• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Senate approves bill that would make Daylight Savings Time permanent in 2023

We do? I'll have to make a note of that. I thought it was just a fad.
No..its a thing sadly..

I got called a commie the other day for no reason

Just wish they'd let us go back that hour in November and then leave it. The sun won't come up until after 8:30AM in NY during the winter
I don't care which way they stay, just stop switching.

No..its a thing sadly..

I got called a commie the other day for no reason
I have been called Marxist for the very same reason. SO, I adopted a new avatar.

I think they are saying that Nov 2023 will be the first time that the clocks will NOT need adjusting, therefore staying on the "spring forward" time.
Why are they waiting a full 'nother year? It should go into effect immediately.

Finally!!!!!! Although think it should take place sooner. Oh well...... better late than never

WASHINGTON, March 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate voted unanimously on Tuesday to make Daylight Savings Time permanent, a move supporters say would make winter afternoons brighter and end the twice changing of clocks.

The measure still needs approval from the U.S. House of Representatives and the backing of President Joe Biden. On Sunday, most of the United States resumed Daylight Savings Time, moving ahead one hour. The United States will resume standard time in November 2022.

Senator Marco Rubio said after input from airlines and broadcasters that supporters agreed that the change would not take place until November 2023.

1647475428040.png

Back
Top Bottom