• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UN experts: Israel flotilla raid broke int'l law

Re: Gaza flotilla attack: UN report condemns Israeli 'brutality'

Well, there is always this one, which is the listed source for your very recent posting on "Jewish terrorism".

Research Guide to the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict

And actually, how do you equate that with being a 'hate site'? I'm just now having a look at it and there doesn't seem to be anything particularly damning about it.

Even if there was any truth to this(and there isn't, international in its common meaning implies on worldwide, an international organization deals with world wide issues, not necessarily between two countries),

United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and achievement of world peace. The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue. It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions.

Is this clear enough?

You've just made it clear that you couldn't be more off the mark.
At no point did I refer any of my words to the United Nations, but to the UNHRC, a body within the United Nations whose supposed purpose is to deal with human rights violations. (Hence the name; United Nations' Human Rights Council).

It couldn't get more ridiculous than that.

You've just made it clear that you couldn't be more off the mark.
At no point did I refer any of my words to the United Nations, but to the UNHRC, a body within the United Nations whose supposed purpose is to deal with human rights violations. (Hence the name; United Nations' Human Rights Council).

It couldn't get more ridiculous than that.

I didn't state that they don't investigate the internal human rights abuses of countries. All I was showing you was one of the reasons the UNHRC might target Israel more than other countries: the UN is primarily set up to settle conflicts between nations. This is a 40 year conflict (longer actually) in which Israel has continually suppressed an entire nation.

The question should be, why wouldn't they continually target the country who has continually ignored every resolution they have passed?

I didn't state that they don't investigate the internal human rights abuses of countries. All I was showing you was one of the reasons the UNHRC might target Israel more than other countries: the UN is primarily set up to settle conflicts between nations. This is a 40 year conflict (longer actually) in which Israel has continually suppressed an entire nation.

The question should be, why wouldn't they continually target the country who has continually ignored every resolution they have passed?

I'm saddened to inform you that you are still speaking about the UN and not the UNHRC. (notice marked parts)

Nevertheless I am of the belief that no matter what your opinions on Israel are and how far they are from reality, surely you can recognize that there are bigger human rights violations in the world such as Darfur and Rawanda (and many others), and since the UNHRC was formed under the illusion of a human rights organization it is a tiny miny little bit bizarre that the absolute majority of its decisions revolve around Israel.
Well bizarre is obviously not the right word, the right wording would be that it is a political organization with the target of spreading anti-Israeli propaganda, nothing more and nothing less.

Educate yourself a bit more:

According to human rights groups, the council is controlled by a bloc of Islamic and African states, backed by China, Cuba and Russia, who protect each other from criticism.[3] UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon and former High Commissioner for Human Rights Mary Robinson have criticized the council for acting according to political considerations as opposed to human rights. Specifically, Secretaries General Kofi Annan and Ban Ki Moon, the council's president Doru Costea, the European Union, Canada and the United States have accused the council of focusing disproportionately on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.[4][5][6] The United States boycotted the Council during the George W. Bush administration, but reversed its position on it during the Obama administration.[7]

United Nations Human Rights Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You misunderstand my meaning.

The UN's overall mandate plays a large part who they ...forget it.

You're right and I'm wrong :roll: This argument long ago became circular and nothing more than a waste of forum space.

Educate yourself a bit more:

I do ...every, single, day.

I believe I've answered you three times now.
The organization is extremely biased, the same biased organization that picks up the committee and the same biased organization that releases the 'report'.
The report itself also, is biased. It depends on activists' claims in its majority and since it has had no access to evidence its basis is overall lacking.
It is a ridiculous joke coming from a ridiculous organization, why won't you wait for the UN investigation?

You answered numerous times with the same flawed reasoning, guilt by association. You have provided absolutely no evidence that any of the panel members were not impartial in their investigation. You are repeating the same flawed argument as if you were making a point. No, you are just exposing your own weak argument that defeats
itself.

And you say it had no access to evidence. It's obvious you've never even read the report in its entirety, yet have felt the need to comment multiples times with the same bullcrap. Have you taken over mbig's spot for posting nonsense?

You answered numerous times with the same flawed reasoning, guilt by association. You have provided absolutely no evidence that any of the panel members were not impartial in their investigation. You are repeating the same flawed argument as if you were making a point. No, you are just exposing your own weak argument that defeats
itself.

You repeating yourself using the same false claims would not grant any credibility to your argument.
Your claims that a biased organization does not imply on biased reports by that organization have little to do with reality, the content of the report in its whole is extremely one-sided and partial due to the extreme bias of the organization that has released it.
You claim that as long as I do not go personally and provide past claims and statements by the individuals appointed by the biased organization I cannot connect the organization's bais to its reports, a claim that has neither sense nor logic in it, and is simply a desperate attempt to grant legitimacy to an organization that has none, and a desperate attempt that would not be granted any legitimacy itself.

And you say it had no access to evidence.

It didn't have any access to the evidence on the incident, as Israel did not cooperate with it. Pretty simple.
Upon reading the report it is obvious that the UNHRC don't even care anymore about legitimacy, as at least the Goldstone report was trying to gather evidence to base itself on, while this report is simply relying in its whole on witnesses accounts and conclusions that are sourced entirely with the author's agenda.

You repeating yourself using the same false claims would not grant any credibility to your argument.
Your claims that a biased organization does not imply on biased reports by that organization have little to do with reality, the content of the report in its whole is extremely one-sided and partial due to the extreme bias of the organization that has released it.
You claim that as long as I do not go personally and provide past claims and statements by the individuals appointed by the biased organization I cannot connect the organization's bais to its reports, a claim that has neither sense nor logic in it, and is simply a desperate attempt to grant legitimacy to an organization that has none, and a desperate attempt that would not be granted any legitimacy itself.

It didn't have any access to the evidence on the incident, as Israel did not cooperate with it. Pretty simple.
Upon reading the report it is obvious that the UNHRC don't even care anymore about legitimacy, as at least the Goldstone report was trying to gather evidence to base itself on, while this report is simply relying in its whole on witnesses accounts and conclusions that are sourced entirely with the author's agenda.

No one (except blind supporters of Israel) has ever claimed that the content of their reports were biased. And even those who have don't ever support their claims. Ever.

This is your argument: All science is wrong because the scientists are biased and just after grants (alterier motive).

Proof?

Answer: 'Cause I said so.

Last edited:

Except the only role that organization has had in terms of this report is selecting the three panel members that headed the investigation. You are asserting that since UNHRC selected these people, the "bias" from UNHRC magically extends to these panel members. That's ridiculous, erroneous, and fallacious reasoning. You have provided absolutely no evidence that these panel members were not impartial in their investigation.
The organization did not create the report. The panel members did. You are insinuating that since the organization chose the panel members, that organization's "bias" magically extends to those three committee members. That's ridiculous and absurd.

Baseless rhetoric with no evidence to substantiate it.

Last edited:

Except the only role that organization has had in terms of this report is selecting the three panel members that headed the investigation. You are asserting that since UNHRC selected these people, the "bias" from UNHRC magically extends to these panel members. That's ridiculous, erroneous, and fallacious reasoning. You have provided absolutely no evidence that these panel members were not impartial in their investigation.

The organization did not create the report. The panel members did. You are insinuating that since the organization chose the panel members, that organization's "bias" magically extends to those three committee members. That's ridiculous and absurd.

It's ridiculous and absurd to claim that an organization that is motivated by a political agenda against a specific country would release impartial reports about it.
The report is as one sided and biased as the organization that has released it.

Baseless rhetoric with no evidence to substantiate it.

Yes, your comment is indeed nothing but baseless rhetoric with zero evidence to back it, you claim that the committee has had access to the evidence on the incident while it clearly did not, which pretty much destroys any attempt you may engage in to deny the obvious - that the report is, as the organization behind it, a big joke.

It's ridiculous and absurd to claim that an organization that is motivated by a political agenda against a specific country would release impartial reports about it.
The report is as one sided and biased as the organization that has released it.
The organization did not release the report. The panel did. You have provided no evidence that this panel was not impartial when it conducted its investigation. It's ridiculous to suggest that an organization's bias magically extends to a panel it selects. That's flawed, fallacious reasoning that has no relevance in an intellectual discussion. Come back when you can prove that the panel was not impartial.
Yes, your comment is indeed nothing but baseless rhetoric with zero evidence to back it, you claim that the committee has had access to the evidence on the incident while it clearly did not, which pretty much destroys any attempt you may engage in to deny the obvious - that the report is, as the organization behind it, a big joke.
That's because you think Israel has all the evidence, which is absurd. There's forensic evidence. There's ballistic evidence. Autopsies are evidence. Yet you disregard these because it does not suit your agenda. The only joke here is your fallacious arguments.

Moderator's Warning:
Next comment that addresses the poster and not the topic will get an infraction and/or a thread ban. Also, this thread is close to getting closed as it seems that y'all cannot behave. So I advise you to knock it off.

Back
Top Bottom