• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Undisputed World #1 booted by Australian Tennis Association

All he had to do was get the vaccine....what a loser.
I don't much care for him but to claim he is a loser, when he will go down as perhaps the greatest hard court tennis player in history is rather stupid on your part

are you unable to actually discuss the issue?
Answer my question that I asked more than once?

You don’t discuss, you slide……..hence the dedication…..

Answer my question that I asked more than once?

You don’t discuss, you slide……..hence the dedication…..
I think that the sport is more important than the hysterical reaction to this player refusing to get a vaccine

I think that the sport is more important than the hysterical reaction to this player refusing to get a vaccine
If I post the song again, I’ll be spamming. I would have loved to see you in the courtroom………:cool:

If I post the song again, I’ll be spamming. I would have loved to see you in the courtroom………:cool:
You appear not to understand the differences between this forum and a court room. and in the USA a member of the cabinet could not over rule the USSC

See ya around!

You appear not to understand the differences between this forum and a court room. and in the USA a member of the cabinet could not over rule the USSC

*Offer void for President Andrew Jackson

Many time Australian Open Champion-and a man who has as good a claim to GOAT status as his great rivals, Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer, was denied an ability to defend his title over COVID protocols

Like some other Elite superstars, Djokovic thought his celebrity status would allow him to skirt Australia's Covid rules. He thought wrong.

Medvedev and Nadal were neither as daring nor as stupid.

Like some other Elite superstars, Djokovic thought his celebrity status would allow him to skirt Australia's Covid rules. He thought wrong.

Medvedev and Nadal were neither as daring or as stupid.
I love seeing blind support for "rules" for the sake of supporting rules. that was my point all along.

I love seeing blind support for "rules" for the sake of supporting rules. that was my point all along.

Having rules beats the alternative, which I hear is nasty, brutish, and short.

Having rules beats the alternative, which I hear is nasty, brutish, and short.
Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia had lots of rules.

true, government elites do what they want. it is a common scourge around the world.

It is a pickle, no doubt. But law is preferable to anarchy. One is perfectible. The other isn't.

Apparently COVID vaccine mandates aren't the only thing the Aussies are strict on. Now they are against advocating for a victim of the ChiCom Government:

The sport of tennis is more important than Australia being a nation of laws not men?

Granted Australia has some damn fool laws, but the way to change them isn't to break them. And it's not the way in any real sport either, maybe wrestling I dunno.

The sport of tennis is more important than Australia being a nation of laws not men?

Granted Australia has some damn fool laws, but the way to change them isn't to break them. And it's not the way in any real sport either, maybe wrestling I dunno.
I just think the whole thing is stupid-Australia and ND. But I wanted Nadal to get the record. He has a tough road ahead but I'd say 50-50

American has a chance to pull an upset in the women's final... (y) 🇺🇸

Pretty long shot I think. Barty hasn't dropped a set nor been taken to a tie-break, Collins has dropped two sets and had two tie-breaks.

Barty:
6-0/6-1 (round of 128)
6-1/6-1
6-2/6-3
6-4/6-3
6-2/6-0
6-1/6-3 (semifinal)

Collins:
6-1/6-3 (round of 128)
6-4/6-3
4-6/6-4/7-5
4-6/6-4/6-4
7-5/6-1
6-4/6-1 (semifinal)

BTW, what's with the world #1 having to play 6 games to get to the final? Don't they use seeding?

I just think the whole thing is stupid-Australia and ND. But I wanted Nadal to get the record. He has a tough road ahead but I'd say 50-50

Medvedev is a whiny brat too. Go Nadal!

Medvedev is a whiny brat too. Go Nadal!
He's like Nastase, he feeds off of negative energy. He's got talent coming out the wazooo. He'd be the bad guy in a WWE event. 3 years ago I watched him, down a set, destroy Novak at Cincinnati in the semis and then take the title over never say die David Goffin in the finals. his talent was obvious then

He's like Nastase, he feeds off of negative energy. He's got talent coming out the wazooo. He'd be the bad guy in a WWE event. 3 years ago I watched him, down a set, destroy Novak at Cincinnati in the semis and then take the title over never say die David Goffin in the finals. his talent was obvious then

Would you believe I've never been to a tennis match? The idea of staying quiet during the serve does not appeal.

Would you believe I've never been to a tennis match? The idea of staying quiet during the serve does not appeal.
I was lucky./ the Cincinnati tournament was once held at a club my father played at (he actually was a semi finalist in the event back when it was a second string amateur event in the fifties) and an old gentleman who had a top box retired to Florida and allowed my grandfather to buy it. We've had a box ever since and I now live 5 minutes from the current venue. So other than 1979 when I was training at the OTC, I have been every year since 66. I only saw the finals in 88 since I was at the trials again for Seoul. But since then I have never missed it save 2020 when they moved it to NYC

Back
Top Bottom