• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine-Russia crisis live news...

I don't think you could keep conflict contained that way. There's plenty of people around the world whom the Russians could arm. Didn't that even occur to you?

You raise the ante by arming Ukrainians, and Russia could arm all kinds of people, including the Iranians. There's piles of people who hate the United States.

Warmongers in DC would love that, of course - because that just increases the number of wars to fight. Their deathly fear is peace, because that's when they lose.
While you advocate appeasing Putin, and letting him rollover the Ukraine and keeping them under the Russian iron boot, I’m on the side of people fighting for freedom and democracy, the Ukrainians. By arming the Ukrainians we are supporting their freedom.

Fortunately, Germany just sent in new anti-tank weapons and the U.S. too.

While you advocate appeasing Putin, and letting him rollover the Ukraine and keeping them under the Russian iron boot, I’m on the side of people fighting for freedom and democracy, the Ukrainians. By arming the Ukrainians we are supporting their freedom.

Zelensky is not a democrat, he's a despot. Zelensky has imprisoned opposition leaders -- leaders who opposed him without engaging in any violence. He's also shut down media criticizing him. This is your hero? This is what you stand for?

No wonder you vote Democrat. Your role model for the future.

Just imagine the weapons Russia could send to others whom Americans may have to fight.
Oh well, I know you won't be signing up for any military service, so it's easy for you to warmonger at others.

The trouble with appeasing people like Putin is that it just emboldens them to go after another land grab.

I can't see it spreading unless Putin decides to attack a NATO country. That would be an extreme act of insane folly.
Putin is a psychopath.

Zelensky is not a democrat, he's a despot. Zelensky has imprisoned opposition leaders -- leaders who opposed him without engaging in any violence. He's also shut down media criticizing him. This is your hero? This is what you stand for?

Just imagine the weapons Russia could send to others whom Americans may have to fight.
Oh well, I know you won't be signing up for any military service, so it's easy for you to warmonger at others.
You had me fooled, I had you for a serious poster until the last few days……….

You might as well be a propagandist on the Russian payroll. You make blatantly false statements without citation.

If you want to make these slandering and preposterous statements about Zelenskyy, you are going to have to show your work. I know you won’t because you can’t.

Last edited:
I can't see it spreading unless Putin decides to attack a NATO country. That would be an extreme act of insane folly.
Yes, it would. I doubt that he's dumb enough to assume there would be no consequences if he should go that route. Make no mistake though, the control of former Soviet states is his ultimate goal.

I haven't heard any reporting of this in the US corporate media which isn't particularly surprising:

https://www.rt.com/russia/544152-eu-ukraine-detention-opposition/

"A top Ukrainian news site has reported that EU officials have called on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to release Viktor Medvedchuk, the leader of the country’s largest opposition party. The politician was placed under house arrest earlier this year..."

"Medvedchuk, the leader of Opposition Platform – For Life, the second-largest party in the country’s parliament, was detained by security officials earlier this year on charges of conspiring with Moscow to disrupt coal supplies to Ukraine from South Africa in 2014.

"He argued that this was a purely political move, calling the case 'absurd' and saying that Ukrainian authorities had absolutely no evidence for the alleged crime."

Is the Russian invasion of Ukraine a "transient event"?
Retired Colonel Larry Wilkerson believes it is:

https://theanalysis.news/ukraine-russian-crimes-american-hypocrisy-wilkerson-and-jay/

"The first thing I would observe as a military professional is what [Carl von] Clausewitz said in book eight, I think, we are at a vividness of transient events.

"This is a transient event.

"What does that mean?

"Well, let’s put it in the context of [Ulysses S.] Grant in Virginia when he finally takes over the bulk of the Union forces, and he’s pursuing [Robert E.] Lee relentlessly through Virginia. He’s asleep one night in his tent, and an aide runs in all breathless and says, General, wake up, Lee’s on your flank.

"Grant thinks for a second, looks at the aide, thanks him and rolls over and goes back to sleep.

"That’s what a transient event is.

"That’s what we should be doing, rolling over and going back to sleep, as it were.

"At worst, Putin is probably going to consolidate his hold on the two westernmost oblast, which he pretty much already owned anyway."

Colonel Wilkerson also has some advice for Biden in case Putin has more ambitious goals in Ukraine:

"...if Putin really does have something truly heinous in mind for Ukraine, not just solidifying his control over the oblast he already pretty much controls, but really something serious, let him do it.

"In two years, he’ll be out of power.

"The Russian armed forces will look worse than they looked when they came out of Afghanistan.

"After ten years, the Russian State will be collapsing.

"It will be five times worse than when the Soviet Union collapsed because they have nothing but gas stations."

Back
Top Bottom