• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Takes Tougher Tone on Israeli Settlements in New Report [W: 21]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say there was a chance with Netanyahu so much---isn't a big part of his base the ultra orthodox Israelis?

No, nearly 100% of Ultra Orthodox Jews who vote are voting for the Ultra Orthodox parties.

Well, of course the Jewish Folks knew full well that stealing lands in the heart of the Middle East would incite hatred .... And of course it was purposely carried out ....

Lord Sydenham warned:

"The harm done by dumping down an alien population upon an Arab country may never be remedied. What we have done, by concessions not to the Jewish people but to a Zionist extreme section, is to start a running sore in the East, and no-one can tell how far that sore will extend."

“There has been Anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”
--David Ben-Gurion, From Nahum Goldmann, The Jewish Paradox--

"If I were a young Palestinian, it is possible I would join a terrorist organization."
--Ehud Barak, in reply to a question by Haaretz journalist Gideon Levy, March 1998--

“We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population.”
–-David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978--
--Israel Koenig, advisor to the Israeli Knesset, The Koenig Memorandum (Al Hamishmar newspaper, September 7, 1976)--

The Jewish Folks used threats and acts of violence leading up to the Balfour Decision ....

Eliyahu Bet-Zuri : Zionist Terrorist Plotted To Kill Winston Churchill
MI5 files: Zionist terrorist plotted to kill Winston Churchill - Telegraph

Jewish Terrorists Plotted To Kill Ernest Bevin, the British Foreign Secretary In 1946
The Times & The Sunday Times

What is so different between what the Palestinians are doing today that the Jewish Folks had not done to steal the land in the first instance?

Calm

You edited out the meat of my post, so here's the rest of it in case you missed it:

If you want to contribute in any meaningful way to an extremely difficult and contentious topic, then you have to accept that security concerns on both sides are going to be a part of the discussion. Pretending that it isn't means nothing gets solved. Ever.

No, nearly 100% of Ultra Orthodox Jews who vote are voting for the Ultra Orthodox parties.

Yeah, but aren't those parties a part of the whole coalition he's put together? Something like that? IDK

Maybe you have a link to refresh my memory, but as I recall one of those aid flotillas was turned around.

The aid is always being moved by Israeli forces from the flotillas into the Gaza Strip, Israel doesn't forbid humanitarian aid and in fact Israel is the party responsible for nearly all of the humanitarian aid entering the Gaza Strip, so you're not making any sense by claiming Israel denies aid. What Israel does though is enforce a justified and legal blockade on the Gaza Strip that prevents weapons and materials used to create said weapons from entering the territory and be used by Hamas terrorists to murder Israeli civilians.

Yeah, but aren't those parties a part of the whole coalition he's put together? Something like that? IDK

Yeah, as they would have been in probably any other possible coalition. They make an 1/8th of Israel's parliament, the Knesset.

I wouldn't say there was a chance with Netanyahu so much---isn't a big part of his base the ultra orthodox Israelis?
It's been suggested that he only shows up for negotiations because he knows the Palestinian government will refuse to make peace.

But if so, that still makes the Palestinian government the one that is refusing to make peace. And Netanyahu wouldn't have even been in power right now had Israel not gotten the run around with their previous peace efforts.

I expect that if the Palestinian government ever made it clear that it was willing to make peace, and Netanyahu started blocking that peace effort, the Israeli voters would quickly replace him with someone who was willing to make peace.

Maybe you have a link to refresh my memory, but as I recall one of those aid flotillas was turned around.
The first flotilla was captured and taken to Ashdod where the cargo was inspected and legitimate aid allowed to pass on:
Gaza Freedom Flotilla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The second flotilla amounted to a single ship by the time it got to Gaza. It too was intercepted and brought to Ashdod:
Freedom Flotilla II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The third flotilla had one ship captured and brought to Ashdod, then the rest of the flotilla chose to turn back of their own accord:
Freedom Flotilla III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mexico resettles Mexicans in the U.S. Obongo happy.

Israel resettles Israelis in the West Bank. Obongo unhappy.

Hmm...

The Israelis will get to keep the land no matter what; so they have no real incentive to try to come to terms with the Palestineans. Their not going to go for a two state solution.
The Israelis have repeatedly demonstrated their desire for a peaceful two-state solution. The problem has been getting the Palestinian government to agree to it.

The Israelis have repeatedly demonstrated their desire for a peaceful two-state solution. The problem has been getting the Palestinian government to agree to it.

please share with us the evidence that causes you to state "The Israelis have repeatedly demonstrated their desire for a peaceful two-state solution."

No, the problem has been getting the hotheads on both sides to stop killing each other.

When the Jewish Folks enter courtrooms across this universe and insist upon the return of stolen artifacts, artwork, properties, jewelry and whatever which were seized during Hitler's reign, do they give any consideration towards any "Facts Being Changed On The Ground"?

The Jewish Folks don't suggest that it was a long time ago. Nor do they claim that the present owner of the seized properties purchased them after the war in good conscience and was unaware of the historical Jewish ownership. There is no negotiation. The Jewish Folks don't accept a "portion" of the value. In fact, the Jewish Folks demand interest and monies for pain and suffering as well.

The Palestinians have totally accepted an Israeli State within the 1967 borders.

Calm

All this talk about the Oslo Accords and the intentions of Israel ......

The Real And Deceitful Face Of Binyamin Netanyahu
Filmed during a visit by Citizen Netanyahu to the home of a bereaved family in the settlement of Ofra

BINYAMIN NETANYAHU: What were the Oslo Accords? The Oslo Accords, which the Knesset signed, I was asked, before the elections: "Will you act according to them?" and I answered: "yes, subject to mutuality and limiting the retreats." "But how do you intend to limit the retreats?" "I'll give such interpretation to the Accords that will make it possible for me to stop this galloping to the '67 [armistice] lines. How did we do it?
NARRATOR: The Oslo Accords stated at the time that Israel would gradually hand over territories to the Palestinians in three different pulses, unless the territories in question had settlements or military sites. This is where Netanyahu found a loophole.
BINYAMIN NETANYAHU: No one said what defined military sites. Defined military sites, I said, were security zones. As far as I'm concerned, the Jordan Valley is a defined military site.
WOMAN: Right [laughs]. The Beit She'an settlements. The Beit She'an Valley.
BINYAMIN NETANYAHU: How can you tell. How can you tell? But then the question came up of just who would define what Defined Military Sites were. I received a letter – to my and to Arafat, at the same time – which said that Israel, and only Israel, would be the one to define what those are, the location of those military sites and their size. Now, they did not want to give me that letter, so I did not give the Hebron Agreement. I stopped the government meeting, I said: "I'm not signing." Only when the letter came, in the course of the meeting, to my and to Arafat, only then did I sign the Hebron Agreement. Or rather, ratify it, it had already been signed. Why does this matter? Because at that moment I actually stopped the Oslo Accord.

Channel 10 - This Week with Miki Rosenthal
Transcript:
‘The world won’t say a thing’– Netanyahu on ongoing Israeli expansion – Mondoweiss
Bibi the Bamboozler to Settlers: ‘America Won’t Get in Our Way…It’s Easily Moved’ – Tikun Olam תיקון עול×�
Checkpoint Washington - Netanyahu: 'America is a thing you can move very easily'
Promised Land » Blog Archive » Goldberg vs. Beinart | Netanayhu did reject Oslo
http://un-truth.com/israel/netanyahu-tape
http://yaacovlozowick.blogspot.com/2010/05/inventing-netanyahus-past.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2010/05/did-netanyahu-reject-the-oslo-accords/57139
http://yaacovlozowick.blogspot.com/2010/05/growing-rift-in-jewish-world.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/national...peter-beinart-part-iii-zionism-reloaded/57088
http://yaacovlozowick.blogspot.com/2010/05/inventing-netanyahus-past.html
(YouTube Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFihtGYFSg

Re: US Takes Tougher Tone on Israeli Settlements in New Report

Any attempt to force Israel to do something that they do not want to do will lead to outright war.

We could of course urge them to do something that they do not want to do. That won't lead to war. Israel would simply ignore our suggestions.

But if someone were to try to use force against Israel, that would be war.

Israel has nuclear weapons.

We don't know for sure that Israel is nuclear, and secondly, they can ignore US all they want and that will probably begin the financial drought is is long time in coming.

Any nuclear weapons Israel has is because they stole it all .....
https://israelsinfluence.org/transcripts/roger_mattson.html

The Apollo Affair
From Wikipedia
The Apollo Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Diversion of US Nuclear Material Into the Israeli Nuclear Arsenal
WBAI - Walden's Pond
Host Shelton Walden interviews Grant F. Smith
April 01, 2012
Partial Transcript:
Israel diverted US uranium using a front in Pennsylvania to establish its nuclear program
Israel's Nuclear Triggers - Antiwar.com Original by -- Antiwar.com

And here is what Israel has promised to do with the nuclear weapons they have ......

"Prime Minister, I want to be sure that I understand what you are saying…You are saying that if ever Israel was in danger of being defeated on the battlefield, it would be prepared to take the region and the whole world down with it?’ Without the shortest of pauses for reflection, and in the gravel voice that could charm or intimidate American presidents according to need, Golda replied, “Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.”
--Alan Hart, Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews: v. 1, September 30, 2009--

And what really puts me over the edge is when I witness a Pro-Israel supporter bad-mouthing Arabs/Muslims because the Pro-Israel folks have done more harm to American interests than any Arab/Muslim has.

"It is difficult for me, even in the so-called “year of the spy,” to conceive of a greater harm to national security than that caused by the defendant [Jonathan Pollard] in view of the breadth, the critical importance to the U.S., and the high sensitivity of the information he sold to Israel."
--Caspar W. Weinberger, March 03, 1987--

Would you like me to list all the "U.S. Enemy States" which Israel has sold U.S. technology to in the past?

Calm

Last edited:

Please.... don't make Obama draw another red line!

or another

or another

or another

Any nuclear weapons Israel has is because they stole it all .....
https://israelsinfluence.org/transcripts/roger_mattson.html

The Apollo Affair
From Wikipedia
The Apollo Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Diversion of US Nuclear Material Into the Israeli Nuclear Arsenal
WBAI - Walden's Pond
Host Shelton Walden interviews Grant F. Smith
April 01, 2012
Partial Transcript:
Israel diverted US uranium using a front in Pennsylvania to establish its nuclear program
Israel's Nuclear Triggers - Antiwar.com Original by -- Antiwar.com

And here is what Israel has promised to do with the nuclear weapons they have ......

"Prime Minister, I want to be sure that I understand what you are saying…You are saying that if ever Israel was in danger of being defeated on the battlefield, it would be prepared to take the region and the whole world down with it?’ Without the shortest of pauses for reflection, and in the gravel voice that could charm or intimidate American presidents according to need, Golda replied, “Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.”
--Alan Hart, Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews: v. 1, September 30, 2009--

And what really puts me over the edge is when I witness a Pro-Israel supporter bad-mouthing Arabs/Muslims because the Pro-Israel folks have done more harm to American interests than any Arab/Muslim has.

"It is difficult for me, even in the so-called “year of the spy,” to conceive of a greater harm to national security than that caused by the defendant [Jonathan Pollard] in view of the breadth, the critical importance to the U.S., and the high sensitivity of the information he sold to Israel."
--Caspar W. Weinberger, March 03, 1987--

Would you like me to list all the "U.S. Enemy States" which Israel has sold U.S. technology to in the past?

Calm

I guess you can't be called a hater because you are attacking Israel. Funny how that works.

The aid is always being moved by Israeli forces from the flotillas into the Gaza Strip, Israel doesn't forbid humanitarian aid and in fact Israel is the party responsible for nearly all of the humanitarian aid entering the Gaza Strip, so you're not making any sense by claiming Israel denies aid. What Israel does though is enforce a justified and legal blockade on the Gaza Strip that prevents weapons and materials used to create said weapons from entering the territory and be used by Hamas terrorists to murder Israeli civilians.

That doesn't answer the question, but I understand.

Though I have many Jewish friends, I consider the Israeli government to be criminal, just like mine.

The funny thing about the Israeli attack on Gaza following its long blockade is that Israel's original justification for taking over Gaza in 1967 was that Israel was being subject to a blockade.

Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser blockaded the Straits of Tiran on May 21st and 22nd to all shipping from and to Eilat; the area was open to Israeli ships under UN supervision since 1957, and Israel repeatedly stated that such a blockade will be considered as casus belli (justification for acts of war).
--Six Day War, Official Knesset History--

Of course, there are many differences between the two situations.

Just for instance:

(1) Israel could still receive shipments by water via the Mediterranean

(2) Israelis are human beings, whereas Palestinians are wolves in human form.
Writings of George Washington - George Washington - Google Books

"Under International Law, as in Domestic Law, there can be no reprisal against reprisal. The assassin who is being repulsed by his intended victim may not slay him and then, in turn, plead self defense."

Last edited:
You guys can stick all those legal and historical dissertations about Israel where the sun never gets to shine.

The facts is that Israel is surrounded by a sea of mortal enemies who attacked them three times. Iran is drooling to wipe Israel off. On top of that, Israelis have very vivid memories what pacifism brings - Auschwitz and death.

So, if you don't approve what Israel is doing with the Palestinians, resettlements, and such, you can write another righteous and angry Ph. D. thesis. You can even write to your congressman.

When a country is facing existential threat as does Israel, nothing is off limits. Including stealing from and spying on the U.S. What the U.S. is doing about it is another matter, but blaming Israel is just plain dumb.

Instead of that sophisticated balancing act, the U.S. should take a very simple position: Israel's existence is a fact and it is non-negotiable, and any attack on it will be met with full force of the U.S.

Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims will forever be the U.S. enemies. To be a neutral arbiter in that conflict is pure madness.

Last edited:
The funny thing about the Israeli attack on Gaza following its long blockade is that Israel's original justification for taking over Gaza in 1967 was that Israel was being subject to a blockade.

Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser blockaded the Straits of Tiran on May 21st and 22nd to all shipping from and to Eilat; ................................
..............and since when is Eilat (or the Straits of Tiran even) in Gaza?

So how, subsequently, would the taking of Gaza unblock those straits, seeing how Gaza is on the Med. and Eilat on the Red Sea ?

.....................The Jewish Folks used threats and acts of violence leading up to the Balfour Decision ..........................
Do you actually know the year of the Balfour declaration?

The "Jewish folks" used terror leading up to 1917? By planning to murder Churchill in 1944 and Bevin in 1946?

Some feat, I'll say that.:roll:

Do you actually know the year of the Balfour declaration?

The "Jewish folks" used terror leading up to 1917? By planning to murder Churchill in 1944 and Bevin in 1946?

Some feat, I'll say that.:roll:

And what does that have to do with the state of Israel and its survival?

Moderator's Warning:
Thread is completely off-topic. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom