• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine-Russia crisis live news...

I have no idea what that empty nonsense was about, except as a weak attempt at deflection.

This is the biggest challenge the United States has had to face on a global scale since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

If Putin gets away with it, it’s the end of the very idea of the US as “leader of the free world”.
Who's gullible/ignorant/stupid enough to believe the US has ever been the leader of the free world?
Since the end of WWII the US has intervened dozens of times in the internal affairs of other nations, and that's exactly what Biden/Obama did in Ukraine in 2014.
Anyone who thinks the "challenge" in Ukraine today compares to the Cuban Missile Crisis wasn't alive in October of 1962 (or 1967).
22qth1.jpg

I thought Zelensky spoke well just now. Sounds like the attack is going to happen in the next 24 hours based on what’s he said at US intelligence etc.

Thoughts with the Ukrainians. I hope they make the Russians pay for every inch they take.

Invasion expected in 90 mins.

Russia will win I hope

"SLAVIANSK, Ukraine — The eastern Ukraine city of Slaviansk was the site of fierce fighting in 2014 when war broke out between Ukrainian forces and Russia-backed rebels. But while many are now expressing anger at Russia for bringing war into their lives, not everyone believes that President Vladimir V. Putin was at fault.
24ukraine-briefing-schwirtz-superJumbo.jpg

"'It’s our scoundrels in Ukraine who listen to NATO and the Pentagon, which are pushing them into war,' said Lyubov Vasilyevna, 75, who would give only her first name and patronymic."

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/24/world/russia-ukraine-putin

Foreign policy crises drive domestic policy failures from the headlines.
Large scale wars kill reform movements.
WWI ended the progressive movement.
WWII ended the New Deal.
Vietnam killed the Great Society.

https://robertreich.substack.com/p/the-8-sobering-takeaways-from-putins?utm_source=url

Hi, georgephillip!

The Big 5, for this poor old country mouse, are the five basic steps each of us can take to avoid contracting an airborne bacterial or viral disease. They've proven effective for centuries and continue to do so today. Here they are:

1. Wash hands frequently.
2. Wear a mask in public areas.
3. Maintain physical separation in public areas.
4. Get vaccinated when one is available.
5. Update information on the disease(s) through reputable sources.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

It could easily escalate very quickly to a larger European conflict. Not an enticing prospect with Russia a mere 1500 miles away...
I think it’s unlikely. Putin is 70 years old. If he was 40 or 50 it would be much more likely IMO

Many of the big money guys around Putin, the oligarchs, are murderers like Putin. Murderers kill each other. If things go south for the oligarchs' money, Putin could be gone rather suddenly. Strangle the flow of money to the oligarchs, and things will get dicey on Putin's side of managing relations with those big money guys. It could happen.

Well, when trump decided to start shouting “America First”, he was consciously echoing the isolationism of the prewar America First movement, which had its strongest adherents in the midwest, far west and south, the same territory as trump nation.

The Russians used their social media agitprop campaign to campaign for Trump and to promote the Russian world view in right wing social media (as anyone who turns on Fox Noise today can plainly see).

Trump, being a coward, allowed Putin to push him around and humiliate him publicly.

All the while he kept the funding a Russian fronted insurgency in Ukraine, in preparation for the invasion.

that's amazing logic... Putin owned Trump , yet... he waited until BIDEN was in office to try to take more of Ukraine.

boy , Putin sure is a moron.

Happy with your fellow Russians being arrested by the thousands for protesting Putin’s ReNazification?
hold on we got a problem. Putin said it wanted to end nazis in Ukraine. But you say Putin is the actual nazi

Will the real nazis please stand up?

Haha, the latest word is that SecDef Lloyd Austin visited the Pentagon to check on the latest military plans in response to Ukraine --- and get this -- they're trying to find the best ways to fight Russia remotely.

WTF? Work from home? They're trying to come up with Cyber responses. This is retarded.

"How can we fight the Russians while social distancing?"

"How can we ensure American soldiers have enough masks?"

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A Ukrainian jet is blown out of the sky by Russia's powerful S-400 air defense system:

Here's a clip of S-400 systems being brought into Ukraine:

Zelensky has definitely shown some balls still staying in Kyiv.

I understand that Russian forces have had unexpectedly high level of casualties. 2,800 soldiers; 80 tanks; 516 armored carriers; 10 aircraft; 2 helicopters.

The challenge will be rearming Ukraine with Javelins, NLAWs, and small arms.

I understand that Russian forces have had unexpectedly high level of casualties. 2,800 soldiers; 80 tanks; 516 armored carriers; 10 aircraft; 2 helicopters.
Yes, I think Putin's FSB knew this and probably told the mad man that it won't be as easy.

Not sure if any of you seen this exchange but very interesting:

There are many Russians that make up the pop of Ukraine. Especially in E. Ukraine. I'm thinking that the Russians from Russia will be more likely to sympathize with the Ukranian Russians than vice-versa. The Putin approach to Crimea was to take advantage of the ethnic Russian majority. I'm thinking that's shifting.

I hope you're right. Things can get very serious, very quickly.

I can't see it spreading unless Putin decides to attack a NATO country. That would be an extreme act of insane folly.

The challenge will be rearming Ukraine with Javelins, NLAWs, and small arms.

I don't think you could keep conflict contained that way. There's plenty of people around the world whom the Russians could arm. Didn't that even occur to you?

You raise the ante by arming Ukrainians, and Russia could arm all kinds of people, including the Iranians. There's piles of people who hate the United States.

Warmongers in DC would love that, of course - because that just increases the number of wars to fight. Their deathly fear is peace, because that's when they lose.

Back
Top Bottom