• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Takes Tougher Tone on Israeli Settlements in New Report [W: 21]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing to do is to issue a statement saying that the US will support all new settlements be turned over to the Palestinians. That would increase the risk involved in the investment and reduce the propensity to invest in such real estate.

That's a start I suppose, the trouble is, there are those who are now living on that real estate that is being argued over, so what to do with them? I say a two state solution will only work if there is enough pressure brought to bear on both sides to knock it off. I'm thinking too that perhaps the world court should be issuing some decisions on this matter because as I just said to OC, how long are we all going to be held hostage by this extremist BS? It's a toilet bowl of our money and work and our lives, and it's a bout time we took control of our end of it.

Re: US Takes Tougher Tone on Israeli Settlements in New Report

Obama hates Netanyahu and that feeling is mutual, but Im betting Bibi is more of a pragmatist than Obama will ever be...the survival the Israel is still a fragile thing, Obama seems to have lost every instinct when it comes to the best interest of the country to pursue his anti-colonial, apologist spew. Obama actually stuck his nose into the last Israeli election. Obama doesn't deserve any respect from Israel.

curious about the bolded [by me] portion of your post. what causes you to believe israel's continued existence is fragile?

curious about the bolded [by me] portion of your post. what causes you to believe israel's continued existence is fragile?

Maybe you have heard about Iran's nuclear program.

Yeah, I know Israel isn't getting the message and the US and the allies need to SIT on the Palestinians as well because THEY don't think they have to listen to anybody and Iran and the Saudis are just eggin'em on.

Here's the thing to really look at and why I'm in such favor of this latest move by US policy: how long are we going to remain hamstrung and have our peace of mind held hostage by this BS? Think about it; for decades now - it's been nothing but Israel and Middle East... Everything is a crises, everybody gets assassinated. The extremes on both sides of that feud have been running it since WWI and nobody else with any other opinion can get a word in edgewise. It's time all that BS was just put to hard stop. Enough already. It's either now or never and I for one say right now.

They have been fighting for three millennia in that region. More or less constantly. We are beyond foolish to believe we can force peace with anything less than overwhelming force.

Maybe you have heard about Iran's nuclear program.

yes, the one without any capacity to build nuclear weapons
what about it

That's a start I suppose, the trouble is, there are those who are now living on that real estate that is being argued over, so what to do with them? I say a two state solution will only work if there is enough pressure brought to bear on both sides to knock it off. I'm thinking too that perhaps the world court should be issuing some decisions on this matter because as I just said to OC, how long are we all going to be held hostage by this extremist BS? It's a toilet bowl of our money and work and our lives, and it's a bout time we took control of our end of it.

And the boarders are somewhat convoluted. But a single country solution won't work so the boarders will need to be straightened. Also the area would probably need to be occupied by a supranational force to take responsibility to protect the populations.

so, you believe the preservation of the israeli state is fragile because of another nation not having the capacity to develop nuclear weapons
word of the day: "absurd"

Obama hates Netanyahu and that feeling is mutual, but Im betting Bibi is more of a pragmatist than Obama will ever be...the survival the Israel is still a fragile thing, Obama seems to have lost every instinct when it comes to the best interest of the country to pursue his anti-colonial, apologist spew. Obama actually stuck his nose into the last Israeli election. Obama doesn't deserve any respect from Israel.

He increased military funding. Israels new missile defense system, major funding from the US.
Bibi did not do Israel any favors by speaking to congress.
US VP Biden lands for talks, they announce new settlements- deliberately done to embarrass the US.

so, you believe the preservation of the israeli state is fragile because of another nation not having the capacity to develop nuclear weapons
word of the day: "absurd"

Only if you ignore the rhetoric coming from most of the Arab world. You understand I cant present a thorough case on what is said regarding the country because of the ML requirements here so I'm not chasing your throw to point territory no matter what you argue. There are plenty of reasons why its fragile, not the least of which is armed attacks every few years.

He increased military funding. Israels new missile defense system, major funding from the US.
Bibi did not do Israel any favors by speaking to congress.
US VP Biden lands for talks, they announce new settlements- deliberately done to embarrass the US.

We could use a few embarrassments considering Obama and Biden care so very little about sovereignty that they would inject themselves into another country's election.

Only if you ignore the rhetoric coming from most of the Arab world. You understand I cant present a thorough case on what is said regarding the country because of the ML requirements here so I'm not chasing your throw to point territory no matter what you argue. There are plenty of reasons why its fragile, not the least of which is armed attacks every few years.

the strongest military and only nuclear power in the region
fragile
remember that word of the day

We could use a few embarrassments considering Obama and Biden care so very little about sovereignty that they would inject themselves into another country's election.

As Bibi did?

As Bibi did?

Chronology is Obama sticking his nose in Feb and Bibi addresses congress in March.

the strongest military and only nuclear power in the region
fragile
remember that word of the day

Quit the mocking nonsense. Make a point or don't.

They have to be the strongest when the odds are 6 to 1 at best.

Quit the mocking nonsense. Make a point or don't.

They have to be the strongest when the odds are 6 to 1 at best.

and by being strongest, we could then say 'not ****ing fragile'

agreed. cut the nonsense

Chronology is Obama sticking his nose in Feb and Bibi addresses congress in March.

They were both in the wrong. But for Bibi to come and tear into the US FP as he did with his points on Iran, well, biting the hand.
In particular when his own Military and Intelligence services having disagreed with his position on Iran.

They were both in the wrong. But for Bibi to come and tear into the US FP as he did with his points on Iran, well, biting the hand.

It's more of an Israeli issue than it is an American one though, so claiming it is "tearing into US foreign policy" is wrong.

It's more of an Israeli issue than it is an American one though, so claiming it is "tearing into US foreign policy" is wrong.
It was quite clear that Bibi did support Romney.

It was quite clear that Bibi did support Romney.

I was referring to the Iranian issue.
Regardless Bibi never stated support for Romeny during the elections, he did meet with him as he agreed to do with Trump during these elections before his statement about Muslims.

I was referring to the Iranian issue.
Regardless Bibi never stated support for Romeny during the elections, he did meet with him as he agreed to do with Trump during these elections before his statement about Muslims.

Fair enough.
It was implied that he supported Rommney, and clearly at that. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

They have been fighting for three millennia in that region. More or less constantly. We are beyond foolish to believe we can force peace with anything less than overwhelming force.

We've been fighting for 10! So what's your point?

The thing to do is to issue a statement saying that the US will support all new settlements be turned over to the Palestinians. That would increase the risk involved in the investment and reduce the propensity to invest in such real estate.

"new settlements" ?
when did Israel found a new settlement?
there was maybe one incident since the Oslo accords

"new settlements" ?
when did Israel found a new settlement?
there was maybe one incident since the Oslo accords

I was including housing on land hitherto considered Arab.

I was including housing on land hitherto considered Arab.

The whole "ongoing land theft" thing is a lie.
Israel almost didn't take any additional land after the oslo accords. the housing you refer too are all built inside the borders of existing settlements.

Of course there are the illegal outposts but as the name suggest they are also illegal according to Israeli law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom