• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utah governor says he'll veto transgender youth sports ban

Indeed. At one point over the past year or two I read about a dust-up where a male-to-female trans dancer realized that he was now at a disadvantage in his chosen "sport". I'd have presumed he was aware before he decided upon the process, but this is a very complicated physical and psychological situation.
was it a physical limitation or one that came from appearance?

It's not a complex issue... Natural born males should not be allowed to compete with female athletes. The fact that natural born men are not only crushing their female competitors, but are smashing high school, college and world female records while doing so makes this clear.

Yep, when a swimmer can go from being ranked #462 among men to #1 among women, it might indicate that the level of competition changed more than that athlete (magically?) improving their performance.

Before transitioning, Thomas was nationally ranked #462 in the NCAA men’s official swimming competitions. After transitioning, Thomas jumped to #1 in the NCAA women’s category.

You hysterically hyperfocus on the tiny few numbers of cases where trans female athletes are doing well.

You don't care about what happens to trans people in general, as long as they don't get ahead. :) See the OP.

Yawn. Your transphobic comments are getting boring. Has the teevee not given you any alternative talking points?
I see... So you are willing to crush the dreams of 10's of thousands of women athletes by allowing men to compete against them.

I'm sorry, but your stance shows an extremely high level of disrespect and animosity toward women and women athletes, whether you are willing to admit it or not.

Finally some common sense on this issue.

Less able to oppress gay people since the nationwide legalization of gay marriage, social conservatives have focused their ignorant hate on trans people, in particular, trans female athletes. What the social cons never admit is that (1) these are an extremely tiny number of athletes, and (2) many many more trans people are forced to endure transphobic hatred, bullying, and discrimination. That should be addressed first.

Furthermore, if transphobes are so "concerned" (a word they use as a euphemism for hate-filled) that trans female athletes actually have advantages, then they should allow trans youth to, under the care of professional physicians, receive the hormone therapy that they deserve. But some transphobes are opposed to that, too, because their goal is to just keep trans people down.
males have no business competing with females in a sporting event. Calling yourself a woman doesn't change biology. It's dangerous and puts the woman at an unfair disadvantage, and at greater risk of bodily harm.

My stance? Tell me what you think is my position about transgender athletes.
That's a good question... You called it a "complex issue" and I explained how it's actually a very simple one.

I see... So you are willing to crush the dreams of 10's of thousands of women athletes by allowing men to compete against them.

Tens of thousands! Tens of thousands! These numbers just keep getting bigger and bigger! Soon it will be millions! :LOL:

I'm sorry, but your stance shows an extremely high level of disrespect and animosity toward women and women athletes, whether you are willing to admit it or not.

^ This is what projection looks like. The person who wrote it has zero respect for trans people yet demands that others give respect themselves. :)

The only agenda being pushed is the one by the social cons who are deathly afraid of trans female athletes, when there are far bigger issues in life.
NO! They are pushing it because it's a policy that is easy to win on. They would run on that rather than running on difficult positions like anti-Medicare, anti-democracy, anti-social services.

Most people think that transgender athletes should play in a co-ed league.

That's a good question... You called it a "complex issue" and I explained how it's actually a very simple one.

You implied that my "stance" about transgender athletes has no merit but you can't actually explain my stance about transgender athletes.

Good talk. Have a lovely day.

stop the stupidity. I coach women athletes and I did at a D1 Level years ago. You have already admitted you don't have an athletic background and your goals have nothing to do with promoting fair sport

Experts on what trans kids need are doctors and therapists, not coaches. So sorry, Turtle. :)

why is it important for XYs pretending they are women to be able to win against XXs? You seem to think that denying XYs from competing against real females is some sort of social tragedy. I have a great idea-I don't care if a guy wants to become a girl but he still has to compete against other guys. How does that hurt anyone? He makes a choice and has to live with it-while you want him to make others being cheated

^ Another useless, transphobic rant.

NO! They are pushing it because it's a policy that is easy to win on.

And yet the transphobic way is winning in many Red states. Thankfully even this Republican governor rightfully saw that these transphobic laws are going too far.

They would run on that rather than running on difficult positions like anti-Medicare, anti-democracy, anti-social services.

Most people think that transgender athletes should play in a co-ed league.

Argumentum ad populum. IDGAF what the transphobes want. They're selfish assholes.

males have no business competing with females in a sporting event. Calling yourself a woman doesn't change biology.

Transphobic dog whistle detected.

It's dangerous and puts the woman at an unfair disadvantage, and at greater risk of bodily harm.

And yet the transphobic way is winning in many Red states. Thankfully even this Republican governor rightfully saw that these transphobic laws are going too far.

Argumentum ad populum. IDGAF what the transphobes want. They're selfish assholes.

Everyone in this world that doesn't bow to every other opinion is a selfish asshole with that logic.

I always try to find what is the most fair for everyone.

^ This is what projection looks like. The person who wrote it has zero respect for trans people yet demands that others give respect themselves. :)
You can't have it both ways... You either have to side with women, or you have to side with transgender women. On this issue, I side with women. There's a specific, scientific reason why men and women compete separately in most sports and you, as well as every honest person on planet earth knows what that reason is... It's biology. Men and women are biologically different and that is scientific fact. If a man wants to be a woman cosmetically, act like he's a woman, and call himself a woman, that's his right... But that doesn't change who he is biologically, which means he should not be allowed to compete with biological women in sports period.

You can't have it both ways... You either have to side with women, or you have to side with transgender women.

And there it is. You just made my point for me. You don't give a flying **** about "fairness." You want to pit cis women against trans women. Nothing more.

Do have a pleasant day. 👋

On this issue, I side with women. There's a specific, scientific reason why men and women compete separately in most sports and you, as well as every honest person on planet earth knows what that reason is... It's biology. Men and women are biologically different and that is scientific fact. If a man wants to be a woman cosmetically, act like he's a woman, and call himself a woman, that's his right... But that doesn't change who he is biologically, which means he should not be allowed to compete with biological women in sports period.

Everyone in this world that doesn't bow to every other opinion is a selfish asshole with that logic.

:LOL:(n)

I always try to find what is the most fair for everyone.

What's fair is to let trans youth receive the therapy, including the hormone therapy if necessary, to which they are entitled.

What's fair is to let them just live their lives as they are instead of being commanded by transphobic assholes to live a fake life.

This is about a million times more important than the insignificantly tiny fraction of cases where trans women might possibly maybe have an athletic advantage over their cis counterparts.

Finally some common sense on this issue.

Less able to oppress gay people since the nationwide legalization of gay marriage, social conservatives have focused their ignorant hate on trans people, in particular, trans female athletes. What the social cons never admit is that (1) these are an extremely tiny number of athletes, and (2) many many more trans people are forced to endure transphobic hatred, bullying, and discrimination. That should be addressed first.

Furthermore, if transphobes are so "concerned" (a word they use as a euphemism for hate-filled) that trans female athletes actually have advantages, then they should allow trans youth to, under the care of professional physicians, receive the hormone therapy that they deserve. But some transphobes are opposed to that, too, because their goal is to just keep trans people down.

Good!!!

any law that isnt based solely on FACTS and MEDICAL SCIENCE on this topic is crap, and should never see the light of day period the end.

now with that said ill post the same thing i post in all these threads and im sure if you read on you'll see this false narritive propaganda dishonest unhinged triggered bigoted meltdown posts by the usual suspects foaming at the mouth as the rest of us laugh at how dumb they are. All their arguments will be based on fantasy, bigotry and worse case scenarios not rights and not medical science.

Women's sports arent in any danger and thus dont need saving/protection from "transgenders" 😂that pure stupidity
claims like that equal to the war on Christmas, 1/6 deniers, election truthers and flat earthers

now with that said, i leave this up to science not wittle butt hwurt fweelings lol

IMO all sports tied to scholastics should be regulated since this deals with college admissions etc I agree with that, but that regulation should be by medical science . . . . not politicians
if science determines that there is no unfair advantage in general or based on rules and regulations of conversion periods, estrogen/testosterone levels, muscle mass etc etc then so be it
if science determines that there is an unfair advantage in general or based on rules and regulations of conversion periods, estrogen/testosterone levels, muscle mass etc etc then so be it

either way I'm good as long as its based on medical science, im also GUESSING that it will be more individual-based . . meaning individual and sport, not a blanket finding but i could be wrong

now outside of that, sports orgs are free to do whatever they want whether i agree or not. For eample wIthout science proving or not proving this I doubt its fair that a male training to be a fighter since they were 16, comes out as trans at age 27 and then instantly starts competing in female MMA BUT my feelings of fairness are meaningless. The MMA is free to do what they like within the law since they are thier own org and if people dont like it they are free not to participate/watch etc. 🤷‍♂️

You implied that my "stance" about transgender athletes has no merit but you can't actually explain my stance about transgender athletes.

Good talk. Have a lovely day.
I explained why it was not a complex issue as you asserted, and you ignored that explanation, refused to address it, and instead criticized me based on semantics.

I thought the entire purpose of this board was for us to express our thoughts and opinions, and debate those who's opinions differ.

I explained why it was not a complex issue as you asserted, and you ignored that explanation, refused to address it, and instead criticized me based on semantics.

I thought the entire purpose of this board was for us to express our thoughts and opinions, and debate those who's opinions differ.
If you don't like my comments, you know the solution ...

This is one of those issues where I can see both sides; however, I tilt ever so slightly toward total equality. Yes, women are at a disadvantage in some sports when competing with trans-male-to-female. In other areas, men may be disadvantaged by trans-female-to-male. Not everything in life is fair; however, everything in life should be basically equal.

Yes, I know that probably made no sense to anyone but me, lol.
Made perfect sense to me. I just disagree :).

And there it is. You just made my point for me. You don't give a flying **** about "fairness." You want to pit cis women against trans women. Nothing more.
On the contrary... My argument is based 100% on fairness.

In most sports, men and women compete separately because there is very distinct and undeniable biological difference between the two. Allowing biological men to compete against biological women is not fair.

:LOL:(n)

What's fair is to let trans youth receive the therapy, including the hormone therapy if necessary, to which they are entitled.

What's fair is to let them just live their lives as they are instead of being commanded by transphobic assholes to live a fake life.

This is about a million times more important than the insignificantly tiny fraction of cases where trans women might possibly maybe have an athletic advantage over their cis counterparts.
They can live their lives. No one is going after them in a way that threatens their them physically.

Sports are very regulated. You can’t use enhancing drugs.

If you want to call me a bigot for the opinion, I don’t care. I want to world to be as fair for as many people as possible.

Experts on what trans kids need are doctors and therapists, not coaches. So sorry, Turtle. :)

^ Another useless, transphobic rant.
so your experts claim that the needs of a few XY's who want to be women, should Trump fair sport and the "needs"of thousands of real women?

claiming I hate transwomen is bullshit. I don't like sport being contaminated by SJW rantings

Let’s just do away with men’s and women’s sports. The best players of the game on the field regardless of what’s between the legs. Full equality or bust

Back
Top Bottom