".
Ive been on a lets work something out without disadvantaging cis women side.

Lies? I asked you questions which he refused to answer, so I had to assume you didn't answer because you hated women and were afraid to admit it.

Your stupid lies deserve mockery, not answering. Start making intelligent points and they will be answered as such. :)

You noticed of course I answered you.

If by spouting off a bunch of transphobic talking points, you are correct.

Not surprised that the state which no longer regards polygamy as a felony doesn't protect girls in sports.

Women be wary of Utah...

Polyamory? Trans people? Oh no, what's next! WOMEN BE WARY :LOL:

I disagree.

Excellent rebuttal. :rolleyes:

It all boils down to a person's sense of fairness, doesn't it? Instead of vilifying transgender athletes and the people who support them, why can't we discuss possible solutions that appeal to everyone's sense of fairness?

No, what people "hate" is the attempt to marginalize a complex issue by reducing it to a bumper sticker phrase.
It's not a complex issue... Natural born males should not be allowed to compete with female athletes. The fact that natural born men are not only crushing their female competitors, but are smashing high school, college and world female records while doing so makes this clear.

It's not a complex issue... Natural born males should not be allowed to compete with female athletes.

Thankfully it's not up to you. :)

The fact that natural born men are not only crushing their female competitors, but are smashing high school, college and world female records while doing so makes this clear.

^ More anti-trans hysteria. Why do you hate trans people? ;)

^ More anti-trans hysteria. Why do you hate trans people? ;)
That isn't hysteria, it's the truth...

Do you deny that natural born men are crushing their female competitors, and are smashing high school, college and world female records?

I explained my response, which you chose to completely ignore.... and you want to criticize the way I respond?
I didn't criticize the way you responded, I criticized your actual response.

I refuse to get into a pissing match with someone who starts a rant with the phrase "natural born males" whatever the eff that is.

That isn't hysteria, it's the truth...

You hysterically hyperfocus on the tiny few numbers of cases where trans female athletes are doing well.

You don't care about what happens to trans people in general, as long as they don't get ahead. :) See the OP.

Do you deny that natural born men are crushing their female competitors, and are smashing high school, college and world female records?

Yawn. Your transphobic comments are getting boring. Has the teevee not given you any alternative talking points?

I didn't criticize the way you responded, I criticized your actual response.

I refuse to get into a pissing match with someone who starts a rant with the phrase "natural born males" whatever the eff that is.
Now you want to argue semantics?

I explained my response, to which you completely ignored and used semantics to justify it. If your stance has merit, than address my response.

^ This is what projection looks like. The Far Right does not care about women athletes and certainly not about trans people but about their far-right agenda.
stop the stupidity. I coach women athletes and I did at a D1 Level years ago. You have already admitted you don't have an athletic background and your goals have nothing to do with promoting fair sport

Now you want to argue semantics?

I explained my response, to which you completely ignored and used semantics to justify it. If your stance has merit, than address my response.
My stance? Tell me what you think is my position about transgender athletes.

You hysterically hyperfocus on the tiny few numbers of cases where trans female athletes are doing well.

You don't care about what happens to trans people in general, as long as they don't get ahead. :) See the OP.

Yawn. Your transphobic comments are getting boring. Has the teevee not given you any alternative talking points?
why is it important for XYs pretending they are women to be able to win against XXs? You seem to think that denying XYs from competing against real females is some sort of social tragedy. I have a great idea-I don't care if a guy wants to become a girl but he still has to compete against other guys. How does that hurt anyone? He makes a choice and has to live with it-while you want him to make others being cheated

Back
Top Bottom