• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Undisputed World #1 booted by Australian Tennis Association

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Many time Australian Open Champion-and a man who has as good a claim to GOAT status as his great rivals, Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer, was denied an ability to defend his title over COVID protocols

Many time Australian Open Champion-and a man who has as good a claim to GOAT status as his great rivals, Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer, was denied an ability to defend his title over COVID protocols

It's what we call a "Living Darwin Award". He didn't have to die to earn it. Congrats to Djok

He was granted an exemption to play in the Australian Open, then denied entry into Australia. Simple solution, move the Australian Open to a different country,
problem solved. Or he could get the shot.

Djokovic was denied an "ability" to defend his title, or was denied an "opportunity" to defend his title? There is a major difference in the two terms.

What did you expect from a country with Covid concentration camps?

He was granted an exemption to play in the Australian Open, then denied entry into Australia. Simple solution, move the Australian Open to a different country,
problem solved. Or he could get the shot.

Moving the Australian Open would make it Not The Australian Open. And it's too late for him to get the shot.

A

Asswipe jerkodick can go screw himself. He ‘sets’ a prime example for trumpaholic bastard kids and is an intentional silent terrorist.

A

Asswipe jerkodick can go screw himself. He ‘sets’ a prime example for trumpaholic bastard kids and is an intentional silent terrorist.
wow, just wow.

Djokovic’s inability to follow rules denied him the opportunity to compete in the Australian Open.
He made his choice.
It will be interesting to see what the ATP does with the AO. I also note that there apparently were double standards as to exemptions. Of the big three, ND is by far my least favorite-I will not deny that I think Rafa is the best player ever-having seen all three play from front row seats, at least 12 times each.

It will be interesting to see what the ATP does with the AO. I also note that there apparently were double standards as to exemptions. Of the big three, ND is by far my least favorite-I will not deny that I think Rafa is the best player ever-having seen all three play from front row seats, at least 12 times each.

I suppose they could not recognize the Men's winner, and give points for 2nd, 3rd etc.

Assuming Joko would have won, that would punish the Australian Open without punishing any player.

And why do I think the AO needs punishing? They should have given Djokovic sufficient notice that he could get vaccinated and pass the time Australia considers necessary to quarantine. They didn't co-ordinate properly with the state and federal governments there.

I suppose they could not recognize the Men's winner, and give points for 2nd, 3rd etc.

Assuming Joko would have won, that would punish the Australian Open without punishing any player.
One of the Muslim countries was in hot water when it played games when it prevented Shahar Pe'er, the delightful top Israeli ladies player from playing in Dubai. Some other top players, such as then defending men's champion, Andy Roddick, refused to defend his title. I haven't decided who I side with over this. Certainly Australia has certain powers as to who can come into their country, but it is an open tournament.

One of the Muslim countries was in hot water when it played games when it prevented Shahar Pe'er, the delightful top Israeli ladies player from playing in Dubai. Some other top players, such as then defending men's champion, Andy Roddick, refused to defend his title. I haven't decided who I side with over this. Certainly Australia has certain powers as to who can come into their country, but it is an open tournament.

I didn't know that. And good for Andy Roddick, though it means every men's player got points for 1 higher than they earned.

Certainly better than being from the ethnic-cleanser Serbia, though we both know you’re lying as usual on anything Covid or anything else that matters.
The only liar in this board is you. You have yet to say anything remotely true.

It's worth noting that it isn't the Tennis authorities blocking him - they, and the Victoria state government had apparently already agreed to his exemption. It's the federal Australian rules for just entering the country (for any reason) that he's fallen foul of.

They should change the name of the tournament from the Australian Open to the Australian Closed.

(I know it's lame, but its the best I could come up with since Im a little drunk)

Back
Top Bottom